Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Yeah, blown away, just so much, so intense.....phew

I kept yelling no don't go, and it came true, yeah - well for a bit at least. Capaldi is superb, that threesome is divine.
OMG the Missy/Capaldi eyes!!!!

Did you notice - the bag of jelly beans, the I don't want to go, and I will remember when it was me......

Okay, I did really enjoy this last story.

Observation (not mine): Missy does remember some things from her time as the Master (such as to bring the dematerialization thingummy), so possibly she also remembered shooting herself in the back too - and was using protection.

My secondary observation: Of course they're not going to kill off the Master/Missy. Like the Daleks, M- is just too big an asset to the show to ever just be finished with.

My highly personal opionion: Gomez has been the best M- ever I reckon, the others have just been too straightforwardly evil. Missy's motives are always just out of reach.

My out on a limb opinion: This year has had the best cast - Capaldi/Mackie/Lucas/Gomez - of any the reboot seasons.

My own observation: Bill's fate was a bit of a knock off of Clara's. Doctor left not knowing while she goes off exploring on her own Doctor like adventures with another woman.

My grumblings: The drippy girl still seemed a bit too drippy personality-wise to be a good travelling companion. However... she is apparently an intelligent living lubricant, so I may be wrong on that score. And Drippy whipping Bill out her cybersuit just like that after the Doctor was left umming and ahhing? Just saying.

Moffat teasing us again: Barely paraphrasing here, but the Master makes some comment about woman taking over everything and the Doctor replies 'maybe it's about time'.

Looking forward to: Christmas.

Did you notice - the bag of jelly beans, the I don't want to go, and I will remember when it was me......

Oh man. Capaldi quoting some of the previous Doctors' final lines tugged at those heartstrings!

@oddjob - Good theory for Missy. Agreed, no way that's the last we've seen of her. I'm not even convinced that's all we've seen of Simm.

Also - Missy's umbrella was a sonic umbrella? lol, did we know that before?

Couple of other moments I liked:

When the farmlady touches her tankard to Nardole's and he moves his away.

When Bill needs to know if the Doctor has actually understood that she likes women, and young ones at that. And then her happiness at knowing the Doctor has seen that, rather than being too preoccupied to notice, or making some other assumption.

Oh man. Capaldi quoting some of the previous Doctors' final lines tugged at those heartstrings!

@oddjob - Good theory for Missy. Agreed, no way that's the last we've seen of her. I'm not even convinced that's all we've seen of Simm.

Also - Missy's umbrella was a sonic umbrella? lol, did we know that before?

And I noted Missy did not confirm it when the Master said he would be a woman after he regenerated. And we didn't see it of course, so it's still not even established she is the next incarnation.

I'm also glad for Whovians pointing out that Missy couldn't stay with the Doctor because she knows she has to go and finish off the Master, or else not exist at all. And also possibly knowing that she would be shot, but not if she'd survive. So we don't really know how Missy felt about the Doctor's offer, it's one she could never accept.

Now THAT is why Doctor Who is, and always will be, the best thing on television.

So much brilliance, I never wanted it to end.
I liked Nardole's ending, and possible love interest.

Missy stole the show as usual. I was almost hoping that, as she and the Doctor were dying simultaneously, their life forces would combine and a Missydoctor, played by Michelle Gomez, would be the next incarnation. No?

My only niggles are quite minor, but....
Moffat manages to kill Bill, while giving her the same kind of iffy dead/not dead ending he gave to Amy, Clara and River.
Bill would never abandon the Doctor, even for drippygirl. I was praying she would say no and stay for the regeneration, and next season.

Brilliant flashback sequence, but WHERE WAS RORY? If Vastra and Jenny qualify as companions, Rory certainly does.

Just came home and just caught the last half arvo repeat.....

Bill can return, Bill can do and be whatever she wants kind of....missed that first time.
Water girl tells her she can be back for tea:) and be whatever she wants.

