Skip to main content

Doctor Who

doctor who always have the best extras.

then after the blu ray release it will be the 4k set, then the 8k one. a few years after that it will be classic doctor who in virtual reality.

...that does sound like an awesome deal for what?... about $72... I might invest in it myself... sounds excellent... cheers.

...William Hartnell's original script for the first ever episode of Doctor Who is up for grabs at an auction... if only I had the money... on this website below... cheers.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor...illiam-hartnell-script-auction-first-episode/

William Hartnell's script for Doctor Who's first ever episode is now up for auction

And it could fetch quite a few bob.

landscape-1492098561-doctor-who-susan.jpg

A rare piece of Doctor Who history is now up for auction.

William Hartnell's (aka The First Doctor) personal script for the first ever episode of the iconic show is up for bids, estimated at between £5,000 and £8,000, according to Antiques Trade Gazette.

Doctor Who and the Tribe of Gum (the working title for the show's first episode) was written by Anthony Coburn, and was previously featured on Antiques Roadshow.

gallery-1519834855-2.jpg

Interestingly, Hartnell's 1963 script features the blue markings of annotations, and was discovered by the grandfather of the vendor while refurbishing the late actor's flat.

gallery-1519834852-3.jpg

The script is up for auction through Aston's Auctioneers of Dudley in the West Midlands on May 3, and it is not the only one going either.

A Welsh auction house is offering original scripts for unaired Tom Baker-era serial Shada, written by Douglas Adams, and they are going for between £200 and £400.

gallery-1499175100-p00nmwf4.jpg

Hartnell's First Doctor recently featured in the Doctor Who Christmas special, played uncannily by David Bradley as we said goodbye to Peter Capaldi's incarnation of the Time Lord and hello to Jodie Whittaker's Thirteenth Doctor.

As well as finally putting a female Doctor in the TARDIS, it looks like the new series of the show will have much more female writing talent too.

BBC drama head Piers Wenger confirmed this week that several episodes of series 11 will be penned by female writers, explaining: "Having a diverse team on that show feels appropriate, important and essential."

...has anyone stumbled upon these before?... they are Doctor 'minisodes' or 'prequels'... they're like complete short stories that only last for a few minutes... some are really good... (the Ood sitting on the toilet in the first one is hilarious!)... lol!... the second one has a brilliant unexpected ending... and the last one?... haha!... The Tardis gives Clara some of her own medicine lol!...cheers.

...has anyone stumbled upon these before?... they are Doctor 'minisodes' or 'prequels'... they're like complete short stories that only last for a few minutes... some are really good... (the Ood sitting on the toilet in the first one is hilarious!)... lol!... the second one has a brilliant unexpected ending... and the last one?... haha!... The Tardis gives Clara some of her own medicine lol!...cheers.

Yes, they are great Mr Sticky. I haven't watched them all yet, but I'll get to them when I reach the boxsets in my marathon (I'm currently up to The Brain Of Morbius, a Tom Baker story). (Shout out to @nutmeg who I hope is still watching in some form).

...there is a lot of information on this website below that blows my mind away about the new series of Doctor Who... there's too much information to post so I'll only show some excerpts from it... from this link below... I do recommend that you read the whole page for yourself though... it's worth it... I'm just a tad bit worried that our beloved show is in the dire chance of becoming 'Americanised' with the Production of the show in regards to the writing area and will not be 'unique' any longer that's all... so many big changes... hopefully for the better eh?... cheers.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/doctor...-11-air-date-cast-trailer-episodes-companion/

(1)... It's now been officially confirmed how many episodes we'll be getting in 2018 - with just 10 as opposed to the recent standard of 12. However, they'll be longer outings - 50 minutes, rather than 45.

The series opener will be even longer - though it was originally announced to be running to an hour, it'll actually span a full 65 minutes!

(2)... It sounds like we're in for a total refresh. Mark Gatiss – who's contributed a script every year since Doctor Who returned in 2005 – initially admitted that he was unsure if he'd continue under Chibnall.

"I don't have a permanent position around the table," Gatiss said. "It's one of those moments, you don't know what's happening."

Gatiss later confirmed that he wouldn't be returning for series 11 - he insisted that, while Chibnall had left the door open for him, 2018's episodes would all be written by "new people".

