Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Excuse my ignorance, checked back to September posts and of course you all knew about RTD
such brilliant news, got very excited...like, a Christmas surprise
If you can get past the first season (which still has some good moments) Season 2 with Jodie is fantastic. Flux has some epic moments. Hoping for a big pay off with the 2 remaining specials this year.

Looking back, I think the Jodie era has been better overall than the Capaldi era (though the lows have been lower and the companions have been worse).
Flux is a bit disjointed and confusing but it's proper expensive-looking drama.

…I don’t know if anyone is interested but I have a gallery of my Art and Photoshop work on the Deviant Art website and on that site is a section in ‘Gallery’ dedicated to Dr Who… I’ve done about 42 ‘jokes’ in regards to Dr Who… it’s my own quirky offbeat take on The Tardis/ Daleks/ Cybermen and other stuff all things Dr Who… on this website link…

…you might not find them funny but at least one might make you chuckle… I average about 1 or 2 jokes a week so I’m always adding to it… I hope that you enjoy them… cheers.

…I don’t know if anyone is interested but I have a gallery of my Art and Photoshop work on the Deviant Art website and on that site is a section in ‘Gallery’ dedicated to Dr Who… I’ve done about 42 ‘jokes’ in regards to Dr Who… it’s my own quirky offbeat take on The Tardis/ Daleks/ Cybermen and other stuff all things Dr Who… on this website link…

…you might not find them funny but at least one might make you chuckle… I average about 1 or 2 jokes a week so I’m always adding to it… I hope that you enjoy them… cheers.
I have looked at your page before and did indeed get a chuckle or two out of many of them. Good work.

…speculation that Jodie Whittaker is leaving her role at the end of this year makes me wonder who would be a great replacement for her… I stumbled across this article on this website…

…personally… as everyone knows… David Tennant is my favourite Doctor ever and I would love nothing more than to see him back in the role lol!… but if that doesn’t happen I would be chuffed if Danny Dyer got the role… The Doctor with a East End Cockney accent!… it would be a classic take on The Doctor!… being an ex London Cockney myself I would be in seventh heaven lol!…. Richard Ayoade would be a brilliant replacement too in my opinion… we’ll have to wait and see I guess?… cheers.

…speculation that Jodie Whittaker is leaving her role at the end of this year makes me wonder who would be a great replacement for her… I stumbled across this article on this website…

…personally… as everyone knows… David Tennant is my favourite Doctor ever and I would love nothing more than to see him back in the role lol!… but if that doesn’t happen I would be chuffed if Danny Dyer got the role… The Doctor with a East End Cockney accent!… it would be a classic take on The Doctor!… being an ex London Cockney myself I would be in seventh heaven lol!…. Richard Ayoade would be a brilliant replacement too in my opinion… we’ll have to wait and see I guess?… cheers.

This is the latest report today…

…on the Channel 7 Sunrise show this morning they showed a clip saying that Hugh Grant was in the front running to play Doctor Who!… for that to be actually reported must mean that there is some possible truth to the rumour methinks… I picked out a few ‘established‘ actors / personalities that I would like to see in the role of The Doctor if they go down that track instead of picking an unknown… now just imagine my picks having a full on confrontation with The Master… it would possibly sound like this I imagine……

358EFCA2-CDDF-458C-BDDA-9CA192F579A8.jpeg

Hugh Grant;… “I… I… I’m frightfully sorry Mister… erm sorry… The Master… um.. Master… but I have my duty to the planet Earth to ask you not to destroy it if you don’t mind… I hope that this doesn’t put you out old chap!… thanks in advance for understanding”…

FF497898-E7E0-490C-A366-8E980BC9E583.jpeg

Richard E Grant;… “I know that it would be delightfully ghoulish to destroy the planet Earth but I can’t allow that… how about we go to another Galaxy and you can destroy 2 planets instead?… 2 for the price of 1 you might say?…

87648FAA-29C7-4F9C-93BC-20FE5430E68D.jpeg

Richard Ayoade;… “Master… it will be so terribly boring if you try to destroy the planet Earth… we will be battling for a few tedious hours and let’s face it… I always win anyway because of my rather superior intellect so how about a glass of wine instead?”…

C10B4C06-13AF-4A60-919D-F289F962C305.jpeg

Bill Nighy;… “you could destroy the planet Earth but I’d obviously have to stop you just with the power of words… I know that you beleive that you understand what you think I said but I’m not sure that you realise that what you heard is not what I meant… what was that?… don’t worry about it… you’ll go and destroy another planet somewhere else?”…

DC119E22-8183-490D-8546-06556E045A14.jpeg

Danny Dyer;… “ere’ ya plonker.. don’t even fink of desroyin’ de Earf Master or I’ll come over dere and nut ya!… and den I’d give ya such an Atomick Wedgie dat you could eat your underpants for breakfast… you’d taste em’ real good… now piss off!”…

4701A3D4-1182-46F6-A164-78BF9160DAF3.jpeg

Paul McGann;… “before you try and destroy good old Earth I thought that I should probably tell you something… I was the champion bare knuckle fighting champion along the entire west coast of merry old England for a while in the early part of the 1800’s… so if you don’t drop your plans to destroy the Earth… I’ll come over there and will pound the living shit out of you… understand?”…

…well there you have it… cheers.

