Skip to main content

Game of Thrones *may include spoilers*

How come no one speaks about The Mountain?

It's all Jon Snow talk, yes yes we all know he's coming back. The show kills off big name characters, but he is the MAIN star, he will not die.

But The Mountain, what has he become now? He's alive, or at least he is up and moving, but what will be different about him?

I had goosebumps in the Sansa/Theon/Brienne/Pod scene - loved them as a squad. It's nice to see good things happen to Sansa for once.

I think we will be waiting a few episodes for Jon Snow's fate - I personally hope Wun Wun is involved :wink:

Can't wait for next week. Hopefully we get to see Bran and Hodor!

That was so lame. It was like a few minutes per character to get everyone updated. It was just so nothing.

Davos - Does nothing
Dany - Does nothing
Tyrion - Walks around......doing nothing
Dario & Jorah - Ride around.......doing nothing
Mel - Looks old........but does nothing
Ramsay - Looks at a corpse........both of them do nothing

Only in Sansa and Dorne's storyline does something happen.

Davos - protecting the body of Rob Stark, probably a bastard of house Targarian, who can be raised by the red Woman. Recruits the wildlings.

Dany - shows she has the presence to get out of tough situations and influence people, a bit

Tyrion - illustrates the vibe, that the God of Light is getting strong, and is being tied to house Targarian, and is probably a bastard of HT too.

Dario and Jorah - nuthin

Mel - shows the power of the God of Light, and is on the scene to raise Jon.

Ramsey - is losing it all - his dad's respect, his wife, the Stark in Winterfell and the heir of the Iron Islands.

Samsa and Theon - hook up with Brienne and Pod for a sweet alliance.

Arya - learning to fight blind.

Dorne - looks like it may actually pay off this season.

I thought it was a great set up. I totally believe the theory that Jon, Tyrion and Dany, as the last remaining Targarians, will ride the dragons in to re-take the throne eventually. After all the folly and futility of the whole game is highlighted by the return of the white walkers.

Davos - protecting the body of Rob Stark, probably a bastard of house Targarian, who can be raised by the red Woman. Recruits the wildlings.

Dany - shows she has the presence to get out of tough situations and influence people, a bit

Tyrion - illustrates the vibe, that the God of Light is getting strong, and is being tied to house Targarian, and is probably a bastard of HT too.

Dario and Jorah - nuthin

Mel - shows the power of the God of Light, and is on the scene to raise Jon.

Ramsey - is losing it all - his dad's respect, his wife, the Stark in Winterfell and the heir of the Iron Islands.

Samsa and Theon - hook up with Brienne and Pod for a sweet alliance.

Arya - learning to fight blind.

Dorne - looks like it may actually pay off this season.

I thought it was a great set up. I totally believe the theory that Jon, Tyrion and Dany, as the last remaining Targarians, will ride the dragons in to re-take the throne eventually. After all the folly and futility of the whole game is highlighted by the return of the white walkers.

But its just 50 straight minutes of updating the audience. Shouldn't a season opener to be exciting and set a tone? Also, it was mostly stuff the audience already knew. Jon Snow, not Robb Stark.

I would not get Tyrion being a Targaryen. His whole storyline revolved around the fact that he was Tywin's true son and heir. He was the one who could lead House Lannister into the era that Tywin always wanted. But he could never except that fact simply because of his physical limitations and the loss of his wife. Its takes the sting out of that story if he is Aerys son.

But its just 50 straight minutes of updating the audience. Shouldn't a season opener to be exciting and set a tone? Also, it was mostly stuff the audience already knew. Jon Snow, not Robb Stark.

I would not get Tyrion being a Targaryen. His whole storyline revolved around the fact that he was Tywin's true son and heir. He was the one who could lead House Lannister into the era that Tywin always wanted. But he could never except that fact simply because of his physical limitations and the loss of his wife. Its takes the sting out of that story if he is Aerys son.
Yeah, Jon Snow.

I think with Tyrion being Tywin's son, and he is hated by his father really paints Tyson as a bum bag, but I don't think Tywin was just a pure prick - like, Jaime at first seems like an incestuous child pusher, but one conversation in a spa shows he has layers, like Shrek. There are a few hints that he is a Targarian, but the one that convinced me was the way that red priestess stared at him - it is a song of ice and fire, and the white walkers are the ice, and Targarians are the fire. Jon, Dany and Tyrion are arguably the main characters of the story, and I can see it being them at the end. I can't see Tyrian ever being pro house Lannister - now the ships are gone, maybe an alliance with Dorne, they hate the Lannisters and have boats.

It was interesting to note that Roose Bolton thought a fight with the Lannisters was coming.

Grr Martin is always setting up, though. Zombies are coming. Dragons are coming. He loves the set up. I kind of trust there will be a payoff.