(3)... rumour has it that Chibnall might be looking into new ways of writing Doctor Who. While both Moffat and his predecessor Russell T Davies would for the most part develop storylines and episode concepts that they would either write themselves or hand off to others, Chibnall is said to be adopting a writers' room, similar to that used in US television.

Under the new system, Chibnall would lead a group of writers in hashing out storylines for each series together, though the BBC insisted back in 2016 that "no fixed model" for crafting Doctor Who in the new era had been decided upon – at least at that point.

(4)... On the musical side of things, composer Murray Gold - a mainstay of Doctor Who since it returned in 2005 - has announced he's departed the series. No word yet on his replacement, though Broadchurch composer Ólafur Arnalds has ruled himself out.

(5)... There'll also be a change in terms of visual effects: Milk VFX, who've worked on the show since 2013, have been replaced by new firm Double Negative, who recently worked on the effects for Blade Runner 2049.

(6)...Whatever happens next, it would appear that the show's future is secure, with a recent press release appearing to confirm not just series 11, but series 12 through 15.

(7)... Chibnall apparently has a "five-year" plan for the series... and he won't be playing it safe. "What the BBC was after was risk and boldness," he said in June 2017.

He'll be joined on this journey by Sam Hoyle (Broadchurch) and Matt Stevens (Misfits), who'll both serve as co-executive producers.

Happy times and places – with plenty more adventures in time and space to come...

It's worrying, particularly the "writer's room" rather than one cohesive writer for each story, and getting rid of Murray Gold's music and Milk FX' effects. I don't know if I've said it before, but I really don't like Chris Chibnall, he gives me the screaming willies. So I've tried to be calm and positive about him taking over as I'm not "one of those fans" and I like to be positive about everything in life. But I am worried.

It's worrying, particularly the "writer's room" rather than one cohesive writer for each story, and getting rid of Murray Gold's music and Milk FX' effects. I don't know if I've said it before, but I really don't like Chris Chibnall, he gives me the screaming willies. So I've tried to be calm and positive about him taking over as I'm not "one of those fans" and I like to be positive about everything in life. But I am worried.

...what I'm worrying about in regards to the writing Meglos is that the show will turn into a sort of 'same old same old' sort of American type format whereby each episode is a continuing story throughout the 10 episodes a year as The Americans sometimes do... no diversity in the stories as it is now whereby the most slender links join the stories individually written by writers as it is now... at the moment each episode has it's own individuality...

...having a 'pool of writers' rather than individual writers has warning bells ringing for me... each week with Doctor Who as it is now is unique... each episode is a unique standalone story at the moment even when the shows are a two-parter or whatever... but... I'm giving this news the benefit of the doubt at the moment... there's no use complaining about it before it's even happened is there?... new Doctor... new Tardis... new companions... new head writer... new composer... new special FX crew... what can go wrong?... lol!... my only question is... will be we still watching the same show?... lol!... cheers.

...what I'm worrying about in regards to the writing Meglos is that the show will turn into a sort of 'same old same old' sort of American type format whereby each episode is a continuing story throughout the 10 episodes a year as The Americans sometimes do... no diversity in the stories as it is now whereby the most slender links join the stories individually written by writers as it is now... at the moment each episode has it's own individuality...

...having a 'pool of writers' rather than individual writers has warning bells ringing for me... each week with Doctor Who as it is now is unique... each episode is a unique standalone story at the moment even when the shows are a two-parter or whatever... but... I'm giving this news the benefit of the doubt at the moment... there's no use complaining about it before it's even happened is there?... new Doctor... new Tardis... new companions... new head writer... new composer... new special FX crew... what can go wrong?... lol!... my only question is... will be we still watching the same show?... lol!... cheers.

Yes you hit it on the head. Chibnall is all for the "continuing story" over a full season. He was responsible for Broadchurch, which was still good, but it wasn't Doctor Who. I don't think you tie DW down to being just one thing, when it can be ANYTHING. Russell T Davies deliberately had us going from modern London to the year whatever billion to Charles Dickens in just 3 episodes, and that is brilliant and what we need.

Chibnall is a big fan of "adult" drama, meaning sex, violence and swearing, which I think DW does perfectly fine without. His episodes of Torchwood were some of the worst, with the sexy Cyberwoman and a serial killer who ate people, if I recall correctly.
His DW episodes included dinosaurs on a spaceship and the one with the numbers, which weren't exactly brilliant either.