3rd time
Clara, he remembered Clara

Moffat back to 50th magnificent, and more old barns, a great goodbye

And yep, the door is open for Bill to return sometime

3rd time
Clara, he remembered Clara

Moffat back to 50th magnificent, and more old barns, a great goodbye

And yep, the door is open for Bill to return sometime

I guess he's left it in such a way that if the new show runner wants her, she can carry on. Suppose that will come down to who the new Doctor is.

And now she has magic and magic Princess H2O
However, clearly Moff designed Bill for easy exits, she has nobody left behind to break our hearts, and she gets a cool girls adventure
Bill so deserved that happy ending
Nardole gets to be a hero, deserved also, he will be forever hero worshipped and loved

I hope Gomez is lying through her teeth and we get more,more,more - never enough

...I've exceeded the 10,000 word limit again so it's in 2 parts... here is part 1...

...'The Doctor Falls'... oh well... I guess that this is the episode that we lose Capaldi's Doctor then?... (I'm still saying that I don't think that he's really leaving as I've said for quite a while now... after all... speculation on who might replace him died down really fast didn't it?... that's one of the reasons as to why I think that he's staying)... so yes!... I still think that Capaldi is staying OR he regenerates into Michelle Gomez... one or the other... back to the episode...

...they do a recap... I still get chills with Bill saying "I waited for you!" to The Doctor last week... for some reason I keep getting a feeling that the little black girl Alice is something to do with Bill's lineage for some reason... I'm most likely wrong of course lol!)... are those Mondassion Cybermen minus their armour that they're using as scarecrows?... lol!... now THAT'S weird!... oh wow!... that's one hell of an entrance in the 'rocket' or whatever it is isn't it?... and here's a sight that I thought that I would never see... a Mondassion Cyberman carrying The Doctor out from the wreckage... what an epic shot this is!...

Untitled-1.jpg

...I've been really loving this concept of the ginourmous Spaceship caught in the event horizon of a Black Hole where time is different on various parts of the ship... so kudos for Moffatt for that concept at least (yes... I gave The Moff a compliment so don't rub it in okay?)... lol!...

...haha!... Missy and The Master circling The Doctor tied up on the chair and asking him just how many times he and others around him have died... it's so good to have John Simm's Master back again... he's relishing playing him again lol!... "oh... granddad's back!" he says as The Doctor comes to lol!... him and Missy dancing with themselves lol!.. (and yes... I do believe that The Master would make love to his female self in Missy if she let him lol!)... John Simm's asks if she is his next regeneration but Missy doesn't give him a direct answer?... hmmmm!... interesting... I'm loving them asking him on which way that he would like to die this time... when The Doctor asks where Bill is they say to him together "she's right behind you!" and when he swivels around a Mondassian Cyberman is standing there... and yes... it's Bill dead once again... what?... so Moffatt has found yet ANOTHER way to kill Bill yet again?... this is becoming like "South Park"... "someone killed Kenny!... you bastards!"... just insert Bill's name instead of Kenny's and there you have it!...

hqdefault.jpg ...needless to say... The Doctor is mega pissed off... haha!... so much for the 'nice' Missey eh?... so she was still evil all along after all lol!... ha!... yet another 'Donald Trump' quip within the script this week lol!... so the Cybermen are programmed to hunt down only Humans but now they are after Missy/The Master and The Doctor?... huh?... haha!... The Doctor re-programmed them to hunt for them too lol!... Who's a clever boy then?... "welcome to the menu!" says The Doctor lol!... whoa!... Missy knocks The Master out and unties The Doctor!... so she's the 'good' Missy again after all?... wow!... talk about a great acting range from Michelle Gomez for this episode or what?... lol!... I'm loving it!...

