Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look another concise and direct post by Witty Banter.
You could have been more direct by saying 'I want you gone', but chose instead to deeply ponder why one would stay where they aren't wanted. :p

If you like directness, OK, here is direct. Is choosing to use your eggs a vanity decision to make you feel involved and does it expose your child to increased genetic risk of having your same condition?

Drove wayyyyyy down south today to Cataract to visit Aust Scout Jamboree 2016 ... A sea of happy well-adjusted busy-enjoying-themselves kids ... Despite the extremely wet start they endured they are having a ball :) Our son who is a leader looked exhausted! But a good kind of exhausted

You could have been more direct by saying 'I want you gone', but chose instead to deeply ponder why one would stay where they aren't wanted. :p

If you like directness, OK, here is direct. Is choosing to use your eggs a vanity decision to make you feel involved and does it expose your child to increased genetic risk of having your same condition?

I wasn't necessarily saying I want you gone though, I was just wondering what in particular motivates you to visit this forum or what makes it enjoyable for you, if anything.

What particular condition of mine are you referring to? Yes it is a scary thought to think of my genes spreading, I agree, but is there anything specific you are concerned about being passed down? I obviously would not take this path if I had genuine concerns for my child, and I am happy to discuss how I arrived at this exact scenario of baby making, but I don't want to waste that energy if this is just a slight on me. If you are genuinely curious I will answer though.

Thanks Witty, but that doesn't tell me much on how hooleys is doing at this present time. Just hope all is ok there with her. Haven't seen any recent posts that's all.
I'm not a source of info but checking would suggest the Yarloop fire is still very serious / emergency status and moving. Areas South of Yarloop have been evacuated and 30Km isn't much to play with.

http://www.dfes.wa.gov.au/alerts/Pages/Alert.aspx?ItemId=16223

last she was saying I thought was that she was packed up and ready to go anytime they advised her to

Yarloop was a neighbouring town to where she was ... they are apparently evactuating Harvey another town in that vicinity so I imagine she's had to leave her home

hope she's doing ok - it is one very scarey hellish thing to get through

Im just flicking through, just how many times did you mention my name in my absence... how sad
He has the words Trala, Mutley and OT pretty much on repeat.

You can type Keywords, and Posted by Member into the search bar. Gives you a gauge on his mood. On a scale of 1-10, his T&M&OT obsession for today is sitting at an 8. Me logging in at this late hour is bound to push that up to a 9.

Haha, that's right, you are on night shift. I'll be up for a bit, just going to watch some TV. Busy shift? Or have u not started yet?

Hi! I am Ok here (as in being alive) - although I feel for my nearby communities ......... and I am feeling a bit fragile. I suppose that what happens when you absorb the feelings.

Thanks for asking those that did and where wondering :)

I was so lucky to have that road block to send me home, because ............. well it is all done and dusted now. That sort of freaks me out ......
I doubt whether Yarloop will ever be rebuilt, and that is so damn sad. Small Town-Great History - Cheapish housing- Will the Owners be able to rebuild elsewhere? They lived off their own housing, income and lifestyle investment, that might not be able to be replaced with the way the markets are. Maybe not.

I know a few peeps that lived there :(

Anyway, I was ready to head off, when we were given an alert but that was reverted, so I hung the wet blankets out to dry. Even today, I got a text message to evacuate even though the threat was about 15 klms away from here. I stayed to work. A lot of our customers tonight were those that had been 'evicted' from their homes ..... and left with just their animals. Some were not able to. Some left Chooks behind. Some left cats that ran away in fright! Heaps of Locals took Horse Floats in and rescued what Horses they could. I saw cattle trucks come and go all day.

It is all heartbreaking ..... try being FOH and keep tears out of your eyes, be smiling and reassuring and trying to find the right words to say, when people talk about what they have witnessed and are living and have lost.

Dairy Farmers, that need to go back into threatened places, at 4am, because those cows still need a milking. The dumping of Milk, because it cannot be collected. To see a happy regular customer, totally drained and having to 'back track' a way to his farm, because the roads are closed, and will they make it out safe ..... the frustration of not knowing what is happening - because the no one really knows, it is all too much ATM and a sad place :(

The shortage of Fuel and the hearing about people panicking on only real road to Perth - running out of fuel and abandoment of cars is like pandemonium!!!!

