Skip to main content

Doctor Who

I was a bit disappointed in this episode. Too much dialogue, and I didn’t get a chance to really feel anything for the new characters. The outcome was a bit too convenient. And special effects seemed a bit half baked (budget issues maybe?)

A very intriguing mystery is hinted at though re the Doctors past! And I do love the new titles / Tardis interior

And now I really want a custard cream haha!

...I bloody loved this episode!... there weren't so many plot holes this time but... there were some... I'll get to them later... well... Jodie has really made this Doctor's role hers with just two episodes under her belt so colour me impressed... I still see little bits of David Tennant's Doctor in her performance at times but I have no complaints at all about that... in fact... I love it... she has that same sort of dynamism as David had when he was the Doctor so I hope that she does stay the way that she is... lol!... I'm loving the excellent shots and angles with the filmwork in this new series... as someone said... it's in epic movie type portions... it works perfectly... anyhow... on with this great episode itself...

...okay... I looked it up on 'Google'... "At most, an astronaut without a suit would last about 15 seconds before losing conciousness from lack of oxygen. (That's how long it would take the body to use up the oxygen left in the blood.) Of course, on Earth, you could hold your breath for several minutes without passing out"... so... well done Epso and Angstrom for being so quick in rescuing them before they died otherwise it would've been a very short episode indeed wouldn't it?... lol!... so was that a plotline iffy bit or not?... I'll give it the benefit of the doubt methinks lol!...

...as was mentioned last week... that Spaceship that was landed on the Planet was top-notch design and up there with Spaceships in 'Star Wars' etc... well done them... and also... I love it when Spaceships have that worn and beaten up gritty interiors that don't look pretty but are so functional as this one was in tonight's episode... kudo's to them for that too...

...it was quite funny that while they were walking along in the desert that with an entire Planet to crash upon that Spacecraft coming in for a crash landing just happened to be falling on them!... buy hey!... I'll let that slide too lol!... and while we're on the subject of Spaceships... why didn't she just land the good Spaceship closer to where they were going?... that way they wouldn't have had to run from the crashing one in the first place would they?... yes I know... picky picky picky Sticky right?... lol!...

...as someone mentioned last week (kxk perhaps?)... I'm so loving all of the questions that Graham asks every time that he doesn't understand as to why they're doing something he has no idea about... "Doctor... if we're talking to Aliens then why aren't we speaking Alien?"... lol!... (the Doctor explains about the 'Universal Translators' that are embedded in their necks) he then says "can people or things stop planting things inside of me without my permission?"... bwahahaha!... way to go Graham lol!... but... speaking about Graham... why is he STILL carrying on about wanting Ryan to call him 'granddad'?... it's sort of getting creepy now methinks!...

...when they were walking up to those ruins why did Epzo not see that laser tripwire as he was approaching it?... it stuck out like dogs nuts!... even blind Freddy would have seen it methinks!... and while we're at the ruins... some great location shots all around... again... well done them... it looked so desolate and so bloody awesome... but those Robot 'guards'... they must be the lousiest shots in the History of robotic guards lol!... slow or what?... when Ryan did that silly and reckless run outside and shot at them and they then stood back up after recovering they missed him entirely... yet again... why would you run out like that?... you're bound to come out second best... I really didn't see any logic in him doing that... oh well... let it go Sticky... let it go...

...but all in all I really liked this episode tonight... I liked the story itself and... what an added bonus with Art Malik in the episode as 'Ilin'... I've liked him ever since he played the Terrorist 'Salim Abu Aziz' in Arnold Schwarznegger's 'True Lies' movie... if you don't remember him this is what he looked like at the time...

...and then Jodie gets her Tardis back!!!!!!... woohoo!... I so love the new interior... there were some epic shots in there such as this...

2018-10-15_11-44-09.jpg

...what a brilliant shot... I liked it even better just before that shot where they were walking through the door and you actually see the Tardis walls and windows on 3 sides before it opens up to the 'bigger on the inside' part... I really like the entrance looking like that...it just looks 'right' for me at least...

2018-10-15_11-43-24.jpg

...I also love the dark lit interior and the almost Crystal style pylons that are holding it all up... all of the hexagonal Blue lit lights in the background make it look awesome too!... I love it!...

