Skip to main content

Doctor Who

...I see that Rove is getting a 'new show about Movies!'... called 'Show me the Movie' on Channel 10 soon... so... does that mean that 'Whovians' is never coming back onto the ABC again when Doctor Who restarts?... it'll be sad if it does... cheers.

...I see that Rove is getting a 'new show about Movies!'... called 'Show me the Movie' on Channel 10 soon... so... does that mean that 'Whovians' is never coming back onto the ABC again when Doctor Who restarts?... it'll be sad if it does... cheers.

I said the same in another thread the other day. Great minds think alike? I hope we are wrong.

And I just saw an ad for a new show hosted by Rove, featuring Joel Creasey and a woman comedian I haven't heard of.
I hope it isn't instead of Whovians, hopefully it will be over before Doctor Who starts.

I said the same in another thread the other day. Great minds think alike? I hope we are wrong.

...haha!... sorry Meglos I didn't see that post but yes... we do think alike at times don't we?... lol!... hopefully he will do both shows on two different Channels as some others do at times... we can only hope eh?... if not then I hope that they make Tegan the new host of the show or something to keep the show going?... cheers.

p05ytykz.jpg

...I love this image... jeez!... her boots sure are prominent aren't they?... lol!... (perhaps they're that big to kick the Cybermen's arses or something?)... lol!... cheers.

A lot of people hate that there's a female Doctor, they hate the new logo, they hate the costume, they hate the new producer... all before they've seen a second of the new series. I am ready to embrace it all. That image is awesome.

A lot of people hate that there's a female Doctor, they hate the new logo, they hate the costume, they hate the new producer... all before they've seen a second of the new series. I am ready to embrace it all. That image is awesome.

...haha!... when it was first announced that The Doctor would be a female I was obviously quite annoyed about it as is well documented within this thread... but obviously I had to accept it and by my standards of stubbornest (just ask my sweet darling wife for confirmation of that lol!)... even I accepted that the new Doctor is now a female quite quickly in the end... those still protesting to this day are not true Whovian fans as far as I am now concerned...

...back then when it was first announced that The Doctor was now a female I remembered back to when I first saw the very first episode of Doctor Who 'LIVE' back in the 60's as a 10 year old kid in England and saw that grumpy old grandfather figure emerge on the screen with his granddaughter Susan... THAT was my Doctor Who... I then imagined a scenario whereby a modern day older Susan accidentally runs into the new female version of The Doctor and then Jodie as The Doctor says to her "Susan!... I'm your grandfather... I'm The Doctor!"...

...at the time I couldn't wrap my head around the idea that a female Doctor could pull that scene off at all but then a few of you wonderful Whovians within here convinced me that within the Universe of Doctor Who ALL THINGS are possible... some of you reminded me of that... I then re-imagined that above scenario and put this scene into my my head...

...The Doctor: "Susan!... I'm your grandfather... I'm The Doctor!"...
...Susan: "Grandfather!... it's great to finally see you again!... you're finally a woman at last!... welcome to our world!"...

...obviously Susan must be a Gallifreyan too so she would've been used to Gallifreyan's changing gender within her world so it wouldn't be a shock to her... then it all fell into place for me because of some of your comments to me at the time... hence me changing my mind about The Doctor now being a female pretty quickly (by my standards of course)... as some of you said... within the Universe of Doctor Who ALL THINGS are possible... you all were right... I was then over the initial shock of the change of gender from that moment onwards and threw off my shackles of 'old fashioned' and 'traditional' viewpoints of what The Doctor should be... and realised the benefits of what The Doctor could be... for that you wonderful people... I thank you... you all made me see the light... you all get a Gold Star and a Lollypop for your efforts... lol!... I can't wait for the new series... and from my research on Jodie... she should smash this new role as The Doctor easily... to all the people that are still protesting about it?... go watch another show... cheers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07B82S1CT

51sdLcLZSzL._SY445_.jpg

holy moly. classic doctor who on blu ray! and it has one of the best seasons ever with not only the introduction to the doctor that many believe to be the best, but also all of the stories are interconnected. a rarity for that era.

...that looks awesome reepbot... I wonder whether it is only available online or if you can also buy them in ABC shops?... (do they still exist?... they were talking about shutting a few of them down a little while back from memory)... that converts to around $72 Australian which doesn't seem too bad for what it is... a great find my friend... cheers.

Last edited:
It's nice, but I don't fancy buying all the classic series again, I already have every individual DVD (and before that I had them on VHS).
I also like them all having separate covers and cases, rather than in "boxset" form. If there were extras not on the DVDs I might be tempted, but they are exactly the same.

I have Adam Whovian coming soon near me......

McKinnon-March-2018-213x300.jpg

I shall endeavour to ask him about Whovians if I can get near enough
$20 what a bargain, and I can walk there

Yes, but it's a pain when you've bought them all once, twice, three or even four times already. I've bought 'The Five Doctors' in original VHS form, special edition VHS, original DVD and special edition DVD.

...then why break a habit of a lifetime Meglos?... :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:... now THAT'S what I call dedication!... I tip my hat to you Meglos... seriously... that is real dedication indeed... colour me impressed!... cheers.

I have Adam Whovian coming soon near me......

McKinnon-March-2018-213x300.jpg

I shall endeavour to ask him about Whovians if I can get near enough
$20 what a bargain, and I can walk there

...oh lucky you!... and Tony Martin too?... I envy you kxk... you have to let us know how awesome it was... and only $20?... I'm happy for you... cheers.

Reactions: kxk
Back