...bwahahaha!... and Nardole comes to the rescue in a shuttle craft lol!... The Doctor grabs Missy's hand and she looks deep into his eyes... does she have feelings for him I wonder?... and... Bill as the Modassian Cyberman kills another that is electrocuting The Doctor while meanwhile Missy climbs up the ladder to the shuttle and abandons The Doctor on the rooftop... SO MISSY IS EVIL AGAIN!... hahaha!... bloody fantastic lol!... The Master tells Nardole that The Doctor is dead "The Doctor's dead!...he told me that he's always hated you!... let's go!" he tells him lol!... then Missy says exactly the same thing straight afterwards lol!... Bill as the Cyberman is hanging onto the ladder with The Doctor in tow...

...back to the opening of the show with Bill holding The Doctor in her arms... they meet the little black girl who takes them back to a farm where they're harbouring small children... haha!... Nardole is wearing his bobble hat beanie again lol!... so now it pans to the shot of the farm and 'two weeks later' appears on the screen... a woman goes to a barn where Bill is... WTF?... she's not a Cyberman now?... but that operation is irreversible!... what the hell is going on?... oh hang on... it could be a 'flashback' perhaps?... the woman tells Bill that she has to stay in the barn because she 'frightens the children'...erm... WHY?... has bill got bad breath or something?... I'm not sure what's going on at this moment I have to confess... bloody hell... so much has happened up to the 14 minute mark of the episode already!... bloody amazing!...

...I'm still lost in what's going on because the woman locked the door on the way out but now the little girl is visiting her... Nardole shouts out "remember the Alamo!" to inspire the people getting ready for an attack and then says under his breath "oooh!... perhaps not!"... lol!... the girl gives Bill a mirror and she looks into it... SHE'S STILL A CYBERMAN!... what the?... so Bill sees herself as her usual self but she's still actually a Cyberman!... (shades of Clara as a Dalek there methinks!)... no wonder they're all so scared of her... and... the 'Jelly babie's' make a reappearance after all these years !!!!!... bwahahahaha!... funny as!... end of part one... cheers.

...and... here is part 2...

...The Doctor explains to Bill about what a Cyberman is?... (hasn't she been in London when they've invaded the city myriads of times before or something?????)... I don't envy being The Doctor and having to tell her that he's let her down big time... jeez!... poor Bill's been through the wringer this season hasn't she?... so her mind is blanking out the Cyberman side of herself at the moment?... whoa!... her Cyberman shadow on that wall brings the reality of the situation home doesn't it?... so The Doctor has completely failed her hasn't he?... she finally gets the shits about being a Cyberman and blasts the door away on one side of the barn... good one Bill!... he wipes a tear from her eye but Cybermen are incapable of shedding tears he tells her?... what?... so there is a chance to reverse the process possibly?...

...The Master calls Bill 'Robomop!"... lololol!... funny as!... ooooh!... The Master is being such a bastard towards Bill... he asks for 'tips' on how to be a woman as he's becoming one soon lol!... he asks her "do you have any old bras?"... bwahahaha!... funny funny funny!... when bill tells him that she's not upset The Master responds with "well doesn't that take out all of the fun of cruelty?"... hahaha!... what a classic line!... "I may as well just try and rile a fridge!" is his parting comment lol!... oh here goes... Capaldi starts to regenerate and stops just as quickly... the younger the child the easier it is to convert them to Cybermen apparently... "less to throw away!" says The Master... Bill tells The Doctor that she doesn't want to live if she stays as a Cyberman... so it looks like Bill is leaving the show after all then?... (where those lift doors are in the forest looks so much like the same spot where the filmed 'Robots of Sherwood' and the 50th anniversary episodes to me)...

..."is the future going to be all girl?" The Master asks as Bill asks then to step aside... "we can only hope!" says The Doctor... so is that them telling us that The Doctor is going to regenerate as a woman this time then?... (um... Michelle Gomez perhaps?)... they all get their Sonic Screwdrivers out and... SONIC UMBRELLA????? ready for whatever is coming up in the lift... yes... I did say Sonic Umbrella believe it or not lol!... even Mary Poppins didn't have one of them!... lol!... and WHAM!... that Cyberman just got his arse blasted away big time lol!... and... here comesthe army of Cybermen... and they're flying up through the floors!...

