Skip to main content

Doctor Who

'Clara said I shouldn't take revenge. You should know I don't always listen'
12316659_1043681265654518_8384241455400897122_n.jpg

...why does that painting of Clara remind me of the movie... 'The Picture of Dorian Gray'?... cheers.

I can't wait - literally. Off to get junk food, and chill with Doctor time.

Not cooking in my bird infested kitchen, well I think it is gone now, but I don't want to be where it was either, or clean up the warzone.
(birds are always coming in our laundry trying to steal dog food, this one got in the kitchen and freaked me and the rottie out).

Seen the episode. Holy crap!

...coming from you Meglos that sounds great!... I'm guessing that the cliff hanger to tide us over until next year must be fantastic!...

I can't wait - literally. Off to get junk food, and chill with Doctor time.

Not cooking in my bird infested kitchen, well I think it is gone now, but I don't want to be where it was either, or clean up the warzone.
(birds are always coming in our laundry trying to steal dog food, this one got in the kitchen and freaked me and the rottie out).

...hahaha!... I can't wait either kxk... 5 minutes until it starts... WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!... lol!... cheers.

...OH!... MY... GOD!!!!!!... I was right!... I called it on Friday in this very thread when I said...

...and one other thing while I'm thinking it...I have a really strong feeling that Gallifrey will be coming into the series soon... I have no idea as to why other than thinking that 'The Moff and Co' have been going to great lengths with long story arcs since the '50th Anniversary' days some years ago... for Gallifrey to come back into the Timeline now somehow just seems to be 'so right' at this moment for me... when 'Mayor Me' mentioned 'they'... that's what made me think this... I would love to see if the Timelords on Gallifrey still want to punish The Doctor for his 'past crimes' from when Hartnell's Doctor did a runner... I know that storyline has been touched upon in the early series but not really since the series rebirth... I'm rambling on and on again aren't I?... I'll shut up now... cheers.

...I am so happy that Gallifrey is back into The Doctor's Timeline now!!!!!... anyhow... back to this episode...

...this episode genuinely scared the crap out of me in so many parts... that shrouded 'thing' was so unnerving with me... (I know... I'm a wuss aren't I?... lol!)... the moving rotating castle walls... all of those skulls at the bottom of the water that he dived into... each time the shrouded 'thing' came so close to touching him and then finally did... even him digging that trench that I was sure was earmarked for him to be digging his own grave (a great red herring that one)... but the creepy 'Clara' writing on that chalk board was the creepiest thing of all for me!... that made my flesh creep!... and that 'mountain of diamonds that he pounded away at... imagine how much that would be worth?...

...Capaldi carrying that whole entire episode on his own back was such a masterful performance... for him alone to keep that suspense up for that entire duration of time is a feat unto itself... when he read that message at the bottom of that trench and the shrouded 'thing' lashed out at him was almost a heart attack right there and then for me I'm convinced of it!!!!... lol!... THAT-SCARED-THE-SHIT-OUT-OF-ME!... seriously... because I had my computer room in darkness with just the light from my computer screen and TV on it made me jump out of my chair!... my darling wife called out... 'what's wrong?" from the loungeroom when she heard me let out a loud... AAAAAARGH!!!!!... lol!... all I said was... "it's nothing... don't worry about it!"... lol!...

...the twists and turns in this story had me guessing all the time...all of those 'years' that he was there... when he was 'talking' to 'Clara' I was almost in tears at times because of Capaldi's great acting skills...the range of emotions that I felt through this episode is such a credit to both Capaldi and all of the writers of this great show... I become so absorbed in the world of Doctor Who that I actually feel that I am there at times... this was one of those times...

..."You can probably still hear me... so just between ourselves... you got the prophesy wrong... the 'hybrid' is not 'half-Dalek'... nothing is 'half-Dalek'... the Daleks would never allow that... the 'hybrid' destined to conquer Gallifrey and stand in it's ruins is me!"... such amazing words to end this series on!... there are so many things going on in my head for the next series now... 'Moffatt and Co' have really outdone themselves this time haven't they?... what a fantastic episode!!!... what a fantastic show!!!!... I am so happy... and just get a load of these two images of Gallifrey!...

