Skip to main content

Format and production thoughts

The problem there is that shortening the episodes AND switching to 4 nights doesn't change the amount of viewing minutes by any large number. So you'll still probably see the same stuff at the same pace.

Honestly, I fear they will no longer want a 100 day series, since they've proven they can "get in in the can" at an accellerated pace from midway through the current season.

But, I guess there is a possibility to film for 30 days but broadcast for 90 to 100.

According to the audition notice the next season will film for 2.5-3 months so it will be at least a month longer than this year, unless things change.

So it's definitely going to be "live" live.
Yeah but lines will be CLOSED when it begins on the East coast, but I DON'T see any specific mention of that on FB or Twitter. Methinks some people might think they still can after 7:30pm AEST

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200722-141622_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200722-141622_Samsung Internet.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Another screw up by 7 Pretty much all the comments under that post are from people saying that it's not allowing them to vote.

Weird, because I was able to get through and vote many times last night.
If they're smart, they will be testing the email address with a simple SMTP HELO to check the email address exists.

If they're smart, they will be testing the email address with a simple SMTP HELO to check the email address exists.
I don't understand why there is no email verification involved. That's piss poor. And why is wasn't just done inside the 7plus website which you already have to be logged into? They have left it wide open to abuse. Maybe they will get 1.5 BILLION votes like BB Brazil.

You can't vote with a fake email address. Tried doing that last night and it wouldn't let me through to vote. They verify your email address before letting you proceed to voting.

From The 7Plus site: https://7plus.com.au/big-brother-live-voting

"When does the vote close?
The vote closes during the Big Brother episode on Wednesday 22nd July (AEST)"

Hmmm... say one thing, do another. ? O_O

Or are they just playing fair since WA won't know WHEN it closes (which implies, neither does SEVEN).

EDIT: also,

"I selected the wrong housemate, can I vote again?
No. Only the first vote will be counted for each person."

I don't understand why there is no email verification involved. That's piss poor. And why is wasn't just done inside the 7plus website which you already have to be logged into? They have left it wide open to abuse. Maybe they will get 1.5 BILLION votes like BB Brazil.
My opinion is they don't want Channel 7's user data polluted with fake accounts.

Changes are required for next season.
IMO they should be:
* BB himself, is far more authoritative, intrusive, and picky. Not a friend to the housemates. Violations of rules should be punished harshly. (They didn’t really even bother focusing much on that this season. I initially thought he was going to be quite harsh in the first episode when he kept repeating to Angela, “It’s MY house” over and over again. It was very enjoyable.)

* Money should be taken from the prizemoney for violations of rules.
* Money should be taken from the weekly food budget for violations of rules.
* Evictions shouldn't be daily. Every second day. (This may already be changing next year because the show rated well)
* Evictions should be live. (This is important because it is far more interesting and stressful for the housemates.)
* Immediate live post eviction interview needs to be brought back.
* Get rid of Sonia. She is mind numbingly boring, cannot improvise. Totally generic in all aspects.

You can't vote with a fake email address. Tried doing that last night and it wouldn't let me through to vote. They verify your email address before letting you proceed to voting.
I have used 3 browsers on 3 devices with fake emails on all and managed to vote no issues?

Back