..."is that windmill important?" asks Nardole... BOOM!... it's destroyed by a rifle that Nardole has modified lol!... I just loved the way that he so casually blew it away lol!... CyberBill burns a hole in a service duct so that they can get access to elsewhere... (she'd be good for starting up a barbecue wouldn't she?)... lol!... and... Missy pulls out a 'dematerialisation circuit' out of The Master's pocket because she implanted the thought in his brain to always have a spare one in times gone past lol!... as she's right up close to The Master after having rammed him up against a wall he says... "do you think it's wrong that I...?" and looks down to his groin... lol!... Missy looks down and says "yes!... VERY!"... bwahahaha!... (I told you that he would earlier in this post didn't I?)... lol!...

...hahaha!... The Doctor siting on that porch holding a shotgun was hilarious!... lol!... and now the 'den mother' to the children is making a move on Nardole!!!!... lol!... he reminds her that he's not human and she says "I'll try ANYTHING once!"... bwahahaha!... bloody hilarious!... she then turns and shoots at CyberBill... she doesn't die of course...(for once at least)...

...so the Cybermen finally appear... and they're all geared up for the fight now... The Master says to The Doctor "me and Sis will be off now..."... lol!... "come on Lady version"... and Missy and The Master start to leave... he stops them and gives them a rousing Capaldi Doctor speech and then The Master says... "see this face... take a good... long look at it... this is the face that didn't listen to a word that you just said!"... and he then just grins and walks away!... hahaha!... now THAT is the reason that John Simm is my most favourite Master of all time!... he is soooooooo EVIL!... he has no morals whatsoever!... he is just sheer brilliance at it's peak lol!... Missy doesn't want to touch The Doctor's hand again... she leaves too... (I really thought that she was going to stay then)...

...and let the explosions begin!... jeez!... Nardole sure knows how to put on a fireworks display doesn't he?... lol!... oh this is interesting... The Doctor and Nardole arguing on who is going to die to save everyone... "you know me... if there are more than 3 people in a room I'll start a black market!" says Nardole lol!... (he didn't want to look after everyone)..."I'll be selling their Spaceship back to them each week!"... lol!... The Doctor wins of course... Nardole has certainly stepped up to mark as of late hasn't he?...

...Missy and The Master hug each other... what's Missy up to?... has she stabbed him and injected him with poison or something?... Bill talks about the fact that she likes girls and young people to The Doctor but as CyberBill wouldn't it sound sort of weird hearing that all in Cyberman talk?... lol!... how funny would it be to hear that?... I wish that they would show the other version lol!... back to Missy and The Master... he gets into the lift to go down to retrieve The Tardis... so Missy's going to go back and be with The Doctor then after all?... oh wow!... she's 'good' again lol!... holy shit!... The Master 'zapped' her!... "don't bother to regenerate... you got the full blast!" he tells her...but she can't REALLY die can she?... hahaha!... the both of them laughing their heads off with the predicament that they're in is quite surreal to me ... Missy is laying there 'dead' as The Master's lift descends... she can't REALLY be dead surely?... Michelle means too much to show surely?... I don't believe that she's really DEAD... no way!...

...go The Doctor!... he's zapping and blowing the shit out of the Cybermen left right and center lol!... whoa!... he just got zapped!... cue his regeneration I guess?... yup!... there it starts!... man I'm going to miss Capaldi IF he goes... (I still don't think that he is)... back to Nardole and his bobble beanie hat... he's talking to the young girl... back to The Doctor laying 'dead' in the field... and... here comes CyberBill... she cries her heart out and what the?... it's 'water girl' from the 1st?... episode isn't it?... she's come to 'rescue' Bill????... um... so Bill's not a Cyberman now then?... so Bill can be made Human again by 'rearranging her molecules if she wishes?... riiiiiight!... okay...

