Skip to main content

Format and production thoughts

Serious question that just came to mind... if the borders are still closed in a couple weeks, particularly NSW/VIC, or if VIC goes into a hard lockdown as rumoured it might... what will the Melbourne-based HMs do for the live finale? Especially if they are actually one of the final three? Will they not attend in person? O_O

Probably be beamed in via satellite.

How to make an already boring season even more boring? Announce the winner to them via Zoom over pixelation and a delay whilst they sit alone in their bedroom wearing headphones.

Oh the anticlimax! 😂

They did that on the latest season of survivor in America I think.

Do we really have a clue where any of the housemates are from other than Matt. It's never mentioned on the show itself.

Do we really have a clue where any of the housemates are from other than Matt. It's never mentioned on the show itself.
From Wikipedia:
Screen-Shot-2020-07-07-at-12-58-02-am.png

Returning to thoughts about the production, the problem is if the intent is for them to revert to the US/CAN format then they need to do it properly, not half-assed. If they want the show to be strategic moving forward then ensure the HMs are aware of how the game should be played and go hard with it. Our HMs really have no clue what “playing the game” actually means, especially when you compare them to the HGs from something like BBUS.

In regards to editing, the show desperately needs to find a balance between game content and social content. At the moment it is completely off and inconsistent. Sure there’s a structure to each episode, but even that has become far too repetitive.

You would think Endemol would be a little more on top of making all this a priority across the entire franchise. I would be more than happy for a BBCAN style (both gameplay and edit) to be implemented here. It seems to have the best elements of BBUS with a fresher feel as well as things that a BBAU audience would be familiar with, all without losing the integrity of the strategic game.

Sadly I just can’t see it happening. At least not with Amelia in charge. But happy to be surprised... who knows what the plan might be for next season.

It seems there's a lot we are not seeing due to 7's obsession with being 'family friendly'.

It seems there's a lot we are not seeing due to 7's obsession with being 'family friendly'.

I wonder what kind of Doritos they were?

Good on Daniel for showing such a human side to himself.

This also screams favouritism to me and like they are trying to make Daniel appear better to the public.

Serious question that just came to mind... if the borders are still closed in a couple weeks, particularly NSW/VIC, or if VIC goes into a hard lockdown as rumoured it might... what will the Melbourne-based HMs do for the live finale? Especially if they are actually one of the final three? Will they not attend in person? O_O
My assumption is they would be on Zoom or something. The final of the US Survivor was filmed in Probst’s garage and video connected everyone else lol.

Hmm
They really want creepy Dan to win, why?
Is it in the lizards contract to get to the final
Whatever this is we are sometimes watching, it is not bb
I rarely get beyond the 1st 30 mins, sometimes back for eviction bit

So, only people I can sort of like = chad & Sophie
Why?
They look nice, they act nice, they play and they are/seem quite gullible and uncomplicated
Kind of crappy conclusion, is what crappy bb demands
They to me, just seem like relief from watching 7 try to manipulate Dan/Matt final

From Wikipedia:
Screen-Shot-2020-07-07-at-12-58-02-am.png

So we'd only miss out on seeing Laure, Zoe, Sarah and Daniel. obviously Daniel is most likely a finalist so it would be disappointing to not have him present especially for the winner announcement. As much as I like Sarah tho, her Zoe and Laura aren't really huge losses to the reunion show.

Back