And there's... this... (look out for the bit where he tells the writers that their stories are boring).

Yes you hit it on the head. Chibnall is all for the "continuing story" over a full season. He was responsible for Broadchurch, which was still good, but it wasn't Doctor Who. I don't think you tie DW down to being just one thing, when it can be ANYTHING. Russell T Davies deliberately had us going from modern London to the year whatever billion to Charles Dickens in just 3 episodes, and that is brilliant and what we need.

Chibnall is a big fan of "adult" drama, meaning sex, violence and swearing, which I think DW does perfectly fine without. His episodes of Torchwood were some of the worst, with the sexy Cyberwoman and a serial killer who ate people, if I recall correctly.
His DW episodes included dinosaurs on a spaceship and the one with the numbers, which weren't exactly brilliant either.

And there's... this... (look out for the bit where he tells the writers that their stories are boring).

...well the fact that Russell T Davis will be one of the contributing team gives me hope that he will keep Chibnall on the 'straight and narrow' so to speak having had been the original head writer of the reboot of the series at the time... that's why I highlighted Russell's name in my original post Meglos... we can only hope I guess?... lol!... cheers.

Do you know what story/scene that is from? I know I've seen it before but I can't think where. Maybe 'Midnight'?

...it's from 'Army of Ghosts' when the Cybermen were slowly invading the Earth via their ghostly images Meglos... I found this website blog that plays out the entire scene of The Doctor trying to save his reputation on this link below...

https://tennydr10confidential.tumbl...or-who-gif-post-the-doctor-worrying-about-his

...the person that runs it has played the scene out in memes... there are about 13 memes all up so I'll stretch them out over a couple of posts because there are so many so here goes my friend... cheers.

tumblr_inline_nosb5l8Ekt1rxr4x6_400.gif

tumblr_inline_nosb63qRfR1rxr4x6_400.gif

tumblr_inline_nosb6ve8uP1rxr4x6_400.gif

tumblr_inline_nosb7fKdNX1rxr4x6_400.gif

tumblr_inline_nosb7xQh381rxr4x6_400.gif

tumblr_inline_nosb9dLkIO1rxr4x6_400.gif

...and it continues... I used to love the conversations between The Doctor and Rose's mum lol!... the third last panel really cracks me up... cheers.

tumblr_inline_nosbaaLKTU1rxr4x6_400.gif

tumblr_inline_nosbaq2ahu1rxr4x6_400.gif

tumblr_inline_nosbb9gfFA1rxr4x6_400.gif

tumblr_inline_nosbbue7ZS1rxr4x6_400.gif

tumblr_inline_nosbcrvJan1rxr4x6_400.gif

tumblr_inline_nosbd9aQPP1rxr4x6_400.gif

tumblr_inline_nosbdpo8241rxr4x6_400.gif

Thanks Mr Sticky! 'Army Of Ghosts was an awesome episode, as was the other half of the two-part Rose finale.

Agreed that Jackie Tyler and Yvonne Hartman were fantastic in that story.

it would have been better without the doctor/rose ten minute sob fest at the end. that was cringe worthy. but that's only because i always never brought into the whole doctor/rose love thing. i much preferred the more blatantly toxic aspects of the clara/12th doctor friendship.

but i enjoyed the concept of the cybermen and the daleks in the same episodes.

...as everyone knows I'm a huge David Tennant fan... I just found this website today while surfing the Internet that is an unofficial David Tennant website that tracks everything that he does and jeez!... some of the photos of David within the thousands of him are truly awesome!... here are just some of them...

2018-03-10_23-11-23.jpg 2018-03-10_23-13-54.jpg 2018-03-10_23-08-15.jpg 2018-03-10_23-01-11.jpg 2018-03-10_23-08-56.jpg 2018-03-10_23-09-47.jpg 2018-03-10_23-04-29.jpg 2018-03-10_23-12-45.jpg 2018-03-10_23-10-22.jpg 2018-03-10_22-56-58.jpg

...the website is bloody awesome with all the different sections devoted to his TV shows/Movies/Theatre work and every other thing that he has ever done... as you can understand... I'm in raptures lol!... I can't stop looking at it... (I've hit the motherlode peoples!)... on this website below... cheers.

https://www.david-tennant.com/

Back