Not to mention my Car, that will need a water Jetblast to get rid of the Ash (as least on my windscreen, just to be able to drive) - It is like snow (but a bit blacker)

Hooley Dooley - what a SIGHT!

I must say the Community here is amazing! Doing whatever can be done :) It is far from over yet.

I am ok, and safe atm, nowhere near the others that have huge scars and mental imprints that will never be forgotten, I suppose it takes times like this for me to backstep from a forum like this. When you see and experience negativy towards another human here, in that maybe just a joke on a forum, but to go through something like this makes me wonder why are people so unkind towards each other, even if it just a joke - I just dont get it anymore ....... :(:(:(:(:(:(

Not sure when I'll be back - Take Care of those you Love and maybe even try to give a hug to those that refuse one, they might need one more than ever xxx

Hi! I am Ok here (as in being alive) - although I feel for my nearby communities ......... and I am feeling a bit fragile. I suppose that what happens when you absorb the feelings.

Thanks for asking those that did and where wondering :)

I was so lucky to have that road block to send me home, because ............. well it is all done and dusted now. That sort of freaks me out ......
I doubt whether Yarloop will ever be rebuilt, and that is so damn sad. Small Town-Great History - Cheapish housing- Will the Owners be able to rebuild elsewhere? They lived off their own housing, income and lifestyle investment, that might not be able to be replaced with the way the markets are. Maybe not.

I know a few peeps that lived there :(

It is all heartbreaking ..... try being FOH and keep tears out of your eyes, be smiling and reassuring and trying to find the right words to say, when people talk about what they have witnessed and are living and have lost.

Dairy Farmers, that need to go back into threatened places, at 4am, because those cows still need a milking. The dumping of Milk, because it cannot be collected. To see a happy regular customer, totally drained and having to 'back track' a way to his farm, because the roads are closed, and will they make it out safe ..... the frustration of not knowing what is happening - because the no one really knows, it is all too much ATM and a sad place :(

The shortage of Fuel and the hearing about people panicking on only real road to Perth - running out of fuel and abandoment of cars is like pandemonium!!!!

Not to mention my Car, that will need a water Jetblast to get rid of the Ash (as least on my windscreen, just to be able to drive) - It is like snow (but a bit blacker)

Hooley Dooley - what a SIGHT!

I must say the Community here is amazing! Doing whatever can be done :) It is far from over yet

Not sure when I'll be back - Take Care of those you Love and maybe even try to give a hug to those that refuse one, they might need one more than ever xxx
Thank you for posting Ma'am. Very glad to hear you are alright.

Haha, that's right, you are on night shift. I'll be up for a bit, just going to watch some TV. Busy shift? Or have u not started yet?
23:00 - 07:15.

Had a brilliant night so far. Working with a dream team.

Only 3 hours to go!!!![DOUBLEPOST=1452362646][/DOUBLEPOST]Anybody here?

Ahhh the Sat/Sun nightshift swing - Thumbs up Trala - keeps everyone outta trouble!

I've been tubing Priya on Big Boss India to pass the time..

On a lighter note, I heard this tune tonight and it reminded me of anyone wanting to do or be one!!!!

lol - whipping the dripping ........

lol - betta getta a grip on your self .......... you got to pull yourself together .........

HAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaa

Last edited:
Ahhh the Sat/Sun nightshift swing - Thumbs up Trala - keeps everyone outta trouble!

I've been tubing Priya on Big Boss India to pass the time..
Hello!!!

And good moanin OT Thread!!!

Could you pm me a link on how to watch it please?

On a lighter note, I heard this tune tonight and it reminded me of anyone wanting to do or be one!!!!

lol - whipping the dripping ........

lol - betta getta a grip on your self .......... you got to pull yourself together .........

HAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaa

Twas a light hearted joke - seeing I found reading my post a bit too ......... anyway get on it!!!!

Ciao ss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back