Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Is there any other? :D

I know people complained when they heard Catherine Tate was going to be in last year's Xmas special and I thought she did a good job even though her character was annoying!

I think Kylie will do a good job, especially as a light hearted Xmas DrWho episode!

Hmm maybe i guess the xmas shows are usually funny ones so she may do alright time will tell :)

rowee i love that cat pic i have a ginger cat who does weird side head tilts like that lol but Mac does look so cute when he does but doesn't stay still long enough for me to take a pic :(

Catherine Tate to star in Series 4

The official BBC Doctor Who website has announced that comedienne and actress Catherine Tate, who guest starred in the 2006 Christmas episode The Runaway Bride, is to return to the role of Donna Noble as a full-time companion of the Doctor throughout the fourth series of Doctor Who in 2008.

Executive producer Russell T Davies is quoted by the site as saying: "Catherine was an absolute star in The Runaway Bride and we are delighted that one of Britain's greatest talents has agreed to join us for the fourth series. Viewers can expect more ambitious storylines and a whole host of guest stars in 2008."

Tate herself added that: "I am delighted to be returning to Doctor Who. I had a blast last Christmas and look forward to travelling again through time and space with that nice man from Gallifrey."

SOURCE: gallifreyone.com

Catherine Tate to star in Series 4

The official BBC Doctor Who website has announced that comedienne and actress Catherine Tate, who guest starred in the 2006 Christmas episode The Runaway Bride, is to return to the role of Donna Noble as a full-time companion of the Doctor throughout the fourth series of Doctor Who in 2008.

Executive producer Russell T Davies is quoted by the site as saying: "Catherine was an absolute star in The Runaway Bride and we are delighted that one of Britain's greatest talents has agreed to join us for the fourth series. Viewers can expect more ambitious storylines and a whole host of guest stars in 2008."

Tate herself added that: "I am delighted to be returning to Doctor Who. I had a blast last Christmas and look forward to travelling again through time and space with that nice man from Gallifrey."

SOURCE: gallifreyone.com

That's fine by me.... I fell in love with her character in "The Runaway Bride"
and thought she was good companion material.....

Plus she was a cutie and hihgly shaggable

Excellent! Loved the bride!!!

I'm hoping that with Kylie as guest star Australia will have a shot a seeing the Who Christmas Special at Christmas!!! We have such a multitude of absolute crap television at Christmas, and the bride special would have been great then- I recorded it to play this Christmas eve.

I'm hoping that with Kylie as guest star Australia will have a shot a seeing the Who Christmas Special at Christmas!!! We have such a multitude of absolute crap television at Christmas, and the bride special would have been great then- I recorded it to play this Christmas eve.
Not a chance, I fear - but those people with certain applications can watch it near Christmas at least :D.

Interesting point wonder if the ABC will do that? We can only hope but i have my ways of getting the ep :)

Hmm Donna is coming back, i had hoped they would bring back

sally sparrow from Blink
i reallly liked her, Donna was ok and funny but she was soooo loud and screaming all the time, which was kind of funny i guess...wonder why Martha isn't staying on?

So lets all takes some guesses as to what Kylie "singing budgie" role will be in Dr Who? I hope they make her some kind of an alien...

but if it's tied into the Titanic then she must be on the boat then?

Would love to hear other people's ideas on her character? And how will DW meet up with Donna again?? Looking forward to season 4 :)

Donna was ok and funny but she was soooo loud and screaming all the time, which was kind of funny i guess...wonder why Martha isn't staying on?

Frankly it's time the Doctor had someone like Donna instead of the "Doctor! Save meeeeeee" we'll have "OI! DOCTOR! GIT OVA 'ERE AND SAVE ME AREADY!"

Martha will rejoin him (and Donna) mid-season, I would hope set after her three episode stint on Torchwood.

So lets all takes some guesses as to what Kylie "singing budgie" role will be in Dr Who? I hope they make her some kind of an alien...

Cyber-woman.

Not particularly impressed with the idea of Donna returning .... far too shrill for me, but I guess at least she's taking it seriously - she's putting off her season of The Catherine Tate Show to do Who.

Whilst I am absolutely gobsmacked and in love with the idea of Donna Noble returning to the series, I am again dismayed at the lack of a male companion. As much as I don't like Bruno Langley, I was very happy in the first season when Adam joined the TARDIS only for him to be booted off next episode. Then, in School Reunion Mickey decided to tag along only to leave three episodes later.

I enjoy Donna and am glad to see her return but I would like a full-time male companion. Someone like Jamie McCrimmon would be fantastic. It might also stop the temptation of the writers to create a romantic interest with every female companion.

I swear it will be my worst nightmare if the TARDIS, on Xmas eve, appears in Ramsay Street and Kylie walks out wearing overalls and covered in grease.

Would probably be a hoot for our UK fans but for me....

It's already my worst nightmare.

Okay, so maybe not worst. But i'm still not liking the idea. And to think, Mr RTD refuted the rumours a couple of months ago.

That, combined with the pitiful season finale is making me not like the man very much.

Well I've been upset with RTD since he pulled the plug on the Rose spin-off TV series. I don't like the Kylie idea one bit as it reeeeeeks of publicity stunt. RTD has done brilliant work so far for the new DW. I really do hope he has an equally brilliant use for Kylie, beyond just a cheap cameo.

Hey, he might be able to inspire a miracle in Kylie - she could show the world that she really can *gasp* act!

The strange thing (for me at least) is that Kylie does nothing for me ;). She might look beautiful and have an endearing way in TV interviews. But I can see through all that. She makes me shiver. She's a really tough business woman with a personality as cold as ice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I've been upset with RTD since he pulled the plug on the Rose spin-off TV series. I don't like the Kylie idea one bit as it reeeeeeks of publicity stunt. RTD has done brilliant work so far for the new DW. I really do hope he has an equally brilliant use for Kylie, beyond just a cheap cameo.

Hey, he might be able to inspire a miracle in Kylie - she could show the world that she really can *gasp* act!

The strange thing (for me at least) is that Kylie does nothing for me ;). She might look beautiful and have an endearing way in TV interviews. But I can see through all that. She makes me shiver. She's a really tough business woman with a personality as cold as ice.

Hey Sanchez I saw your girl Rose is a movie on Hallmark on foxtel last night, "Much Ado About Nothing" modern spin on Shakespeare it was.

Hmmm I don't take the xmas ep serioius i always see it as a fun whacky one...hopefully Kylie won't be on screen much...

Wow Burn you really hated the season end? I liked it :)

I hope Kylie at least plays an Australian instead of using that unconvincing faux accent of hers. Then again, I doubt there were many Australians aboard the Titanic but let's hope she's just an alien with an Australian accent...

Wow Burn you really hated the season end? I liked it :)

For a story that pretty much took place across three episodes, the ending was rushed and was like pulling a miracle out of your butt.

Given what we've had in the past two seasons, I expected more.

CS - Of course Kylie is a publicity stunt. Just like Catherine Tate was a publicity stunt last year. Big name - Big day - Big ratings.

And Kylie's not beautiful.

Exclusive image from the set!!! Gee she looks like a tough cookie! :D

Attachments

• cammy_street_fighter.jpg
    cammy_street_fighter.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 42
Back