Doctor Who

373238_163592880395544_1010316880_n_normal.jpg

Louise Jameson
@Lou_Jameson
Pearl Mackie looks amazing xxx wishing her joyous times

I2QoSKfA_normal.jpeg

KatyManning OfficialVerified account
@ManningOfficial
@Pearlie_mack a huge welcome to the wonderful world of who ! I call it the DW kiss !!xxxx

qdnKKjzU_normal.jpg

Freema AgyemanVerified account
@FreemaOfficial
@Pearlie_mack
2728.png
1f4ab.png
1f3c3.png
1f4a8.png
1f47e.png
1f4a5.png
2728.png
Have fun!! Xx

-1R2Wvu8_normal.jpg

Karen GillanVerified account
@karengillan
So excited to see The Doctor has a new pal!!!!

43MVO1We_normal.jpg

Noel ClarkeVerified account
@NoelClarke
@Pearlie_mack Yo! Congrats on the the role. Enjoy the ride.

5hzpdhWD_normal.jpeg

Pearl Mackie
@Pearlie_mack
'm so excited to be the next companion on Doctor Who! Can't wait to join the family! Thank you for all the lovely messages!

They're speculating her character is from the '80s.

That could explain why she hasn't heard of Daleks, given they've invaded Earth so many times everyone should know what they are by now!

...well... the Dakeks have been on Doctor Who since the 60's so perhaps she could be from any time there onwards?... although Daleks were sort of not talked about publicly until the mid 70's because The Doctor was fighting them with just himself and his Companions and the Military on the sly for a while until the Daleks became openly known to the general public didn't they?... perhaps I'm wrong...

...it'll be great if she is from the 60's or 70's or 80's because she will be ignorant to cell phones/personal computers/the Internet/digital watches and whatever... that would be a refreshing break from the sassy technology savvy Companion that learns so fast that she can drive The Tardis just a week after joining The Doctor... that type of Companion has be flogged to death in my opinion... I'm hoping that she is actually genuinely in awe of The Tardis and has to learn about modern technology and the amazement of Time travel as we would all be if we were from back then...

...when you look at Amy/Rory/Clara/Martha and Rose for instance when they first became Companions they all fit in pretty quickly and learned to adapt very very quickly to the awesomeness of Time travelling in The Tardis... Donna not so quickly... she was more or less a bit more 'normal' in her reactions... as were Donna's dad Wilfred... they truly were 'fish-out-of-water' with their reactions as to what was happening around them... that I liked... real reactions to an obviously overwhelming experience... I really am hoping that Pearl is like that... it's so long overdue... so let her be a 'normal' Companion that reacts like we would if thrust into that situation 'The Moff'... make her more realistic this time around...

...back in the 60's when School Teachers Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright followed Susan back 'home' to The Tardis and then entered it and were completely overawed by it's awesomeness and just couldn't accept that they were actually in a Time Machine... THAT'S what made Doctor Who stand out and become the true legend of what Doctor Who was... it made you suspend belief and go along for the ride... they were ordinary people reacting to an extraordinary situation... it made you believe that it could actually be real... imagine Amy or Martha being in that situation in the early 60's and 3 or 4 episodes in were already driving The Tardis?... it would never had worked in my opinion...

...make her a real person with real reactions to her situation 'The Moff'... that may make me totally accept her as The Doctor's new Companion at least ... others may not agree but at least I would be happy lol!... here's hoping... cheers.

I agree Mr Sticky. Leela was a fantastic companion too, because she had no way to comprehend technology, so it was a genuine learning curve for her. One of my favourite scenes is where the Doctor was teaching her to play with a yo-yo, and Leela thought it was part of the magic used to keep the TARDIS going. His explanation of boxes inside bigger boxes was brilliant.
You can find anything on the internet, look what I found!
giphy.gif

I agree Mr Sticky. Leela was a fantastic companion too, because she had no way to comprehend technology, so it was a genuine learning curve for her. One of my favourite scenes is where the Doctor was teaching her to play with a yo-yo, and Leela thought it was part of the magic used to keep the TARDIS going. His explanation of boxes inside bigger boxes was brilliant.
giphy.gif

...hahaha!... brilliant!... that's such a great GIF Meglos... you are so right... Leela is the epitome of what I was saying above in my post... this is what is needed now... another Leela type innocence that is bedazzled /amazed and in total wonderment of their situation... hopefully Pearl will be just that... one can only hope can't one?... cheers.

