Skip to main content

Doctor Who

Yes, will be available early every monday am.......might start watching in bed next week

Getting rave reviews........still intend watching later tonight

...it's about to start on Channel 2 in a few minutes... some idiot Politicians talking crap at the moment... stop blabbing and start Dr Who will ya?... sheesh!... bummer!... I didn't realise that it was on IView this morning... I even looked it up a couple of days ago and it wasn't on the schedule... cheers.

...great start so far... mystery... intrigue... I hope that we see the inside of The Tardis in this episode... it's been doing my head in wondering what it looks like inside now... cheers.

...this feels like it's a tad bit 'grittier' than normal Dr Who episodes... sort of like a 'Torchwood' vibe to me... I'm liking it too... it's great so far... I'm loving it... cheers.

...I'm seeing some mannerisms of David Tennant's time as The Doctor in Jodie at times... I hope that she does continue in that vein... she really is quite dynamic in her performance as the new Doctor... I have to admit that I was totally against The Doctor being regenerated as a female and that I made quite a fuss about it too... but I hereby take those words back... she's brilliant!... "Swiss Army Sonic... made with Sheffield Steel!"... lol!... brilliant!... cheers.

...we're not going to see inside the new Tardis in this episode are we?... I will be mighty pissed off if we don't see it methinks!... cheers.

...fuggit! fuggit! fuggit! fuggit!... I was right... we don't see inside The Tardis!... you mongrels!... I am peed off... now we've got to wait another week or whatever... I so enjoyed the episode itself but that was a rotten thing to do... (for me at least)... I'm taking my bat and ball home and am goinghome to sulk... cheers.

Not reading anything until later but I hope you guys enjoyed it.
I reckon Jodie is going to be the best Doctor since Capaldi.

...after Tennant... Capaldi was my next favourite Doctor Meglos as most of you are probably aware... based solely on this one episode already... she could be... she's dynamic... colour me impressed to say the least... to be honest Meglos I really did not think that a female Doctor would work but I'm definitely eating humble pie now... although... I'm still getting my head around it that William Hartnell's grumpy grandpa has progressed to Jodie's version now but I'm sure that a few more episodes in and I will stop thinking of it like that lol!... yes yes... I AM just a silly old fart at times lol!... cheers.

Watched it now. Colour me impressed!
I didn't like that there weren't any opening credits or episode title until the end, but everything else was non-stop adrenalin.
Jodie and the other new regulars were excellent (poor Sharon D Clarke though).
It's all very cinematic now, with the use of actor credits in the "coming soon" bit a great new innovation. Phyllis Logan! (Mrs Hughes from Downton Abbey).

...I've just finished watching 'Whovians' and I cannot believe that none of them picked up that there were no opening credits in this episode... no Tardis flying through a Time Vortex... nothing... am I the only one to have noticed that?... and the closing credits were just a blurry half-hearted Vortex type of thing... here it is...

2018-10-09_0-54-03.jpg

...perhaps it was like that because The Tardis hasn't regenerated itself as of yet?... but one good thing... one of my favourite comedians is on it in a future episode when shown in the closing credits... Lee Mack... he's so sharp when it comes to one liners etc... his episode should be great indeed... cheers.

1.jpg

Last edited:
...haha!... we must have both been posting at the same time in regards to the non appearance of opening credits... I thought that I was the only one that picked up on it Meglos lol!... I'm really pissed off that we didn't get to see the inside of the new Tardis though... but a great first episode regardless methinks!... cheers.

...haha!... we must have both been posting at the same time in regards to the non appearance of opening credits... I thought that I was the only one that picked up on it Meglos lol!... I'm really pissed off that we didn't get to see the inside of the new Tardis though... but a great first episode regardless methinks!... cheers.

Finding the TARDIS is likely to be the running theme this season, so I wouldn't be holding my breath in the hope of seeing it just yet.
Unlike you I wasn't actually expecting to see it at all this episode.
Loved the sonic... swiss army knife, except without the knife.

...I'll wait until everyone has seen the episode before I comment on a few niggly little things that didn't seem right to me because I don't want to spoil anyone's viewing of it so I'll save my comments until tomorrow or the day after perhaps lol!... don't get me wrong... this episode was fantastic but some things didn't make sense to me that's all... cheers.

It seemed very mature for a 5-something o'clock timeslot. The last time that happened was when the Sylvester McCoy episodes and Tom Baker repeats were on at 5:30 in the late eighties, and it's undoubtedly pitched a bit more "adult" now.

Finding the TARDIS is likely to be the running theme this season, so I wouldn't be holding my breath in the hope of seeing it just yet.
Unlike you I wasn't actually expecting to see it at all this episode.
Loved the sonic... swiss army knife, except without the knife.

...that Swiss Army Sonic made with Sheffield Steel was bloody funny as Meglos lol!... the 'searching for The Tardis' running theme would be annoying if it went for too many episodes methinks Meglos... it would make The Doctor be Earth based only for a while and the show would be like a second rate 'Torchwood' I reckon... I'd much prefer that she gets it within the next episode or so so that they can travel through both Time and Space... there's way more diversity for episodes that way... but me being me... I'm just impatient I guess?... lol!... cheers.

It seemed very mature for a 5-something o'clock timeslot. The last time that happened was when the Sylvester McCoy episodes and Tom Baker repeats were on at 5:30 in the late eighties, and it's undoubtedly pitched a bit more "adult" now.

...yep!... I totally agree with you Meglos... people were killed and the drama was quite intense in parts which seemed to me to be a tad bit early for kids too... I just don't understand the ABC's reasoning for it... strange indeed... cheers.

Back