Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Pretty disappointed by that teaser. Didn't realise until later that the people in it were the new companions. And Jodie Whittaker is in it for 2 seconds. C'mon, I want to see some actual vision from the show!

Pretty disappointed by that teaser. Didn't realise until later that the people in it were the new companions. And Jodie Whittaker is in it for 2 seconds. C'mon, I want to see some actual vision from the show!

...yes they're not giving away too much in the teasers are they Will?... to be honest my friend I'm more curious as to what The Tardis interior looks like after it has reinvented itself after spitting out Jodie and watching her falling to Earth... (I bet that The Tardis catches her after it has given itself a new look inside)... I really liked Matt Smiths whimsical organic looking interior out of all of them so far but a 'Steampunk' or 'Victorian' style of interior would satisfy me too I guess... even a back to basics one like the original Hartnell series would do me... anyhow... we'll just have to wait and see I guess?... lol!... cheers.

...oh!... speaking of The Tardis... I've stumbled across this... a time lapse deconstruction of Capaldi's Tardis (I never liked that version of the interior... ever!)... so get a load of this... it's sort of sad watching it come down though... even if I didn't like it lol!... on this website below... cheers.

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/01/...ole-room-get-deconstructed-for-one-last-time/

Watch Peter Capaldi's TARDIS Console Room Get Deconstructed For One Last Time

James Whitbrook
Jan 3, 2018, 2:00am

mtkw6yld0vmcufpkslea.jpg

Christmas Day saw the end of an era for Doctor Who - the arrival of Jodie Whittaker's 13th Doctor saw off Peter Capaldi and Steven Moffat's time on the show in explosive manner. But a new Doctor and new direction for the show means, of course, a new TARDIS interior. Before that, the old one has to be brought down one final time.

Twelve's regeneration in "Twice Upon a Time" was violent enough to set the whole console room on fire (and, err, get his replacement chucked out of TARDIS and sent plummeting to Earth, which is rather rude, really) — so come later this year when the Doctor gets her TARDIS back, it will be with bit more than just a fresh lick of paint or the already-shown new exterior. To mark the changing of the guard, the BBC has released a time-lapse video of the current console room being taken down forever, to make way for the eventual console room that will be piloted by the new Doctor.

Although the current TARDIS console room has become Capaldi's, it actually made its debut in the 2012 Christmas Special with Matt Smith's Eleventh Doctor, "The Snowmen." After a season with Smith however, a few lighting changes and some extra set dressing truly made the blue-and-orange hued console room Capaldi's own, from scattered bookshelves to the Twelfth Doctor's beloved guitar.

It's sad to see it go, but you can't help but be excited by the prospect of just what the 13th Doctor will have in store for her when she recovers the TARDIS upon Doctor Who's return in 2018.

...I subscribe to the BBC Dr Who website and they send me links to Dr Who news every now and then on this link...

https://www.doctorwho.tv/news/

...and I saw this news below... it's only for Audio shows but at least Carole Ann Ford is being incorporated into the Whonverse of some sort... I've always been an advocate for her to return as an adult Susan who stumbles across The Doctor accidentally (a tad bit like Sarah Jane Smith did)... so I guess that this will be about the best that I can get lol!... either way... I'm glad the she's on board at least lol!... cheers.

2018-07-17_12-33-37.jpg

David Bradley will reprise his role as the First Doctor (played by William Hartnell in the original television series) in a third series of The First Doctor Adventures from Big Finish in January 2019.

He’ll star alongside Claudia Grant as Susan, Jamie Glover as Ian Chesterton and Jemma Powell as Barbara Wright as well as a very special guest star, Carole Ann Ford (who played Susan in the television series) who is guest starring as ‘The Woman’.

“It’s always a treat to work with Carole,” says producer David Richardson. “She’s so openly enthusiastic about Big Finish, and we’re currently chatting about new projects that you’ll see her in in the future. I loved the idea of having her in our First Doctor Adventures – she had met David, Claudia, Jamie and Jemma during the making of the TV film, An Adventure in Space and Time, and this was a very happy reunion.