Anyway.

Yeah, Jon Snow.

I think with Tyrion being Tywin's son, and he is hated by his father really paints Tyson as a bum bag, but I don't think Tywin was just a pure prick - like, Jaime at first seems like an incestuous child pusher, but one conversation in a spa shows he has layers, like Shrek. There are a few hints that he is a Targarian, but the one that convinced me was the way that red priestess stared at him - it is a song of ice and fire, and the white walkers are the ice, and Targarians are the fire. Jon, Dany and Tyrion are arguably the main characters of the story, and I can see it being them at the end. I can't see Tyrian ever being pro house Lannister - now the ships are gone, maybe an alliance with Dorne, they hate the Lannisters and have boats.

It was interesting to note that Roose Bolton thought a fight with the Lannisters was coming.

Grr Martin is always setting up, though. Zombies are coming. Dragons are coming. He loves the set up. I kind of trust there will be a payoff.

Anyway.

I feel like the song of ice and fire simply refers to Jon Snow and his parents. Not to say Tyrion won't be a dragon rider, but the evidence is not as compelling as other book theories. Tyrion does need to be anyone else's child for Tywin to hate him. He caused the death of his wife and brought mockery upon the family, the one thing he hates more than anything.

Tyrion, Jon and Dany are 3 of the 4 most likely Dragon-riders.

When I say House Lannister, I mean Tyrion, not the other Lannisters. He has put steps in place to gain Casterly Rock for himself (in the book). It is what he has always wanted. That and his fathers acceptance (which Casterly Rock represents as his fathers heir).

I feel like the song of ice and fire simply refers to Jon Snow and his parents. Not to say Tyrion won't be a dragon rider, but the evidence is not as compelling as other book theories. Tyrion does need to be anyone else's child for Tywin to hate him. He caused the death of his wife and brought mockery upon the family, the one thing he hates more than anything.

Tyrion, Jon and Dany are 3 of the 4 most likely Dragon-riders.

When I say House Lannister, I mean Tyrion, not the other Lannisters. He has put steps in place to gain Casterly Rock for himself (in the book). It is what he has always wanted. That and his fathers acceptance (which Casterly Rock represents as his fathers heir).
Cool. I'm halfway through book 2 at the moment.

Loved, loved, loved this episode!

Hodor! Can't wait for this back story! Great to see Bran and co back

Wun Wun!

Nice to see Pyke back in the theme song! The Greyjoys are back!

Ramsay!

Loved Sansa and Brienne talking about Ayra

Tyrion and the Dragons!

And Jon Snow is ALIVE!!!!!

Wun Wun!

Ramsay!

Tyrion and the Dragons!

I don't think he is (technically) the direwolf didn't react at all until just when his eyes opened. I think maybe Bran warged in. The Hodor story could be very interesting, obviously connected to Lyanna or Bran wouldn't have seen it.
Was going to go spoiler, but it's aired.

I don't think he is (technically) the direwolf didn't react at all until just when his eyes opened. I think maybe Bran warged in. The Hodor story could be very interesting, obviously connected to Lyanna or Bran wouldn't have seen it.
Was going to go spoiler, but it's aired.

Hmmmm, not sure, I think Bran's warging next episode will be the Tower of Joy plot - R+L=J. The preview for the next episode seems it is heading that way. I think he is
alive, at least I hope he is. Kitt has posted stuff online apologizing for lying about leaving the show since the episode aired

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/01/game-thrones-jon-snow-harington-alive

Hmmmm, not sure, I think Bran's warging next episode will be the Tower of Joy plot - R+L=J. The preview for the next episode seems it is heading that way. I think he is
alive, at least I hope he is. Kitt has posted stuff online apologizing for lying about leaving the show since the episode aired

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/01/game-thrones-jon-snow-harington-alive
Perhaps, haven't watched the preview for the next one.
I've never watched the show as being linear. It gives us what we need when it relevant.
I just don't see that Messilandra with her doubts, and lack of "glamour" about the event, brought him back.

I love Tyrion!

Me too! I actually had a phobia of dwarfs before I watched GoT. Like a serious phobia.. like a Shane Warne on IACGMOOH phobia. I absolutely adore him and it's really helped with my phobia. True story. I always sing the Peter Dinklage song when the intro comes on. <3

Wun Wun!

Ramsay!

Tyrion and the Dragons!

OMFG RIGHT???

I KNEW it.. yay Jon Snerrrrr is alive. But how will he be? I have a feeling that Mountain will change or something will happen to him after being brought alive. He looks dead still.. if you know what I mean? I wonder if something will happen to Jon down the track after being brought back from the dead? Oh I don't know.. I'm just happy he is back... for now.

God dammit Ramsey Bolton. Urgh he is so hideous. So evil. That was a god awful scene to watch. Truly horrific.

Back