2018-10-15_11-41-31.jpg

2018-10-15_11-47-11.jpg

...and... the Tardis console looks fantastic too... and it even dispensed a biscuit for Jodie as a reward lol!... that is as funny as hell lol!...

2018-10-15_11-49-42.jpg

...well... despite some of it's plot line 'faults' that I've pointed out (I don't talk about them to put shit on the show or to spoil it for anyone by the way... it's just to compare the earlier shows with the later ones to see if the episodes eventually become almost perfect episodes in the future that's all)... all in all I totally love this episode and can only see this show striding ahead with an immense gusto within the future... Jodie is perfect in her role... kudo's to her for owning it so well... Graham needs to drop the 'granddad' shit and stay so funny with his questions all of the time... Yas is gorgeous and I'm hoping to see more depth to her character as the shows progress... she is a bit of a hidden resource at the moment methinks!... and Ryan... he needs to 'calm down' a bit methinks!... that shooting run was just silly and dangerous in my opinion...

...so there we have it... I finally got to see inside The Tardis!... yes... I love it... for some reason or another it sort of reminds of Aladdin's Cave with Jewels glowing everywhere lol!... I am so happy with this show and the fact that it's back again... all seems well in the World again... I'm taping 'Whovians' to watch later... I'm so curious as to what they think of the episode lol!... cheers.

Last edited:
...oh!... just a side note or two that I forgot to mention... the new opening sequence seems to be way shorter than previous ones and they've dispensed with The Tardis whizzing and banging it's way through a vortex this time... I quite liked them but I do like this one regardless... obviously Chibnall wants to change EVERYTHING that Moffatt had set up with this new reboot so good on him I guess?... lol!...

...and I so loved the idea of unseen 'flesh eating microbes' being in the water on that Planet... what a great concept for a 'monster' of sorts... Chibnall did say that there would be 'new monsters' in the show... flesh eating microbes that you could drink or swim with?... ouchies!... lol!... cheers.

...and yet another thing that I forgot to mention... with all of the 'Ryan ... call me grandpa' stuff I think that somewhere down the track that something will bond Ryan and Graham (Graham may save his life or something maybe?) whereas Ryan finally does call him that because... now get this... I think that Grace will come back into being somehow just to cap that moment off at that precise time somehow... Chibnall seems to be really pushing that grandpa stuff for a reason methinks!... Grace having something to do with it seems a tad bit feasible to me at least... cheers.

...I've just finished watching 'Whovians' (dammit!... that 'Bajo' guy was back... grrrrr!)... and I do have to say that Tegan's theory about the 'Timeless Child' story arc that was started tonight does have some plausibility within it... that being that Jodie actually bares the original Doctor in the first place... (I'm sure that's what Tegan was thinking about... please correct me if that's not what she was getting at)... from memory... do we actually know who The Doctor's parents were?... I like the way that you think Tegan... lol!... cheers.

I loved that. Wonderful new opening titles, great music, and a nice opportunity to get to know the regulars a bit better with only two other characters to focus on. And the TARDIS is back, with wonderfully redesigned interior.

...okay... I looked it up on 'Google'... "At most, an astronaut without a suit would last about 15 seconds before losing conciousness from lack of oxygen. (That's how long it would take the body to use up the oxygen left in the blood.) Of course, on Earth, you could hold your breath for several minutes without passing out"... so... well done Epso and Angstrom for being so quick in rescuing them before they died otherwise it would've been a very short episode indeed wouldn't it?... lol!... so was that a plotline iffy bit or not?... I'll give it the benefit of the doubt methinks lol!...

It has a precedent in classic Doctor Who. The start reminded me heavily of the Peter Davison story Enlightenment, where people were able to be rescued (or thrown overboard) by the captains of sailing ships in space.

I HATE the way Rove appears mere seconds into the end credits to talk over them, that's the moment I like to see who was in the cast. I know that's the way modern tv works now, you have to "hook" floating viewers, but it's really disruptive. I wish they could do it after the "next time" trailer (which was very short and unrevealing this time).

Watching Whovians. Don't like the guests much.

What is the deal with the biscuits? I've watched the scene several times and I still don't know what they are talking about, what biscuits/custard creams??