“In fact, David hadn’t noticed Carole’s name on the script front, and so when she walked through the door his face broke into the happiest of beaming smiles. It was clear that he was utterly delighted to have Doctor Who royalty involved!”

Two more adventures await the TARDIS team in The First Doctor Adventures Volume Three:

1. The Phoenicians by Marc Platt

2. Tick-Tock World by Guy Adams

Available in January 2019 on CD and download, you can pre-order The First Doctor Adventures Volume Three at £23 on CD or £20 on download from bigfinish.com

Or you can save money with a bundle. Order Volume Three with Volume Two (out this month) and Volume One (released last year) for £68 on CD or £60 on download.

And if you can’t wait until next year, the TARDIS team will encounter a brave new world, a new alien race and the undiscovered society of Feudal Japan in the second volume of The First Doctor Adventures, released later this month.

2.1 The Invention of Death by John Dorney

After an experimental flight, the TARDIS crew find themselves on one of the strangest worlds they have ever encountered. Alien life takes many forms, and on Ashtallah the travellers find all their preconceptions tested. But this world is about to make a discovery – and it could mean the end of everything.

2.2 The Barbarians and the Samurai by Andrew Smith

In 19th Century Japan, Westerners are forbidden. So when the TARDIS arrives near Lord Mamoru’s castle, the daimyo’s Samurai are soon on their trail. Uncovering secrets at court and treachery in the ranks, the Doctor and his friends are drawn into intrigue. And, as a battle begins, they are caught in the middle.

You can get more information and read behind-the-scenes interviews with both writers in June’s Vortex magazine. Andrew Smith reveals his extensive research for The Barbarians and the Samurai, and John Dorney teases us about the new alien species for the first TARDIS team to discover.

...I'm really happy today... if you may recall me posting this artwork of mine on this thread a few years ago (2013) which I called "Dr Whoescherism" which combined two of my most favourite things in my life... the Artist M.C.Escher and Dr who... (the image was picked up for use in a Canadian Dr Who online magazine believe it or not through his very thread lol!)... here it is below to remind you...

dr_whoescherism.jpg

...well.. a few days back I decided to go online to 'Vistaprint' to get a mug made up for a friend of mine about something else and discovered that they can put your images onto T-Shirts/Mouse Pads/Mugs or whatever you want so I decided to put that image that I did way back in 2013 onto a T-Shirt just for the hell of it and to see how it would turn out... I was quite stunned that they were able to print so much detail onto a 100% White Cotton T-Shirt... it ended up being a tad bit darker than it appears in the image above (which is understandable) but I am so chuffed with it lol!...

...I've done other Dr Who artworks before now and am thinking of doing the same with them too just for the laugh... lol!... instead of sending overseas for Dr Who T-Shirts I will just create my own and have them printed and create a wardrobe of them for my own personal daily use lol!... here is what it looks like on the T-Shirt front and back...

dr whoescherism t-shirt....jpg

...as I said... I'm pretty stoked about it that's for sure lol!... I also got myself a new Mouse Pad with the same image done at the same time... so two happy happy joy joy's for me today lol!... (now to get those other Dr Who images that I've also done) lol!... hmmmmm!... I might create a few more images just for the hell of it too now!... I've been inspired!... lol!... cheers.

That is FANTASTIC....did you get a credit from Canada?

The T-shirt is awesome too. You are a clever man.

I too am fascinated by Escher and the Escher kind of episode is the first DW I can remember being enchanted by.

That double helix staircase I posted in the art thread is so Escher.

Blew me away when I saw jigsaw puzzles by Escher.....that would drive me crazy

I remember loving that artwork Mr Sticky, congratulations on getting recognition for it, and well done on the mugs and shirts.

The Escher story was Castrovalva, the debut of Peter Davison. It's quite wonderful.
latest

That is FANTASTIC....did you get a credit from Canada?

The T-shirt is awesome too. You are a clever man.

I too am fascinated by Escher and the Escher kind of episode is the first DW I can remember being enchanted by.

That double helix staircase I posted in the art thread is so Escher.