...hahaha!... brilliant!... that's such a great GIF Meglos... you are so right... Leela is the epitome of what I was saying above in my post... this is what is needed now... another Leela type innocence that is bedazzled /amazed and in total wonderment of their situation... hopefully Pearl will be just that... one can only hope can't one?... cheers.

And hopefully Bill will be in awe of the Doctor, but absolutely not crush on him or fall in love, that's been done to death.

And hopefully Bill will be in awe of the Doctor, but absolutely not crush on him or fall in love, that's been done to death.

...amen to that Meglos... that's the last thing that needs to happen... do you hear what we're saying 'The Moff''?... cheers.

giphy.gif

Leela was perfect, the unintentional dumb blonde character
She was just FUCKING AWESOME when it came to everything else

...I remember that scene when I was sooooo much younger and it made so much sense at the time... it was one of those "Ohhhhhh!... I get it!"... moments lol!... everything fell into place so easily... I'm now realising just how much Doctor Who had such an influence in my life with my understanding of certain things and as to how it made me 'think-out-of-the-square' as to looking at things... this show just keeps on giving doesn't it?... I so love this show... cheers.

I remember Capaldi saying that he didn't want there to be any romance between his doctor and any companions.

...thank god that he said that... although the deviate side of me hopes that he gets to shag Missy!... (oh dear!... did I say that out loud?)... **naughty Sticky!... give yourself an uppercut you naughty boy!**... um... yeah!... I'll go now... cheers.

If you want you can vote for your favourite cover of Doctor Who Magazine for their 500th issue special. They are in batches of 50, and you can choose 5 from each lot of 50.
The first batch of 50 :
http://www.doctorwhomagazine.com/saudcvas/

...great article there Meglos... I chose...

9-05-2016 4-39-37 PM.jpg 9-05-2016 4-43-28 PM.jpg 9-05-2016 4-38-45 PM.jpg 9-05-2016 4-44-43 PM.jpg 9-05-2016 4-41-09 PM.jpg

...#1... 30 talking Daleks to be won?... I would've killed someone to get one of them!... a burning Dalek!... cool!...
...#2... was this the first mention of 'Unit'?... colour me intrigued!... 'flying Daleks?... not back then for sure...
...#3... the first mention of The Zygons maybe?... and now they are back all these years later!... plus a stolen Tardis!...
...#4... you can't go past a Dalek comic strip on the front cover... you just can't!... EXTERMINATE!...
...#5... 'The Dalek Slayer' and The Doctor as a living bomb!... what?... did he sit on a stick of Dynamite?...

...they're my choices Meglos... what a great bit of fun that is... great find my friend... we have to pick 5 each day from what I read... don't worry about the 'spoiler' tags Meglos... it saves time methinks!... cheers.

...in that #1st pick of mine it mentioned that you can win 30 talking Daleks... I don't have one of them but I do have a wind-up Dalek that a good friend if mine bought me for a Birthday a long time back... it's only 5 inches tall and when you wind it up it only scurries around in frantic circles for about 30 seconds but I love it!... here are some photos... (it's possible that I have posted pics of my Dalek before... if so... sorry!)... I have to admit... I glued those little semi orbs onto it to make it more authentic... there were just circles printed on it... it just didn't look right lol!... cheers.

DSC00982.JPG

DSC00983.JPG

DSC00981.JPG

DSC00984.JPG

DSC00980.JPG

Last edited:
Hello again wonderful whovians
New companion looks like a lot of fun
(and I've got a lot of catching up to do here, so many interesting posts I've missed while I've been gone)

...hey welcome back nutmeg!... great to see you again... if you haven't been here for a while there will be oodles of wibbley-wobbley timey-wimey stuff for sure to catch up on... happy times ahead for you my friend!... cheers.

Back