Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

Ooh I love Korean beauty and I am so in awe of the plastic surgery there. The truly do not mess about.
I was telling my friend at work how I always have black circles under my eyes, she told me I should go to Korea (she is Korean) to get them removed haha. I didn’t even know that could be a thing!

I was telling my friend at work how I always have black circles under my eyes, she told me I should go to Korea (she is Korean) to get them removed haha. I didn’t even know that could be a thing!

Haha oh yeah they are amazing. Maybe there is a Korean product you can use but im not sure, they use interesting things like snail slime and starfish essence. And all East Asian beauty products are all about lightening and whitening so they would for sure have something. But hmm yes let’s go to Korea together? 😅

But technically you could get them treated here. Tear trough filler can treat the the lines, but if it’s just the dark circle and not a shadow then maybe PRP. Another question for muttz though because I’ve heard it’s a waste of money.

Ooh I love Korean beauty and I am so in awe of the plastic surgery there. The truly do not mess about.
Turkey is where everyone is going now days, teeth, hair transplants and rhinoplasty from what I’m seeing/hearing from my clients. But personally, depending on what I’m getting done, I’d goto South Korea, they very a head, but slow to triple down here due to TGA guidelines.

I'm a guy with a bathroom full of Korean beauty products.

The eye cream I use is COSRX - Advanced Snail Peptide Eye Cream. I think it works for me, but I say it's a combination of everything in my skincare routine. I have used some that didn't seem to work. It's often trial and error with these things.

Although the thing that really helped me with bags under my eyes was just getting fit and exercising regularly. That was before I started a skincare routine beyond moisturising. It was definitely once I started to run. I was still having bad sleeping patterns, drinking too often etc. Yet once I started running, my entire face and skin just got better. More than just some more time outside and losing some weight.

Within a few months of starting to run, I was go to things with friends and people were shocked to see me. Telling me how good I was looking. I literally saw the looks of surprise on their faces.

I'm a guy with a bathroom full of Korean beauty products.

The eye cream I use is COSRX - Advanced Snail Peptide Eye Cream. I think it works for me, but I say it's a combination of everything in my skincare routine. I have used some that didn't seem to work. It's often trial and error with these things.

Although the thing that really helped me with bags under my eyes was just getting fit and exercising regularly. That was before I started a skincare routine beyond moisturising. It was definitely once I started to run. I was still having bad sleeping patterns, drinking too often etc. Yet once I started running, my entire face and skin just got better. More than just some more time outside and losing some weight.

Within a few months of starting to run, I was go to things with friends and people were shocked to see me. Telling me how good I was looking. I literally saw the looks of surprise on their faces.
Oh no. Isn't there a pill I can take?

Want me to explain the wild ride of it? I find what I did interesting because I never went crazy. I still could do more, but it's made the middle and onto later part of my 30s feel like I am reverse aging. Just from going from unfit to the fittest I've been. Even though super fit people would think me unfit.

Want me to explain the wild ride of it? I find what I did interesting because I never went crazy. I still could do more, but it's made the middle and onto later part of my 30s feel like I am reverse aging. Just from going from unfit to the fittest I've been. Even though super fit people would think me unfit.
I suffer from chronic pain, so it's easy for me to cripple myself even by moderately exerting myself. When I tried to build strength by doing "gentle stretches for seniors" on Youtube, I managed to tear a rotator cuff which took six months to recover. I'm a complete mess. For better skin I think improving my diet would be a better approach.

I visited Angkor Wat and a bunch of the other temples on Monday morning. My ticket was good for two days but I was too buggered to go again yesterday.

Turkey is where everyone is going now days, teeth, hair transplants and rhinoplasty from what I’m seeing/hearing from my clients. But personally, depending on what I’m getting done, I’d goto South Korea, they very a head, but slow to triple down here due to TGA guidelines.

Oh very interesting. I would say none of this is a reality for me any time soon so I will keep fantasising.

Lol so funny. Reminds me of when my friend slimmed right down and when asked how she did it her answer was competing in triathlons regularly and even a half iron woman. No.

Incidentally, women especially run the risk of looking older than they are if they lose too much weight from their face.

I suffer from chronic pain, so it's easy for me to cripple myself even by moderately exerting myself. When I tried to build strength by doing "gentle stretches for seniors" on Youtube, I managed to tear a rotator cuff which took six months to recover. I'm a complete mess. For better skin I think improving my diet would be a better approach.

I visited Angkor Wat and a bunch of the other temples on Monday morning. My ticket was good for two days but I was too buggered to go again yesterday.

Oh yeah that makes it difficult. I would say diet is definitely of more importance in every aspect. I am also of the belief that genetics will always trump lifestyle, but I don’t know if this is totally true. It sounds like me making an excuse but I’m not sure.

Similar for me. There was an incident a few years ago and since then I'm limited in what I can do physically...I rely on diet and the little I can do.

The girlfriend booked me in the other day to get LED light therapy on my skin. It's the sort of thing that tingles my skeptic sensors, but it actually seems to have done it some good. My skin has been nicer in the days since. I might book in an appointment again.

It's utterly exhausting visiting the temples around Siem Reap. We were buggered doing it. We'd get back to the hotel and wouldn't even bother having dinner. A couple of cocktails and whatever bar snack food there was. Then go back to our rooms and collapse. After a few days we then cancelled our plans to spend a day at the hotel in the pool and couple massages.

spend a day at the hotel in the pool and couple massages
I have a pool at my apartment. Could use a massage though! Was my calves and knees that felt it after my morning out. All the stairs and climbing over the big blocks strewn about at some of the sites.

They were offering six month passes for US$200 during Covid. Can't afford to splash out on that though, even if it was still available. It's a shame that you need a ticket to enter the entire zone (not just the sites/temples themselves), because it's so lush and beautiful and only a 20 minute bike ride away... would be a lovely place to get some exercise a few times a week.

I have a pool at my apartment. Could use a massage though! Was my calves and knees that felt it after my morning out. All the stairs and climbing over the big blocks strewn about at some of the sites.

I remember there being lots of old tourists who seemingly had no issue going up all the steep stairs. Or essentially giant ladders. Being all, "WTF I can barely do this."

I remember there being lots of old tourists who seemingly had no issue going up all the steep stairs. Or essentially giant ladders. Being all, "WTF I can barely do this."
The tall ones at the central tower at Angkor Wat are currently closed. Anyway I have been up there before. Tourism has barely begun since the borders reopened, plus it's also the start of the rainy season, so it's a great time to go with hardly anyone around.

Rainy season is overhyped anyway, as you rarely get an entire rainy day. Usually just showers or a thunderstorm in the mid-late afternoon or evening. I feel like Cambodia does itself a disservice with December-February being hyped as the tourist season (being the coolest and driest season), but as long as you can deal with some heat and humidity you can really come any time of the year. Carry a lightweight 50c poncho if you're worried about getting wet. So much better without massive hordes.

It must be fascinating to live in an area that relies so heavily on international tourism and to have seen the rapid decline in the past two years. As amazing as it is that people are able to travel and holiday again and of course see their loved ones, I’m particularly pleased for the developing countries where so many residents livelihoods depend on tourists.

Back