Skip to main content

General O/T Chit Chat Thead II

I got bitten at work today. Perks of being a disability support worker 🤣 thankfully it didn’t break the skin, still a fun day on the job!
Ouch!
My friend looks after a 13 year old Autistic boy, and for a 13 year old he's very strong. He hit out at her a week ago and severely bruised her upper arm. As she said not his fault. It happens. It's a shame.

Yeah there’s a fair bir of paperwork. But as @February ’s friend said - it happens. I work with high needs challenging behaviour clients.
I remember in my interview I was asked how I felt about being hit, kicked, spat on, pinched etc. It’s part of the job and that was my answer.

I don’t want to paint it in too harsh a light, I legitimately love my job. When they lash out it’s undoubtedly due to some underlying issue that they’re not able to communicate. I work hard to develop a rapport so that I understand and am able to meet their needs as best as humanly possible.

Yeah there’s a fair bir of paperwork. But as @February ’s friend said - it happens. I work with high needs challenging behaviour clients.
I remember in my interview I was asked how I felt about being hit, kicked, spat on, pinched etc. It’s part of the job and that was my answer.

I don’t want to paint it in too harsh a light, I legitimately love my job. When they lash out it’s undoubtedly due to some underlying issue that they’re not able to communicate. I work hard to develop a rapport so that I understand and am able to meet their needs as best as humanly possible.
I admire you people greatly. You do an amazing job ❤

I got bitten at work today. Perks of being a disability support worker 🤣 thankfully it didn’t break the skin, still a fun day on the job!

Oh no! I was initially picturing this with you as a teacher and it did take me back to my days in early childhood, another industry where biting might be expected.

Hope you are ok!

Oh no! I was initially picturing this with you as a teacher and it did take me back to my days in early childhood, another industry where biting might be expected.

Hope you are ok!
Haha yeah I’m all good, really!

I gave up teaching… too much admin and extra pressure on teachers. Working as a Disability Support Worker now and absolutely love it!

Haha yeah I’m all good, really!

I gave up teaching… too much admin and extra pressure on teachers. Working as a Disability Support Worker now and absolutely love it!

Yeah teaching kind of sucks, but so much respect for this who do it. And good on you for finding a new rewarding career and taking things like being bitten in your stride!

I’m trying to get Mike to come back but so far he is too cool for this floundering thread. Anyway, he has some news that I think BBB is the perfect place to share.

I’m trying to get Mike to come back but so far he is too cool for this floundering thread. Anyway, he has some news that I think BBB is the perfect place to share.
Wow. Too cool for us hey: maybe we don’t want you back anyway @Miiiiike … lol … nah come back mate.
I’m in Melbourne this weekend and just got back from 4th Guy Sebastian concert. If that doesn’t make me cool then I don’t know what does 😂

Back