Doctor Who

Mr Stickyfingers

an old fart that rants at times...
Awesome site donor
…hahahaha!… I can’t believe that she said the movie ‘Goonies’!… lol!… I just love her for that lol!… cheers.

Meglos

HAVE A NECTARINE, GONK
New Doctor announced.

I've never heard of him and I'm not sure about the choice, but we shall see.
I had the same reaction when I heard about Matt Smith, and he turned out to be very Doctorish.
He seems nice and is very handsome.
I can't yet see what RTD sees in this guy that screams The Doctor, but hopefully there will be some kind of eccentricity and he'll win me over.

EDIT : and his name is pronounced "Shooty".

Last edited:

Mr Stickyfingers

Awesome site donor
…a black Doctor?… I suppose that the next one will be a Chinese one?… I’ll wait until I see him in the role of The Doctor until I start making comments on the decision… he may just pull it off as The Doctor… who knows?… I kicked up a stink way back then about The Doctor becoming a woman before and Jodie filled the role quite well to a certain extent… so maybe he will do quite well too?… if the role was going to a black man to keep up todays trend of ‘keeping up with the times’ I would have liked to have had Richard Ayoade do his take on the role… but as Brekkie said…

He is brilliant in Sex Education - does both drama and comedy very well.

…I’m willing to go with today’s modern William Shakespeare of writing (Russell T Davis) decision to put him in this role and see if he does well or not?… still… I wonder what William Hartnell would have thought of the decision if he would have still been alive?… “hmmmm!… yes!… quite… strange indeed!”… to see The Doctor come from being the original male grandfatherly figure to a modern vibrant female figure and now perhaps a future young black adventurous Doctor is quite a ride!… I accept now the need for change to keep the franchise modern and alive so I will give this latest incarnation of The Doctor a go… let’s hope he does well… cheers.

Mr Stickyfingers

Awesome site donor
…I just thought of something… Yaz has had a simmering underlying love for Jodie’s Doctor for quite a while now…she’s been really attracted to her in a sexual way… how will her character accept suddenly losing that with her regeneration into a young black man?… it’ll be like losing a true love to her… her reaction to that and how she copes with it will be worth seeing it in itself… I’ve never really liked Yaz’s character before now so maybe that will make Yaz more interesting to me in the future?… lets wait and see I guess… cheers.