Blew me away when I saw jigsaw puzzles by Escher.....that would drive me crazy

...thankyou so much for the kind words kxk... I posted that image back then and a guy that runs the online 'Doctor Who Magazine' in Canada approached me for him to be able to use it in the Magazine's celebration issue at that time... I said 'yes' and then got credit for it in the issue which was a bit of a buzz for me at the time... I let him use it for free because I didn't create it for financial gain... I did it because I love Dr Who so much... lol!...

...I thought that you would be a lover of M.C.Escher kxk for the very fact that he had such a wonderful mind in being able to create all of that wonderous Art...he was a great man indeed... and those episodes with Escher's inspiration were just sheer brilliance and looked fantastic even though it was done on a shoestring budget all those may years ago... just imagine if they remade those episodes with today's special effects?... I've always loved the movie 'Labrynth' where Escher's inspiration was touched upon again... the added extra bonus plan was that it had David Bowie starring and singing in it too... see the video below and be amazed by David and the Escher inspiration... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
I remember loving that artwork Mr Sticky, congratulations on getting recognition for it, and well done on the mugs and shirts.

The Escher story was Castrovalva, the debut of Peter Davison. It's quite wonderful.
latest

...thanks for that Meglos my friend... much appreciated... and yes... that was the run of episodes... 'Castrovalva'... what I liked about the Dr Who team in doing this was that M.C.Escher wasn't quite as well renowned as he is nowadays and at the time wasn't all that much popularised and was just starting to become as known as he is today... but of course... the Internet wasn't anything back in those days really was it?... so most people only knew about his work through Artbooks really... so obviously whoever dreamed those episodes up must have been a lover of Art I guess?... but yes... those special effects at the time were just completely mind blowing for sure... well done them!... cheers.

...just as a little extra snippet of Escher... an actual short interview with the great man himself... fascinating indeed... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/...of-the-population-as-the-first-female-doctor/

Doctor Who star Jodie Whittaker wants to encourage the “other half” of the population as the first female Doctor

www.radiotimes.com
And new Doctor Who boss Chris Chibnall says the series would be “behind the world” if it cast another male Doctor

Jodie's comments are fine, whatever, but Chris Chibnall is as irritating as usual.

Doctor Who would be behind the rest of the world if it didn't cast a female Doctor?

What, like every other series with a male lead is? I didn't realise anyone thought like this. When I watch a show, I certainly never think "this is good, but it's a pity the lead actor is a man/woman", that's ridiculous.

For some reason this is posting muted, so turn it up before you watch.

...thanks for posting that Meglos my friend... so obviously the new Doctor survives her fall from The Tardis (by being recaptured before she hits the ground by The Tardis itself after refurbishing it's inside I imagine) lol!... I was hoping to get a glimpse of what the new Tardis interior looks like on the inside but alas!... it wasn't to be ... I really like the new 'old' companion Bradley Walsh and I think that he'll add a lot of fun to the show... he's the host of The London Palladium or something like that where he has a brilliant sense of humour... I love him...

...he's also the host of the UK version of 'The Chase' too... he cracks up at anything and is so fast with his responses when things go wrong too...

...I think that he'll be a great asset to the show... the other companions?... I have no idea as to who they are but they'll be great I'm sure... although... I have a few things on my wishlist that I would like to see at least once or twice and that is the appearances of Carole Anne Ford as an adult 'Susan'... the return appearances of Donna Noble and Captain Jack... and a special appearance as The Doctor by Paul McGann would just completely blow me away and yes... I do know that it'll never happen lol!... again Meglos... thanks for posting that clip my friend... cheers.

I have a few things on my wishlist that I would like to see at least once or twice and that is the appearances of Carole Anne Ford as an adult 'Susan'... the return appearances of Donna Noble and Captain Jack... and a special appearance as The Doctor by Paul McGann would just completely blow me away and yes... I do know that it'll never happen lol!... again Meglos... thanks for posting that clip my friend... cheers.

Chris Chibnall was heavily involved in Torchwood so that one is a vague possibility. I'd like to see Gwen Cooper too.
His casting seems to be spot-on - the cast of Broadchurch was brilliant. I'd love to see David Tennant and Olivia Colman in Doctor Who again. And K9 and the "kids" from Sarah Jane Adventures/Class.

Back