...so Bill decides to become fairy dust and fly around the Universe to be with her girlfriend and just abandon The Doctor in The Tardis?... I can't imagine Bill actually doing that I'm afraid...isn't this exactly what happened to Clara and her friend too?... (at least they had a Tardis of sorts of their own to travel in)... what a lame ending for Bill in my humble opinion... a great story arc of sorts but I dunno... it just doesn't gel with me though... but Bill would never just abandon The Doctor like that... not even a dead one... she'd give him a decent burial for sure!... I know that she doesn't realise about regeneration because she has never been told about it or witnessed one but still...

...so Bill's tear lands on The Doctor's head eh?... interesting!... I mean it's great that Bill's not a Cyberman and all and that she has found 'true love' again but... yeah!... a bit lame for me though... sorry... and... as she leaves The Doctor begins to regenerate... "I don't want to go!"... (a nod to Tennant's Doctor there methinks!)... lol!... and... it looks like were losing Capaldi... no it doesn't... he's refusing to regenerate into a different Doctor?... so am I right?... HE'S NOT GOING?... woohooooo!... (although we still have the Christmas show don't we?)... and... it's the Original Doctor Who!... (or the David Bradbury version at least)... and that's the end!...

...well what a bloody great episode eh?... I loved it all... (except Bill's lame exit)... that's the only thing that spoiled it for me I'm afraid... but it's great to see Bill happy again with water girl again at least I guess?... Nardole now has a purpose... The Doctor may not be leaving us with refusing to regenerate which hopefully means that Capaldi's staying possibly?... I refuse to believe that Michelle is gone forever because lets face it... when John Simm's Master dies he becomes Missy anyway doesn't he?... although... I'll miss John Simm if he doesn't ever return again... but over all... what a bloody brilliant episode!... so we have to wait until Christmas to find out if we lose Capaldi or not eh?... pfffffft!... that'll be easy compared to how long we had to wait until the show returned this season lol!... cheers.

@Mr Stickyfingers out of interest why do you think we might not be losing Capaldi? It was announced back in January that the Xmas episode would be his last. And they wouldn't spend the past two episodes teasing a regeneration so heavily and then not deliver :)

I get the impression the Christmas special will take place right before the first Doctor regenerates, neither of them want to go, and they're going to help each other come to terms with it.

@Mr Stickyfingers out of interest why do you think we might not be losing Capaldi? It was announced back in January that the Xmas episode would be his last. And they wouldn't spend the past two episodes teasing a regeneration so heavily and then not deliver :)

I get the impression the Christmas special will take place right before the first Doctor regenerates, neither of them want to go, and they're going to help each other come to terms with it.

...hi Will... (this could be a long reply my friend lol!)... your theory is the most likely possibility Will but I've said for ages that I felt that Capaldi isn't going because to start with... all of the big hurrah about who was going to replace Capaldi died down unusually fast this time when they announced that he was 'going to leave'... all of the websites that usually make a big song and dance about putting other stars names up to replace him lost interest in pursuing the possibilities that fast that I felt that someone got some sort of 'inside information' from the set maybe that it's all a ruse to start with methinks!... hence the sudden loss of interest I believe...

...coupled with the fact that since Capaldi was a kid he's ALWAYS wanted to become Doctor Who so I believe that he would want to play The Doctor for a tad bit longer than 3 seasons for sure... the only reason that he would leave I believe is if he was being pushed out by incoming writer Chibnall which I seriously doubt would be the case... from memory they have worked together on several occasions without any problems as far as I know... so I rule that out as a reason for sure...

...and yet another reason I think that he's not leaving is that he hasn't really fulfilled his characters development in many ways because lets face it... he's only been in it for 3 seasons and the first season was of him just wandering around and just getting his bearings as far as I'm concerned... so that year was more or less a wasted season for Capaldi to actually BE The Doctor in many ways in my mind's eye... so we've really only had two good seasons of Capaldi being The Doctor as far as I'm concerned... so we are 'owed' another season at least so as to see Capaldi's full definition of his role as The Doctor I believe...

