Skip to main content

Does Priya know how to have fun?

She is NOT a natural comedian

She is what is known in the industry as a " hack" - someone that steals/repeats jokes from a fellow comedian

In september i was asked to list where the majority of her yotube act was sourced from, as proof

I listed the comedians/comediennes that had said the jokes priya was saying many moons prior to her

Club dates, comedy specials, roasts, international festivals

She is NOT original
Oh but it's her personal warmth and sparkling delivery that makes her so compelling. :thumbsup:

Part of me agrees with you, but just like posting in a forum, or any place where your audience doesn't change, repeating jokes isn't funny.
That's fair enough but where have you heard the repetitive jokes? In the house? Nope since we've only heard her tell them once or twice. Twice is a stretch because Priya never has fun apparently.

On the promo - blame Ch 9. She didn't even want to do that damn promo and from what I heard neither did a few others.

I don't want to hear Eddie Murphy and Seinfeld tell the same jokes again and again but they do because they've had positive feedback about it. If I was an aspiring comic and you told me - as did an audience - that you loved one of my jokes, you can bet your ass I'd repeat it. At least I know I'd get one laugh as I struggled.

Part of me agrees with you, but just like posting in a forum, or any place where your audience doesn't change, repeating jokes isn't funny.

I don't know about that. The Priya fans have been repeating the "Prisus is our divine saviour" joke over and over again, and it's still funny.

Of course, whether you're laughing WITH them or AT them is another story...

That's fair enough but where have you heard the repetitive jokes? In the house? Nope since we've only heard her tell them once or twice. Twice is a stretch because Priya never has fun apparently.

On the promo - blame Ch 9. She didn't even want to do that damn promo and from what I heard neither did a few others.

I don't want to hear Eddie Murphy and Seinfeld tell the same jokes again and again but they do because they've had positive feedback about it. If I was an aspiring comic and you told me - as did an audience - that you loved one of my jokes, you can bet your ass I'd repeat it. At least I know I'd get one laugh as I struggled.

It's about knowing you're audience.

A catchphrase is very different to a joke.

It's about knowing you're audience.

A catchphrase is very different to a joke.
The point is it WAS a joke when she said it in her comedy skit well before BB was even a thought. Ch 9 took it and made it her catchphrase. Blame that on them. It's part of her comedy routine or whatever you call it when you're an amateur. Same as I won't bag Lawson for his magic tricks even though some of them he's done repeatedly in the house and you can find in the $20 "I Know Magic" box at KMart, I'm not going to bag her for giving it a go.

The point is it WAS a joke when she said it in her comedy skit well before BB was even a thought. Ch 9 took it and made it her catchphrase. Blame that on them. It's part of her comedy routine or whatever you call it when you're an amateur. Same as I won't bag Lawson for his magic tricks even though some of them he's done repeatedly in the house and you can find in the $20 "I Know Magic" box at KMart, I'm not going to bag her for giving it a go.

Well, that's my point. She used it in her 'act' prior to BB, was used by BB, and I've heard it twice in the house. And we all know how much footage we actually get to see.
A good comedian would not use the same material on the same audience.[DOUBLEPOST=1416819848][/DOUBLEPOST]
I still laugh every time you post tho :writing:[DOUBLEPOST=1416819741][/DOUBLEPOST]:hilarious:

I never think about you at all.

Well, that's my point. She used it in her 'act' prior to BB, was used by BB, and I've heard it twice in the house. And we all know how much footage we actually get to see.
A good comedian would not use the same material on the same audience.
Ok so then please send that message to Eddie Murphy, Seinfeld, Bill Cosby, Richard Pryor RIP, etc. And well, anyone who would be classified a great comedian of our time - of which Priya is most definitely not - and you'll find repeated jokes everywhere. Some of them even STEAL them and repeat them. Hence the numerous docos.

Honestly... are you being serious or no?

I never think about you at all.

Until now
c3ed7b23.gif

A good comedian would not use the same material on the same audience.

Have you ever actually been to a comedian's show? Have you ever followed a comedian?

THEY USE THE SAME JOKES ALL THE BLOODY TIME. For the exact reasons Mrs B said, positive feedback. If you get a laugh, keep using it for more laughs. People often go back again and again to watch the same comedian perform, and they laugh multiple times at the joke.

I'm going to follow @MADONNA and say I'm laughing at your repeated failures.

Last edited:
Have you ever actually been to a comedian's show? Have you ever followed a comedian?

THEY USE THE SAME JOKES ALL THE BLOODY TIME. For the exact reasons Mrs B said, positive feedback. If you get a laugh, keep using it for more laughs. People often go back again and again to watch the same comedian perform, and they laugh multiple times at the joke.

I'm going to follow @MADONNA and say I'm laughing at your repetitious failures.

So. Personal attack time. Nice.

Knowing your audience, for a good comedian, means you adjust your spiel. Stuck in a situation when you know you have the same audience, don't repeat your jokes.

She is NOT a natural comedian

She is what is known in the industry as a " hack" - someone that steals/repeats jokes from a fellow comedian

In september i was asked to list where the majority of her yotube act was sourced from, as proof

I listed the comedians/comediennes that had said the jokes priya was saying many moons prior to her

Club dates, comedy specials, roasts, international festivals

She is NOT original

Yep totally agree.

tuttle is just posting shit because it has access to a POST REPLY button.
I can only assume so. I even expanded on my comment because I was like you realise this is a "thing" right? Amongst the greatest comedians we'll ever see in our lives?

Oh hell... Priya told the same joke in two separate places. Blasphemy. Lawson did the same magic trick IN THE SAME PLACE, blasphemy. These legends ^^^^ told the same joke night after night...if you were lucky enough to see them, show after show to the same audience. And again and again year after year.

Forget about appreciating the fact they had the balls to put themselves out there... let's trash them both from behind here.

I can only assume so. I even expanded on my comment because I was like you realise this is a "thing" right? Amongst the greatest comedians we'll ever see in our lives?

Oh hell... Priya told the same joke in two separate places. Blasphemy. Lawson did the same magic trick IN THE SAME PLACE, blasphemy. These legends ^^^^ told the same joke night after night...if you were lucky enough to see them, show after show to the same audience. And again and again year after year.

Forget about appreciating the fact they had the balls to put themselves out there... let's trash them both from behind here.

I have watch 20 years of footage on Youtube of Joan Rivers peddling out the same material over and over again.

Everyone does it. It's common sense that they would. Jokes evolve along with the comedian.

What's the site again y'all posted last year where you change someone's avatar into a kitten?

I'd be appreciate her cojones for getting up on stage if her jokes were actually funny to begin with...which they're not. :facepalm:

Similar to Jason about his delusional singing abilities somebody needs to tap Prizus on the shoulder and kindly let her know she ain't cut out for the comedy caper. :hilarious:

Back