Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old is he and why does he need jaw surgery?

Sending thoughts and prayers x

I want a new dishwasher :(

Named Steve. Preferably naked.

That's crazy re the surgeon, geez. 3 years is a long time to have to wait it out, but the day is finally arriving! I'm sure everything is going to go as planned, all the best xo

Oh finally learnt how to multi quote..... He is 20, has had braces for nearly 3 years, he has an underbite, and needs corrective surgery. He is such a good looking boy now, but after surgery he is going to be better. The surgery will enhance his features, so I am told by the surgeon. Has to have surgery on both upper and lower. they call it Orthognathic surgery. Re his first surgeon committing suicide, was devastating to hear. We had been seeing him for like 2 years and he was so kind to us, and was so sad.He use to do a lot of pro bono work overseas. we had to wait this long mainly because his jaw had to stop growing (age thing), and also we were put back a year because of having to find another surgeon that would take his case half way through. Anyway we are hoping by the time he is 21 he will have his braces off. he has to have his braces for 6 months post surgery

Oh finally learnt how to multi quote..... He is 20, has had braces for nearly 3 years, he has an underbite, and needs corrective surgery. He is such a good looking boy now, but after surgery he is going to be better. The surgery will enhance his features, so I am told by the surgeon. Has to have surgery on both upper and lower. they call it Orthognathic surgery. Re his first surgeon committing suicide, was devastating to hear. We had been seeing him for like 2 years and he was so kind to us, and was so sad.He use to do a lot of pro bono work overseas. we had to wait this long mainly because his jaw had to stop growing (age thing), and also we were put back a year because of having to find another surgeon that would take his case half way through. Anyway we are hoping by the time he is 21 he will have his braces off. he has to have his braces for 6 months post surgery
I'm 30 and I recently saw an orthodontist who told me I could do with jaw corrective surgery. So I will be interested to hear how it goes for your son. I'm not all that keen. My teeth have kind of corrected for my slight underbite so it's purely a cosmetic thing. I don't think I am going to do it. I thought mine told me they have to do the jaw surgery before braces. But maybe that's my situation. If they correct my teeth it will make the underbite worse.

Anyway. Sorry to hear about your surgeon. Hope it all goes well for your son.

No I don't like most other housework. I just figure once you rinse, stack, empty and put away you may as well just hand wash them! Haha.

My tactic is to try and stay on top of it with little washes. Rather than lettering them all pile up. I use one of those detergent filled brushes.
Probably not the best for the environment.

That actually makes sense. I also hate the rinsing, stacking and emptying process as well. I tend to "soak" my dishes which is basically just me putting it all off for as long as possible, but for me it's either that or throw them out and start again (which is tempting).[DOUBLEPOST=1416450301][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow sounds intense but good luck @shadow2. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end if this ordeal.

That actually makes sense. I also hate the rinsing, stacking and emptying process as well. I tend to "soak" my dishes which is basically just me putting it all off for as long as possible, but for me it's either that or throw them out and start again (which is tempting).
One day we will have robots doing this for us!

I'm 30 and I recently saw an orthodontist who told me I could do with jaw corrective surgery. So I will be interested to hear how it goes for your son. I'm not all that keen. My teeth have kind of corrected for my slight underbite so it's purely a cosmetic thing. I don't think I am going to do it. I thought mine told me they have to do the jaw surgery before braces. But maybe that's my situation. If they correct my teeth it will make the underbite worse.

Anyway. Sorry to hear about your surgeon. Hope it all goes well for your son.
Not sure about the braces thing, how it started with Ben was that one day I noticed his bottom teeth crooked, so we went to the dentist and he said he needed braces and that he had an under bite as well, so he needed corrective surgery as well. The prob with Ben is that if he doesn't have the surgery, when they take his braces off, his teeth will go crooked again. So, that was the start of it. His under-bite is hereditary, from his father side ;). It isn't all cosmetic for Ben, he has problems with chewing, and other issues, so it is kind of necessary. Its worth looking into to, but keep in mind, it is a very costly procedure. For the surgery alone it is $17,000 plus his anesthetic fee of approx $3500, and then add on the cost of the braces. But to me it is worth it if it gives him the confidence of feeling good about himself. He will have a liquid diet for 2 weeks, and then mashed or soft foods for a further 4 weeks... he isn't too keen on that, and he cannot go to the gym for 6 weeks, so he is super pissed about that as he is a 6 day a week gym person. So it will be interesting that's for sure[DOUBLEPOST=1416455993][/DOUBLEPOST]
That actually makes sense. I also hate the rinsing, stacking and emptying process as well. I tend to "soak" my dishes which is basically just me putting it all off for as long as possible, but for me it's either that or throw them out and start again (which is tempting).[DOUBLEPOST=1416450301][/DOUBLEPOST]Wow sounds intense but good luck @shadow2. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end if this ordeal.
Hope so too Jessy, he has been through a lot in his life

Anything pertaining to your heart and/or lungs I'd imagine. Also iron deficiencies. I am currently anaemic and while my iron levels are slowly rising I find basic exertion much more challenging than I used to, and this is already factoring in my generally low fitness levels.

Yeah Suddenly I can't do much! Ever since I was hospitalised with very low heart rate (around the 40s) .... But they did all scans for my heart and everything was ok..... But they didn't do a stress test... hmmmm

It's weird.... I'm fine when I'm doing it... But two days later I absolutely crash- fatigue, depressed mood, muscle pain. Use to take me a day to recover.....

And I only do like 20 minutes and its not super intense hmmmm

Perhaps if you stopped calling her names like "slapper" she would be more inclined to accept your apology... I don't get why you don't just drop it, it's not nice to read and it's not nice for Trala.

On a more positive note, I'M PREGNANT.
Oh wow congrats...

Some celeb's have sex tapes out thar...sooooo do you have an insemination vid we can watch....

I mean feel free to post it POST BB so we have some new material to work with - like photoshop etc :)

Catch you all in a few days. Will be away camping and have no reception... Which is both good and bad. Need to get over the internet (and Jessy) addiction anyway.

Take care all! Hope things go well for you @mutleyp
Have fun... I was thinking of going camping this week too - maybe to The Beat or The Whickam .... or I could be lazy and go camping on grindr or Tinder (Gable Tosspot, I mean Tostee is out on bail & I bet he's bats for both teams now :) )

Oh wow congrats...

Some celeb's have sex tapes out thar...sooooo do you have an insemination vid we can watch....

I mean feel free to post it POST BB so we have some new material to work with - like photoshop etc :)

It's just me, the gardener and a turkey baster.

Obviously I wouldn't let anyone who has to wear gloves for a living touch me, so he had to deposit in the baster.

I stood over him and supervised, whispering disgusting things in his ear like "Snowballing" and "Centrelink".

It's just me, the gardener and a turkey baster.

Obviously I wouldn't let anyone who has to wear gloves for a living touch me, so he had to deposit in the baster.

I stood over him and supervised, whispering disgusting things in his ear like "Snowballing" and "Centrelink".
Aw Mur Gawd, what is wrong with you - a gardener & you wont let him touch you ????? wtf do you have a gardener for ??? washing the flowers or whatever they do ??

Thank you everyone for your kind wishes, there has been a hiccup in my mums treatment, we waiting to find out what, when and how, but its not what we wanted to hear at this stage, thank you for all of your that took time to send your strength and well wishes, shows what a great bunch of people you are, it means more than you know xoxo

Sorry I missed this, but wanted to say, from a stranger, I'm thinking of you. Take care...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back