Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Watching the repeats, we are up to.....

Doctor Who

'Voyage of the Damned'

ABC, 12:30am, Mon, 22 Jan 2018, 75 minutes

REPEAT

It's Christmas Eve, 2007. High above the Earth a spaceship is transporting voyagers from the planet Sto to experience the festive period on the planet below. The spaceship is themed in the style of the White Star Liner, RMS Titanic, and much of the ship's decor resembles the original ship that famously sank after being hit by an iceberg. Passengers and crew are dressed in replica costumes from 1912. The Doctor joins the passengers on board and befriends a waitress, Astrid Perth. After a visit to London via the ship's transmit system, the Doctor and Astrid return to the spacecraft just before it is hit by a meteor, causing severe damage and huge fatalities. David Tennant, Kylie Minogue.

Rather lovely......and OMG I had forgotten a lot of the imagery, Tennant is sublime in the ending.....so cool, when he flies with the Host
And hell he is so sexy and looks like a gorgeous geeky James Bond at times....he was such a gift...

And then, squeeeeeeeeeeeeee, an all time favourite......THE SO WONDERFUL FUN return of DONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor Who

'Partners in Crime
'

ABC ME, 7:50pm, Mon, 22 Jan 2018, 45 minutes

REPEAT

The first episode of Series 4 sees Donna tracking down the Doctor during an alien emergency in modern-day London. The couple experience a series of wonderful adventures, including visiting Pompeii on the eve of the historic eruption; and an encounter with the legendary murder mystery novelist Agatha Christie.

...in the past two nights I've watched the 'Forest of the dead' and the 'Silence in the Library' c0-joined episodes... to see David and Catherine (my favourite duo combination ever) interacting with each other so full on again was absolute heaven for me... in fact... I've watched each of these episodes nightly on ABC ME over the past few weeks...

Forest Of The Dead

Silence In The Library

The Unicorn And The Wasp

The Doctor's Daughter

The Poison Sky

The Sontaran Stratagem

Planet Of The Ood

The Fires Of Pompeii

Partners In Crime

...(it's been shifted to a 6:30 PM timeslot now so is even more convenient to watch for me at least)... I so hope that Jodie the new female Doctor has both Donna Noble and Captain Jack Harkness come back into her life timeline again... the interactions between these three would be phenomenal... I can't see it happening but boy!... they would be some dynamic episodes to watch methinks!...

...and... thankyou so much to kxk for pointing it out to me that these episodes are having their run on ABC ME... you really have made me a happy chappy :kiss::thumbsup::biggrin:... woohoo!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
...oh!... by the way... I meant to mention that when I saw the mime scene in the 'Partners in Crime' episode... you know... this one...

...I think that it even beats this non Doctor Who clip with the pair of them reunited for a charity event that I love so much for the comedic talent between them...

...the comedic timing between them is probably what makes them my most favourite combination of Doctor and Companion ever... I've so missed their times together and in seeing them together in this run on ABC ME is a godsend for me... happy times indeed!... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
...haha!... after those two gems above I stumbled upon this clip... I laughed my head off!... I love it!... probably not to everyone's taste I guess but as I said... I loved it... lol!... cheers.

Erm, yeah :p

... if you go to this link below Meglos it gives you all of the lyrics to the song... I like that it's about how Russell T Davis had a lot on his shoulders when he made the new series of Doctor Who that we love so much... when you read the lyrics there are so many references and laughs within the lines... I think that it's great lol!... the lyrics are way to long to publish within here... hence the link below... cheers.

http://www.karaoke-lyrics.net/lyrics/fava-jennie/the-ballad-of-russell-and-julie-341558

... if you go to this link below Meglos it gives you all of the lyrics to the song... I like that it's about how Russell T Davis had a lot on his shoulders when he made the new series of Doctor Who that we love so much... when you read the lyrics there are so many references and laughs within the lines... I think that it's great lol!... the lyrics are way to long to publish within here... hence the link below... cheers.

http://www.karaoke-lyrics.net/lyrics/fava-jennie/the-ballad-of-russell-and-julie-341558

Thanks Mr Sticky. I did watch it, and my only gripe is that six minutes is a stretching my patience with musical theatre :p It is cleverly written and performed though and it's great that those three actors are such Doctor Who fans.

David Tennant was such a good doctor wasn't he? :):):) Been watching tonight's episode on ABCME! It was a fun era!

...I'm actually watching it right now T.R. lol!... I've been watching it each night since Tennant has been in it... and yes... my favourite and best Doctor ever for me... (Capaldi came close to him but did not ever replace him lol!)... cheers.

This might excite some... we're going to get a look at the original script for the 50th anniversary episode. The one that was written to include Eccleston, before he declined to be involved!

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2018/02/50th-anniversary-script-starring.html

...it was quite a shame that he didn't participate on the show but he believed that he had valid reasons not to at the time so to be able to see how he was written into the show would be awesome... now I'm intrigued... thanks for posting this article Will... cheers.

28056100_1801621979868068_3615252664438405939_n.jpg

So Jenna Louise Coleman is currently around the corner from where I live in Melbourne. Filming her new BBC TV show, The Cry!

My partners Mum has come across the filming locations a few times now.

Williamstown beach attracts a lot of film & television productions apparently!

I have family there, apparently 'The Wrong Girl' is filmed around those parts too.

Yeah it is!

Rebecca Gibney filmed a movie in my partners family house when he was growing up. Beautiful part of Australia!

Back