Skip to main content

Doctor Who

...aw thanks Meglos you legend... here are my next 5 choices...

9-05-2016 7-07-08 PM.jpg 9-05-2016 7-03-46 PM.jpg 9-05-2016 7-02-25 PM.jpg 9-05-2016 7-05-16 PM.jpg 9-05-2016 7-06-16 PM.jpg

...#1... I loved Tegan... (Janet Fielding)... I just had to pick this one for that reason alone lol!...
...#2... I would've loved to had read that issue on Patrick Troughton... one of my Favourite Doctor's...
...#3... a special farewell edition to Tom Baker... what a read that would be... I love that photo of him...
...#4... the five faces of Doctor Who... the title speaks for itself really...
...#5... an interview with Nicholas Courtney (the Brigadier)... that would be pure bliss to read...

...well there are those 5 Meglos... now for the next 5... cheers.

...my next 5 choices are...

9-05-2016 6-54-06 PM.jpg 9-05-2016 6-53-31 PM.jpg 9-05-2016 6-50-57 PM.jpg 9-05-2016 6-52-20 PM.jpg9-05-2016 6-55-38 PM.jpg

...#1... well that scantly clad female alien was quite risque for it's day... I think that you can even see her nipples can't you?...
...#2... apart from the fantasmagorical artwork... 52 pages on The Doctor's Time-Space machine!... I'd kill to read that!...
...#3... a great cover and also a CD and Cyber Tape competition to boot!... how can you go past that?...
...#4... white Daleks and a free Abslom Daak Flexi Disc!... you just can't resist that... you just can't!...
...#5... a great cover on flying Daleks before there were Daleks that can now fly!... the wonderment of it all!...

...and there are those 5 Meglos... this is great fun... now the final 5... cheers.

...my final 5... here we go...

9-05-2016 8-15-11 PM.jpg 9-05-2016 8-22-21 PM.jpg 9-05-2016 8-20-50 PM.jpg 9-05-2016 8-15-49 PM.jpg 9-05-2016 8-21-34 PM.jpg

...#1... a Nicholas Courtney interview and a chance to question The Doctor... such a winning combination...
...#2... a Patrick Troughton Tribute and such a classic photo of him on the cover... just brilliant!...
...#3... William Hartnell in a classic pose and an issue on the 'Visual Effects' of the day... they would be so primitive to us today lol!...
...#4... a superb photo of Peter Davison and Facts, Features and Fiction of Doctor Who inside... all you could ask for eh?...
...#5... not only the Dalek Invasion of Earth but also The Mutants and The Planet of the Dead!... mind blowing!... lol!...

...I've had a great time in choosing those... when does it finish Meglos?... I've been away for 4 days so I am a bit behind in everything... maybe I should just bookmark the page and keep checking in methinks... thanks again Meglos... cheers.

...I've had a great time in choosing those... when does it finish Meglos?... I've been away for 4 days so I am a bit behind in everything... maybe I should just bookmark the page and keep checking in methinks... thanks again Meglos... cheers.

Don't worry, I'll keep you updated when there's a new poll, that's all so far.

Some great choices there, I picked a lot of the same.

I have a confession... I have every issue of Doctor Who Magazine. I bought my first back in 1988 (issue 137) and found many others in secondhand comic shops. More recently I filled any gaps using ebay.

Don't worry, I'll keep you updated when there's a new poll, that's all so far.

Some great choices there, I picked a lot of the same.

I have a confession... I have every issue of Doctor Who Magazine. I bought my first back in 1988 (issue 137) and found many others in secondhand comic shops. More recently I filled any gaps using ebay.

...oh my God I am so envious of you Meglos!... I'm every shade of green with envy... I understand your compassion though... I had about 200 editions of 'MAD' magazine dating back to the late 60's or early 70's I can't quite remember... when the year 2000 came I ended up selling them to a friend for a mere $100 (they would've been worth a lot more than that because they were all in near mint condition) ... I sold them just to gain more space in the house... it broke my heart to sell them but I had to be brave... and yes I do miss them... good on you for your dedication though Meglos... I so envy you as I said... and thanks for keeping me updated on that website too my friend... cheers.

...oh my God I am so envious of you Meglos!... I'm every shade of green with envy... I understand your compassion though... I had about 200 editions of 'MAD' magazine dating back to the late 60's or early 70's I can't quite remember... when the year 2000 came I ended up selling them to a friend for a mere $100 (they would've been worth a lot more than that because they were all in near mint condition) ... I sold them just to gain more space in the house... it broke my heart to sell them but I had to be brave... and yes I do miss them... good on you for your dedication though Meglos... I so envy you as I said... and thanks for keeping me updated on that website too my friend... cheers.

Collections are are a great thing, but yes they take up so much room, and in the days before internet it could seem like you would never get every issue you wanted. I had a cleanout in the 2000s too, I got rid of all the teen music magazines like Smash Hits (though I now have all the 1980s ones again), and general sci fi magazines like TV Zone amd DWB/Dreamwatch. I kept every DWM though, in plastic sleeves.
I had MAD magazines too - my dad collected them all through the late sixties and seventies and they were actually the best ones.
I also got rid of all my vinyl records in 1990 when I changed over to compact discs, which I later regretted, I could have kept both but it was a huge space issue at the time.

Collections are are a great thing, but yes they take up so much room, and in the days before internet it could seem like you would never get every issue you wanted. I had a cleanout in the 2000s too, I got rid of all the teen music magazines like Smash Hits (though I now have all the 1980s ones again), and general sci fi magazines like TV Zone amd DWB/Dreamwatch. I kept every DWM though, in plastic sleeves.
I had MAD magazines too - my dad collected them all through the late sixties and seventies and they were actually the best ones.
I also got rid of all my vinyl records in 1990 when I changed over to compact discs, which I later regretted, I could have kept both but it was a huge space issue at the time.

...I have about 250 vinyl record albums and about 150 singles too... thank god that they are now coming back in vogue again lol!... I kept them long enough to become popular again!... (I was ahead of my time lol!)... the 'MAD' magazines of the late 60's and 70's were definitely the best ones... Mort Drucker was my favourite artist... his caricatures of movie stars were always the best... those magazines taught me how to draw caricatures... such fond memories eh?... all your Dr Who mags are in plastic sleeves eh?... I have no doubt whatsoever about that somehow Meglos lol!... cheers.

...aaaaaah!... brilliant... my next favourite 5...

10-05-2016 4-37-48 PM.jpg 10-05-2016 4-43-51 PM.jpg 10-05-2016 4-38-38 PM.jpg 10-05-2016 4-39-47 PM.jpg10-05-2016 4-46-16 PM.jpg

...#1... such a classic William Hartnell pose... the fact that he became 'entranced' in his role sounds fascinating as we saw in that special a few years back and an article on Verity Lambert ... brilliant!...
...#2... Nicholas Courtney reviews his 'Unit' years... that would be such great reading alone...
...#3... Paul McGann is one of my unsung heroes... he kept the spirit of Doctor Who alive for me... he deserved so much better... I would like to see him take over from Peter Capaldi once he leaves... he's great...that interview would be brilliant!...
...#4... it was sad that Sylvester McCoy wasn't in the movie a tad bit longer but what an exit eh?... lol!...
...#5... a Paul Mcgann interview and at the bottom they consider the possible futures of Doctor Who... if only they knew eh?... lol!... if only they knew what was about to come... they could never had possibly dreamed of what was to come with the new series... we still can't imagine which direction it will take even today!... lol!... this show just keeps on giving doesn't it?... cheers.

Back