Skip to main content

Doctor Who

I thought it was a great episode, considering how many loose ends it had to tie up.

...I was happy with that episode too... even though the new Daleks looked pretty cool I’m glad that we’ll be keeping the usual design that we’re used to... also... even though I liked Bradley Walsh as Graham/Graeme?... I’m happy that him and his ‘son’ are now gone... the TARDIS was overcrowded as it was... and Captain Jack is back in the show again (whether permanent or in sporadic episodes I just love it that one of my most favourite characters is back on the show... please don’t bring back River Song... please!)...

...all up... a great episode!...so many questions answered... oh!... nearly forgot... I liked seeing the Weeping Angel and various other characters make a small cameo in the prison scenes lol!... I hope that the rest of the shows this year are up to that high level of writing... if so... we’re in for a good year methinks!... cheers.

Agreed @Mr Stickyfingers

and how about the Weeping Angel being named “Angela” hahahaha

Pretty funny when she said she had forgotten The Silence were there too!

...ha ha!... there were quite a few good jokes scattered around by The Doctor weren’t there inumeenu?... like I said before... if the shows this year are up to that same standard too... we’re in for a great year of viewing I reckon... cheers.

i watched a load of classic doctor who last month. the most interesting story was shada because of how it played with the linking narration of a much older tom baker. a story that had loads of potential.

The question is, will there be anything left to save?
The signs are hopeful.

The BBC has confirmed that Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall will be replaced in the coming months, assuring any fan fears that the series could be “rested” or cancelled after Whittaker and Chibnall’s departure.
“We will announce plans for the new generation of Doctor Who in due course – watch this space!” the BBC said.

I really hope Jo Martin as the Fugitive Doctor gets her own season, or at the very least, features a lot more in Season 13. We deserve more of her story!

It's time to get rid of Yaz too, and that guy they've announced doesn't seem very promising either.
What they need is the Jo Martin Doctor with two dynamic companions, ideally one male, one female.

It's time to get rid of Yaz too, and that guy they've announced doesn't seem very promising either.
What they need is the Jo Martin Doctor with two dynamic companions, ideally one male, one female.
Agreed. It’s feeling a little bit like Martha’s season. Not awful, but nothing spectacular. But, I’m remaining optimistic.

I have missed all of this Jodie/chib era?
Saw a little bit,
Too much going on....at the time of her season one
And never got around to catching up
Didn’t look inspiring
Still intend to watch repeats abc are running, her bit soon
What can I skip?
Babylon was good wasn’t it? Was either that or something else my bros and fellow DW fan loved

Saw a little bit,
Didn’t look inspiring
What can I skip?
Babylon was good wasn’t it? Was either that or something else my bros and fellow DW fan loved
I never really watched any other Sci Fi apart from Blake's 7.
Not a fan of the Star Trek/Babylon American productions.

As for Jodie's episodes - if you just want to dip in for the highlights, I would suggest :

The Woman Who Fell To Earth - great introduction
Rosa, Demons Of The Punjab - for serious political stories
The Witchfinders - great story and Alan Cumming
It Takes You Away - I don't like it much but it's popular with half the fans
Resolution - has Daleks
Spyfall - great fun and a wonderful new Master
Nikola Tesla's Night Of Terror - good semi-frightening adventure
Fugitive Of The Judoon - with a huge surprise Doctor and an old friend
Revolution Of The Daleks

Reactions: kxk
Saw a little bit,
Didn’t look inspiring
What can I skip?

If you ever have trouble getting to sleep, just start watching an episode from the Jodie/Chib era and you'll be asleep in five minutes.

Reactions: kxk
I never really watched any other Sci Fi apart from Blake's 7.
Not a fan of the Star Trek/Babylon American productions.
Thank you, will note these eps whilst abc does her repeat cycle, coming soonish

And, like you, not a fan of USA sci fi ....nor was my bros, but he did like one I watched an episode with him and it was more intriguing, quite different from the rest of their crap
Does Star Trek ever go outside? All they seem to do is hang in that ship control room
DW far superior even in the old cardboard set days

My philosophy prof at uni, swore to us that DW is/was so good, well written because
Thatcher sacked all the philosophy profs, defunded that subject, so uni profs went to write for tv
Or migrated like him
Most charismatic human I ever met, we all fell in love with his brain, and he had 2 missing legs

Back