Untitled-6.jpg

gallifrey.jpg

gizmo.gif ...<<<<---- I just loved this little special effect gizmo...

...oh!... one little thing that's niggling away at me... (you know me... I just can't let things go can I?)... :rolleyes::happy:... all of those years that The Doctor was trapped in that castle... I hope that the toilet system was working fine... imagine the build-up of poo in all of that time?... and what about food?... where would that have come from?... yeah I know... shut up and just enjoy the episode Sticky you pendantic little nuff nuff you!... lol!... cheers.

...I took a few screenshots from that 2nd trailer that you posted oddjob... some amazing snippets of what's to come next season... the word... 'wow!'... comes to mind... cheers.

TRAILER 2.jpg

...I took a few screenshots from that 2nd trailer that you posted oddjob... some amazing snippets of what's to come next season... the word... 'wow!'... comes to mind... cheers.

View attachment 50755

The series finale "Hell Bent" is next week. Sorry if you already knew that, but I'd hate for you to miss it!

Great screencaps, and a hilarious post, I laughed at loud at your description of scaring yourself and your poor wife.

Like @Meglos said... we've still got next week and then the xmas episode before the series is over @Mr Stickyfingers!

Anyway, as for this week's ep.... Mind = blown! Great performance by Capaldi. Plus the writing, directing, effects, and especially the editing were brilliant.

Apparently the return to Gallifrey was spoiled by the BBC in a synopsis, it was a big surprise for me though! As was Clara's death last week. I think for a series like this it's nice to just go into a new episode without watching any promos or reading any previews. Enjoy the twists and surprises as they come.

Whenever I come up against something I just want to give up on because it is too hard I'm just going to think: 'Hang on. The doctor spent two billion years punching through twenty feet of material that is hundreds of times harder than diamonds. This is nothing. Suck it up, reepbot.'

The series finale "Hell Bent" is next week. Sorry if you already knew that, but I'd hate for you to miss it!

Great screencaps, and a hilarious post, I laughed at loud at your description of scaring yourself and your poor wife.

...oh fantastic!... I thought that this was the last episode of this series for some reason or another... what a nuff nuff!!!!!... that's fantabulous!... another episode of pure brilliance to go!... thanks for reminding me Meglos... cheers.

Like @Meglos said... we've still got next week and then the xmas episode before the series is over @Mr Stickyfingers!

Anyway, as for this week's ep.... Mind = blown! Great performance by Capaldi. Plus the writing, directing, effects, and especially the editing were brilliant.

Apparently the return to Gallifrey was spoiled by the BBC in a synopsis, it was a big surprise for me though! As was Clara's death last week. I think for a series like this it's nice to just go into a new episode without watching any promos or reading any previews. Enjoy the twists and surprises as they come.

...yes... the xmas special too... it should be brilliant... the BBC gave the plot away with the return to Gallifrey did they?.. hahaha!... how stupid can they be?... they usually go to such great lengths to keep their secrets... The Moff would've had somebodies head for that no doubt lol!... I agree so much with that highlighted statement of yours Will... I don't mind seeing glimpses of future episodes in images a few months or weeks ahead but I always try to avoid the actual plot synopsis or clues of the story itself... coming into here and posting our own theories and ideas of upcoming episodes is a totally different thing though... it gives you an insight into how each poster thinks and just how much they become embroiled into the universe of everything Doctor Who... it's especially good when those theories pan out for you as it did for me... woohoo!... (I'm still stoked about that!)... the good thing is that I don't have to wait for the 'Gallifrey episode' until next year now because it's on NEXT WEEK!... (it's a two-parter no doubt lol!)... cheers.

Whenever I come up against something I just want to give up on because it is too hard I'm just going to think: 'Hang on. The doctor spent two billion years punching through twenty feet of material that is hundreds of times harder than diamonds. This is nothing. Suck it up, reepbot.'

...that's a great mind-set to have there reepbot... I might think about that next time I'm up against something like that... suck it up indeed lol!... cheers.

Back