Skip to main content

Format and production thoughts

This is what i'd do with the format next year. I'd definitely like it to go back to the original format, but being realistic it won’t happen, so I whipped up this:

Similar to @It’s Not
I’d make the show live.
Change the format to winner of Monday Night Live gets to nominate three housemates, the public will vote to save, the remaining two will be voted out by hm’s.
I’d include a banking system just like the final year of BBUK ‘Big Coins’, I found this very fun and a good twist.
Also include a ‘have-not’, interesting twist, don’t fully watch US but kind of get the jist.
Get rid of Krugs and get Julia Zemiro to host, I’d get Joel Creasy as a side presenter to do Monday Night Live and an adult show. Mike Goldman would narrate.
Startegy and general convo split across daily shows

Monday:
7:30-8:15: Daily Show
Weekly house task commences.
The ‘have-not’ will be revealed, will ‘eat slop’ and sleep alone for the rest of the week.
8:15-9:00: Monday Night Live
Basically FNL

Tuesday:
7:30-8:30: Daily Show
HOH will sleep in the rewards room with another hm of there choice.
‘The cash splash’ – a weekly quiz based on events that occurred in the past week which can earn the hm’s individual big coins.
Nomination ceremony – HOH will nominate three hm’s. Vote will open for the public to save.

Wednesday:
Auction – hm’s can use individual big coin’s to purchase luxuries and game advantages.

Sunday:
7:00 – 8:30: Live Eviction
Recap of last few days
Housemate who got the most votes to save revealed
ends with the housemates voting to evict from the remaining two
Evicted housemate interview with Julia in front of studio audience
As a prize hm’s would get to convert whatever money they ended with in their ‘big coin’ balance into actual real money and keep it.
Vote opens for who will be the ‘have-not’ for the remainder of the week.

10:00-10:30: BB: Too Hot for TV
More mature convo, nudity but blurred

IMO, this show NEEDS a veto component. I won't budge on it.

The fact that nominees don't have the chance to save themselves or game further is only a disservice to the show. The show would thrive with the chance for underdogs or frequent nominees to save themselves and fight back. Instead, we get predictable nominations and evictions. Adding a veto would be a welcome change for the 2nd series to grow stronger.

Yes, and in this case with there being three nominees I think the Veto winner should probably choose the replacemenet as well.

This is what i'd do with the format next year. I'd definitely like it to go back to the original format, but being realistic it won’t happen, so I whipped up this:

Similar to @It’s Not
I’d make the show live.
Change the format to winner of Monday Night Live gets to nominate three housemates, the public will vote to save, the remaining two will be voted out by hm’s.
I’d include a banking system just like the final year of BBUK ‘Big Coins’, I found this very fun and a good twist.
Also include a ‘have-not’, interesting twist, don’t fully watch US but kind of get the jist.
Get rid of Krugs and get Julia Zemiro to host, I’d get Joel Creasy as a side presenter to do Monday Night Live and an adult show. Mike Goldman would narrate.
Startegy and general convo split across daily shows

Monday:
7:30-8:15: Daily Show
Weekly house task commences.
The ‘have-not’ will be revealed, will ‘eat slop’ and sleep alone for the rest of the week.
8:15-9:00: Monday Night Live
Basically FNL

Tuesday:
HOH will sleep in the rewards room with another hm of there choice.
‘The cash splash’ – a weekly quiz based on events that occurred in the past week which can earn the hm’s individual big coins.
Nomination ceremony – HOH will nominate three hm’s. Vote will open for the public to save.

Wednesday:
Auction – hm’s can use individual big coin’s to purchase luxuries and game advantages.

Sunday:
7:00 – 8:30: Live Eviction
Recap of last few days
Housemate who got the most votes to save revealed
ends with the housemates voting to evict from the remaining two
Evicted housemate interview with Julia in front of studio audience
As a prize hm’s would get to convert whatever money they ended with in their ‘big coin’ balance into actual real money and keep it.
Vote opens for who will be the ‘have-not’ for the remainder of the week.

10:00-10:30: BB: Too Hot for TV
More mature convo, nudity but blurred

That sounds really good. I would watch that. Not sure I would watch another year of this exact type of format.

TV guide description for episode airing Sunday July 5th

"They've been cut off from the outside world for 28 days, but that's all about to change. Big Brother is placed in lockdown and the game is suspended as the escalating coronavirus pandemic hits home."

TV guide description for episode airing Sunday July 5th

"They've been cut off from the outside world for 28 days, but that's all about to change. Big Brother is placed in lockdown and the game is suspended as the escalating coronavirus pandemic hits home."
Interesting. So we were a week off from when we thought this might air. I’m keen to see how they go about it.

Reactions: kxk
I think we might get one this week too. Perhaps Angela gets evicted six times.

Tuesday's TV guide description says "They've made it to the top 10, but there are plenty of shocks ahead as the game heats up" so if this week were to have a non elimination ep it would be Tuesday. But then if the COVID episode is a non elimination ep then that would mean we'll have 2 episodes in a row with no eviction taking place should this be the case.

But then if the COVID episode is a non elimination ep then that would mean we'll have 2 episodes in a row with no eviction taking place should this be the case.
They need to have evictions on Sun and Mon to have 10 remaining, so that only leaves Tuesday for a non-elimination "twist".

They need to have evictions on Sun and Mon to have 10 remaining, so that only leaves Tuesday for a non-elimination "twist".

And then the COVID episode will most likely not have an eviction, so then that would mean Tuesdays and next Sundays episode both potentially may be eviction less. I remember reading somewhere that there was 10 housemates left when they were told of corona however I may be wrong (someone please correct me should you wish) so I would safely guess Tuesday will not have an elimination. Will be strange to get 2 episodes of 4 days worth of content all up with potentially no evictions.

It’s possible. With the covid situation ramping up during the filming of these episodes, it’s likely they purposely chose not to evict somebody at the time - only to have them hold another forced non-eviction a couple days later when production was temporarily shutdown.

Hannah confirmed on the Ben,Rob and Robbo show that they were informed of the Coronavirus whilst she was in there. This may suggest why it was reported there were 10 housemates remaining when the coronavirus stuff happened? Just some confusion regarding whether or not it was the lockdown scenario or if the 2 events were even seperate in occurring.

From Tim's stories at the time of filiming it looks like they were informed of it about 3 days before the lockdown, so that works out - even though they've missed the initial announcement. If it's included on Sunday hopefully they do it as a flash back rather than try and edit Hannah out of it.

Last edited:
I read they were informed re worldwide covid spread off camera. Sweet Jesus. Choices.

The being told they're locking down after crew member possible contact is all we get.

Back