Watching Whovians. Don't like the guests much.

What is the deal with the biscuits? I've watched the scene several times and I still don't know what they are talking about, what biscuits/custard creams??

...it's when Jodie's Doctor gets her Tardis back and she's fiddling with the console and everything and then she puts her foot on a lever and it releases a treat for her in the form of a biscuit Meglos... in the episode itself it's at the 48:50 mark in the episode itself and this is what happens...

2k5e7s.gif

...and on this link that oddjob supplied... at about the 38 seconds mark they shows the same thing...

...it shows the set designer or someone else showing Jodie the Tardis console controls and they ask her to step on the peddle to see what happens so that's what Rove and the panel were raving on about my friend... I hope that this helps... cheers.

Thanks Mr Sticky! That makes it all clear, in a way Whovians didn't. Do you think maybe they played the wrong clip? Because they showed the TARDIS interior, and when it cut back to them they were all laughing about the custard creams. But there were no custard creams in the clip they showed, hence me not understanding what the hell they were talking about.

Thanks Mr Sticky! That makes it all clear, in a way Whovians didn't. Do you think maybe they played the wrong clip? Because they showed the TARDIS interior, and when it cut back to them they were all laughing about the custard creams. But there were no custard creams in the clip they showed, hence me not understanding what the hell they were talking about.

...I think that you're right Meglos... I think that they might have because I didn't twig straight away but only knew what they were talking about because I noticed it straight away in the episode itself... so yes... perhaps they did my friend... cheers.

...I think that you're right Meglos... I think that they might have because I didn't twig straight away but only knew what they were talking about because I noticed it straight away in the episode itself... so yes... perhaps they did my friend... cheers.

I missed it in the episode itself, I think I saw Jodie flicking switches and *something* dropping out but I must have blinked or looked away momentarily and missed her putting it in her mouth. A good reason to watch the episode, or at least some of it, again.
It's a great idea.

...to quote myself from an earlier post...

...I've just finished watching 'Whovians' (dammit!... that 'Bajo' guy was back... grrrrr!)... and I do have to say that Tegan's theory about the 'Timeless Child' story arc that was started tonight does have some plausibility within it... that being that Jodie actually bares the original Doctor in the first place... (I'm sure that's what Tegan was thinking about... please correct me if that's not what she was getting at)... from memory... do we actually know who The Doctor's parents were?... I like the way that you think Tegan... lol!... cheers.

...well... me being me I set out to try and find out just who The Doctor's parents were... I found this... The Doctor's 'Family Tree'... I found it on this website below...

https://external-preview.redd.it/an...bp&s=69ae565c5a5e6945e1818a700ddda6749af337ee

...if anyone can decipher it can anyone tell me who the hell they were?... lol!... cheers.

NdCd9yG.png

That's a very complicated timeline! I won't even pretend to understand half of it, and it doesn't help that it mixes all kinds of "canon", some of which I disregard (comics, audios), In my own personal canon, Claire Bloom in The End Of Time is the Doctor's mother, and she is also somehow the "half human on my mother's side" reference from the Paul McGann movie, and the lady (in a different regeneration) in the episode where the child Doctor hides under the bed. The events of the 7th Doctor novel Lungbarrow are also real in my canon, meaning that Susan is the Doctor's real granddaughter from the time he was known as The Other. Hope that makes sense.

@Mr Stickyfingers
You know how you always say you'd like to see Susan return...
This is a new picture of Carole Ann Ford, pictured with William Russell (who played fellow original companion Ian) and William Hartnell's daughter, at the unveiling of a William Hartnell plaque.
44244083_2315809881971589_8181663539237224448_n.jpg

Life was too hectic to watch last week, so watched 2 episodes back to back, glad I did that or I may have had TARDIS withdrawals.

So fine all round, nice zippy stories so far.
Love the old dude companion, the others blah so far

Jodie, is as others have commented rather David Tennant-ish, and I can't quite shake the Broadchurch Jodie

Credits......is like a new organic version of the old kaleidoscope

...I stumbled upon these videos of some 'behind-the-scenes' type of stuff of the first two episodes of Jodie's series... it looks like they have such great fun on set between them too... cheers.

Back