...finally... adding to all of that... I find it really hard to imagine that we've basically lost every main character of the current season (which has been the BEST full cast in any season whatsoever ever in my opinion) in one hit which as far as I can see spells total disaster for next seasons run if every main character has gone... it just doesn't make any sense to me at all... who or what will be left to start with next season?... I can only see it being the outside shell of The Tardis because the inside usually changes with the most recently regenerated Doctor's new persona... I just can't imagine such massive changes that's all.. we may as well be watching a completely different show with nobody from this season left in it lol!...

...I don't believe that they would let Capaldi (who drives the show) go for good as with Missy too... she's too big an asset to lose because her appearances always bring in more ratings when Michelle is on it... so I doubt that we've seen the end of Michelle Gomez either somehow... (I've also speculated that if Capaldi does go that Michelle will regenerate as the new Doctor possibly too?)... lol!... okay so Bill is a possibility of being able to return although... she does believe that The Doctor is really dead so she'd have to 'stumble' upon him after his regeneration I guess?... Nardole now has a purpose so I doubt that we'll ever see him again somehow... John Simm's Master?... maybe another reappearance possibly?... that's a 50/50 from where I'm sitting...

...yes so to sum up those last reasons Will... with so many of the main characters leaving the show then it's not leaving much strength for it's return... I believe that Capaldi at least is staying to help carry the show over for Capaldi's possible final season... there has to be something to hold the show together for it's return... it's as simple as that my friend... I hope that I've explained my reasons well...

...oh!... one last note on all of that above... maybe it's all pure wishful thinking on my part and everything that I've just said is just pure rubbish too!... many would think so I imagine lol!... cheers.

ooo what a lovely spoiler @Meglos

poor old Doctor needs some healing, seeing all of them doing well would be helpful, and so much fun for us, then we just need the new dude, to give us some Capt Jack & Dr Daughter love, and my soul can rest in peace:), these immortals dangling unresolved really pisses me off, and kill that bitch ME

Lots of quite cool rumours

This is fact...

Chris Chibnall has "five-year" plan for Doctor Who – and it's risky and bold
Expect a big revamp in 2018.

Chris Chibnall hasn't taken over the reins of Doctor Who just yet, but that doesn't mean he hasn't got his master plan for the series all figured out – and it sounds dramatic.

In an interview with Television, the in-house magazine of the Royal Television Society, Chris teased that Doctor Who could get something of an overhaul under his watch.

He confirmed that – just like his other big TV hit Broadchurch – a series-long arc is definitely possible.

"What the BBC was after was risk and boldness," he added – but ruled out killing the Doctor in episode 1, quipping: "Ha! Then the title would really make sense!"
Despite his risky plans for the cult favourite, Chris was initially reluctant to sign on for the role of head writer, and even resisted accepting the role "for a very long time".

Related: No, Adrian Lester is not going to be the next Doctor Who – honest

"I finally said yes because I love the show to my bones," he explained.

"I had ideas about what I wanted to do with it. When I went to them and said, 'This is what I would do', I actually expected them to say, 'Ooh, let's talk about that', but they said, 'Great!'"

Chibnall's friend and collaborator James Strong was also quoted in the piece as saying the work would be "a five-year project", so those rumours that Doctor Who is sticking aroundlook to be true after all.

Last month, BBC Worldwide and Shanghai Media Group (SMG) Pictures appeared to confirm that the show wasn't about to evade time and space anytime soon.
"Chinese audiences will not only be able to see showrunners Russell T Davies and Steven Moffat's series 1-10, but also incoming showrunner Chris Chibnall's yet-to-film series 11," the release said.

"SMG Pictures has also optioned first-look rights for series 12-15."

Chinese should LOVE the Doctor, it is everything, mythical, outrageous, historical, futuristic...and epic
They still produce Chinese Monkey tales, they will fall in love with our Doctor - and then we have billions on board

Back