Skip to main content

Format and production thoughts

They have mentioned they have days off. As in 'a day off'. I think in every episode cycle there is one of these.

Why are people so sure it is 24 episodes in total? I know there was NZ blocking out that amount for their schedule, but I was under the impression it was 21 eps. Do guides show there are 24? It is terribly hard to envisage how this bunch will make 'compelling' TV for a further couple of eps, anyway.

Wouldn't I be great if they had a return battle and someone, almost anyone, who won their way back went on to win the whole damn thing! Even the arrival of the returnees would cause some enjoyable sulking from the have-it-in-the bag crew.

Promos beginning to air for Plate of Origin. I’d assume airing in about a month and taking bb’s slot?

so when the housemates talk to BB they are hearing a producers normal voice?? then they use the HAL9000 voice in post production to repeat exactly what the producer originally said?

thats kinda stupid.

any prodcer could use that voice changer and just speak as big brother. simple
Yeah I wouldn't even mind being able to tell that it's a different voice at different times just using a voice changer. I like in bbuk how they have men and women to voice big brother and its not a problem but I wish Australia could do the same but with a voice changer to add a tiny bit of mystery about who they're being watched by.

Big Brother is going down to only 2 eps from next week as the Murder in the Outback three part documentary is taking it’s Sunday slot. So with that in mind, it looks like this season is 20 episodes long not 24 as first thought.

Big Brother is going down to only 2 eps from next week as the Murder in the Outback three part documentary is taking it’s Sunday slot. So with that in mind, it looks like this season is 20 episodes long not 24 as first thought.
What do you see on Wed 15th July 7-30PM ? Still showing TBA here.

The blog site that shall not be named was right. Dammit. Credit where credit's due though.

Yeah I wouldn't even mind being able to tell that it's a different voice at different times just using a voice changer. I like in bbuk how they have men and women to voice big brother and its not a problem but I wish Australia could do the same but with a voice changer to add a tiny bit of mystery about who they're being watched by.
Big Brother has done this before, remember in 2007, they used a female voice at different times throughout the season and also in 2006 as well I think.

It will be interesting to see how the voting system works once we get down to the last few housemates to be evicted before the finale.

so when the housemates talk to BB they are hearing a producers normal voice?? then they use the HAL9000 voice in post production to repeat exactly what the producer originally said?

thats kinda stupid.
Yes. It’s been confirmed that two male and one female producer spoke to the HMs whilst in the house this year. Just regular voices, and in most cases their actual wording was completely different to the phrases we hear in the episodes.

The first time these HMs ever heard the digitised BB voice we hear onscreen was the same time we did.

Serious question that just came to mind... if the borders are still closed in a couple weeks, particularly NSW/VIC, or if VIC goes into a hard lockdown as rumoured it might... what will the Melbourne-based HMs do for the live finale? Especially if they are actually one of the final three? Will they not attend in person? O_O

Back