Skip to main content

Does Priya know how to have fun?

Priya's moustache is rather prominent tonight and the way she wears her hair with it all on one side looks very uncomfortable. I've noticed that the obsession is with hair especially when it's down. Do it in the morning and leave it unless something goes wrong with it.

I know a lot of Indians. I have a colleague at work from India who has learnt to swim since he was in Australia. But for it is not something that people usually learn to do as a child in India.

I also used to date a girl from Kerala and we talked about it quite a bit (I encouraged her to learn). She explained to me that Kerala has fantastic beaches but only the western tourists use them for swimming. Part of the reason she said was that it is taboo. It is considered improper. And men and women swimming together would be particularly shameful.

Wouldn't it depend on where the person was raised IN India? I was more bothered by your blanket statement. The fact you have clarified by personal example, makes some sense. Kerala does have some FAB beaches and Indians I know did swim and swim a lot.. and in family settings. I understand the "modesty" angle for the women and perhaps why some chose not to swim. Maybe it comes down to the individual rather than the collective. BTW Very cool of you to encourage her.

No one has said Priya NEVER entered the pool and it's clear that the issues you speak of, aren't an issue to her. I actually like the black swimsuit she has worn while in the BB House. Even IN the pool though, she doesn't appear to have fun.

Wouldn't it depend on where the person was raised IN India?

Well I did say most, not all. But honestly what I said is true. There would be people probably from well-off families and who are not that traditional who would learn, but they would definitely in the minority. We take it for granted in Australia that swimming is such a natural part of life. But we have a beach culture and public pools everywhere. And it is part of the school curriculum. But not very many countries are like that. I think swimming is more the exception than the norm in most east Asian countries too. At the very least it is not uncommon not to know how to swim, whereas in Australia just about everyone who has grown up here can swim.

She is NOT a natural comedian

She is what is known in the industry as a " hack" - someone that steals/repeats jokes from a fellow comedian

It is something she has done a couple of times for fun. She only started six months ago because the kids in her class encourage her to do it.

Btw I have a good friend who is a professional comedian/actor/writer and his first stand-up (in the nineties) was ripped off word for word from another comedian. He has come a long way since then. Everyone has to start somewhere.

It is something she has done a couple of times for fun. She only started six months ago because the kids in her class encourage her to do it.

Btw I have a good friend who is a professional comedian/actor/writer and his first stand-up (in the nineties) was ripped off word for word from another comedian. He has come a long way since then. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Well said.[DOUBLEPOST=1416824492][/DOUBLEPOST]

Kneel down is so much more appealing

She was pretty fun when Ryan made a joke about her being "Mrs Curry". She brushed it off and had a genuine laugh about it. Love Priya xo

She was pretty fun when Ryan made a joke about her being "Mrs Curry". She brushed it off and had a genuine laugh about it. Love Priya xo

What's with the "brushed it off" stuff when her own "humour" revolves around her being Indian?:meh:

Back