Reactions: kxk
I really enjoyed the Sea Devils episode. It had a lot of heart warming moments.

And oh my goodness the trailer for the Centenary Special!!! Looks amazing!

I really enjoyed the Sea Devils episode. It had a lot of heart warming moments.

And oh my goodness the trailer for the Centenary Special!!! Looks amazing!
Yes, it was swashbuckling.

The Doctor and Yaz relationship (which can be on the nose when fans 'ship' them) was handled with sensitivity.

I'm beyond excited by who is in the special.

@inumeenu It seems we are the odd ones out so far.
I just looked at the Gallifrey Base and it seems the episode is being almost universally hated.

…I liked the episode mostly… I thought that The Doctor and Yaz were about to start kissing each other at one point… to me at least their relationship seemed to be ‘shimmering’ at times in the last few episodes… if there is a ‘love’ for each other then I wish that they would get on with it… or am I just imagining it?…

…something that did annoy me about the episode (I know that it’s a trivial technicality) was when The Doctor and the others swung on ropes from one ship to another neatly onto the deck of the other ship they landed perfectly onto the deck in one clean swoop… now this would (technically) be impossible… the other ship was way above them… for them to perform that manoeuvre they would have to be directly beside them otherwise the ropes that they were swinging on would’ve been way too short… I know that I’m being anal about this but I can’t help it lol!…

…and… I was annoyed that the mouths of the ‘Mermen’ had hardly any animation… it was like watching that fight scene of William Shatner in Star Trek fighting that monster in the desert whereby it’s mouth never moved when it was growling back in the 60’s… again… I know it’s something very trivial… I’m just being ‘picky’ that’s all… but the story itself was great… I enjoyed it… (especially when John Bishop jumped out in that Pirate outfit… I laughed my head off lol!)… cheers.

…one thing that does annoy me in the back of my obviously empty mind is… whenever the companions first ever meet The Doctor and enter The Tardis is that they usually say the obvious line… “it’s bigger on the inside!”… but after that the wonderment of all other things around them stops… I know that when I see something new or amazing that I instantly ask a million questions or Google it to satisfy my new found curiosity… like when they meet an Alien for the first time… they are not overawed for more than 10 seconds… they just accept it and move on… we are living in an age at the moment when Governments tend to keep us in the dark as to whether Aliens actually exist or not because they don’t want us to be ‘shocked’ and may all ‘panic’ so to speak…

…so imagine meeting an Alien for the first time?… wouldn’t you be overawed for more than 10 seconds?… I’d probably numb for quite a while until all of it sunk in then when it had I would start asking a million questions about things like their home Planet… how far away it is etc etc… and also… modern day companions are used to neon signs… the concept of holograms… TV screens… electricity etc… but what about historical characters say from the 1500’s or 1600’s for instance?… they are lucky to see open flames on torches or even candlelight… imagine when they first walk into The Tardis and see glowing columns and TV screens lit up powered by electricity etc?… they’re never curious… never ask questions whatsover…

…if you beamed a Caveman into the middle of London and he saw everything around him he’d have a mental meltdown … his brain wouldn’t allow all of that information at once… nobody could handle that…

…obviously edited time in the storylines don’t allow for this to happen but how about they show their new found wonderment over 3 episodes or more as they slowly adapt to their new surroundings?… the closest to this was when the Teachers went into The Tardis in the very first episode in the 60’s… and more recently when Bill became The Doctors companion… I know that I’m carrying on like a Pork chop but I wish that there was more of the companions or historical characters ‘adjusting’ to the situation…

…I think a funny throwaway episode with a new companion asking questions like “where is my room?”… or… “where is the toilet?”… or… “where are the toilet rolls?”… type of questions would be hilarious answering questions that fans on different Fan websites have asked ever since the show started lol!… not every episode has to be a serious drama one… there can be a funny one now and then… I’m hoping that the Shakespeare of writing Russel T Davis decides to do one… it would be great!… lol!… cheers.

…and… one more thing… I’ve never liked Yaz I’m afraid… she walked into The Tardis for the first time… the next couple of episodes she’s driving The Tardis… she knows all about the mechanics of it… enough said… cheers.

Back