Skip to main content

Doctor Who

...what a great link reepbot... thanks for posting it my friend... I would love to see Captain Jack once again... perhaps as a semi-permanent companion... also The Doctors daughter Jenny reappear in a story or two but two things that stood out to me were...

Isaac Scranton: “I'd love to see the return of Susan Foreman, as an old woman who has had the terrible fate of watching her world change around her every time the Doctor makes a change to history and has become a bitter old Time Lady who's had to watch her husband and children die, change and be reborn countless times. It would be great to see the Doctor have to finally deal with the consequences faced by those he'd left behind.”

...I've been saying quite a few times on this thread that I would love to see Susan reappear into The Doctors life... especially as a companion alongside Jack Harkness would make my day big time... her being this way would make The Doctor squirm a bit for all of his past actions which would be good to watch in itself... and also...

Joseff Williams: “A companion who has been given a second chance at life. For example, a middle-aged single mother who has done nothing but cater for her kids, has never been abroad, just lived a simple life doing the washing and the cleaning, now her kids have grown up and left her she has nothing left - but then she meets the Doctor and sees life at it's fullest.”...

...now that would be great to see too... someone that has been a home-body all her life... a great concept in my books...

...another thing that would be great is to see Donna Noble come back for a few episodes whereas she has slowly had flashbacks of her time with The Doctor and accidentally bumps into him as Capaldi is leaving The Tardis... what a great episode that would be... a little bit like when Sarah Jane got angry with him for 'leaving her behind'... if ever there was a spin-off series in the making... Donna Noble with a full memory of her time with The Doctor partnered with Captain Jack with some sort of Time Travelling device would be truly awesome in my books... **sigh**... but I can only dream...

...things that I definitely don't want to see back in the show are 'The Paternoster Gang' who are as boring as Dalek shit... they so slow the storylines down and are just so unlikable to me... and also K-9... PLEASE don't bring him back... he has always been so god awfully pathetic... ALWAYS!... there are so many different ways that Doctor Who can go and that is what makes this show what it is...a multi-dimensional adventure that is capable of anything... that is what makes me love this show so much... again reepbot... thanks for that great link... cheers.

I guess I'm one of the rare Doctor Who fans who love it all! Any of the suggestions made in that article would work for me. the joy of DW is that there are infinite choices. I love River Song, K9 and the Paternoster Gang as much as Captain Jack, Susan and Donna. Perhaps my only criticism of modern DW is that they don't quite explore the possibilities of the companion being anything other than being young and extremely attractive. I love those companions too, but a bit of diversity would be great. Tom Baker always said that he wanted a larger lady like Miriam Margoyles, that would be fantastic. They seem to be willing to do it as one-offs (like Craig Owens, or the wonderful Lindsay Duncan in The Waters Of Mars. but generally the long running companions are young and attractive. Donna is perhaps seen as an exception, but really, Catherine Tate is hardly old and is very attractive anyway (not that anyone specifically says she's not, but she's certainly not an "older" actress).

...what a great link reepbot... thanks for posting it my friend... I would love to see Captain Jack once again... perhaps as a semi-permanent companion... also The Doctors daughter Jenny reappear in a story or two but two things that stood out to me were...

Isaac Scranton: “I'd love to see the return of Susan Foreman, as an old woman who has had the terrible fate of watching her world change around her every time the Doctor makes a change to history and has become a bitter old Time Lady who's had to watch her husband and children die, change and be reborn countless times. It would be great to see the Doctor have to finally deal with the consequences faced by those he'd left behind.”

...I've been saying quite a few times on this thread that I would love to see Susan reappear into The Doctors life... especially as a companion alongside Jack Harkness would make my day big time... her being this way would make The Doctor squirm a bit for all of his past actions which would be good to watch in itself... and also...

Joseff Williams: “A companion who has been given a second chance at life. For example, a middle-aged single mother who has done nothing but cater for her kids, has never been abroad, just lived a simple life doing the washing and the cleaning, now her kids have grown up and left her she has nothing left - but then she meets the Doctor and sees life at it's fullest.”...

...now that would be great to see too... someone that has been a home-body all her life... a great concept in my books...

...another thing that would be great is to see Donna Noble come back for a few episodes whereas she has slowly had flashbacks of her time with The Doctor and accidentally bumps into him as Capaldi is leaving The Tardis... what a great episode that would be... a little bit like when Sarah Jane got angry with him for 'leaving her behind'... if ever there was a spin-off series in the making... Donna Noble with a full memory of her time with The Doctor partnered with Captain Jack with some sort of Time Travelling device would be truly awesome in my books... **sigh**... but I can only dream...

...things that I definitely don't want to see back in the show are 'The Paternoster Gang' who are as boring as Dalek shit... they so slow the storylines down and are just so unlikable to me... and also K-9... PLEASE don't bring him back... he has always been so god awfully pathetic... ALWAYS!... there are so many different ways that Doctor Who can go and that is what makes this show what it is...a multi-dimensional adventure that is capable of anything... that is what makes me love this show so much... again reepbot... thanks for that great link... cheers.

Agree on k9. He was really bad. Even watching the old series where certain mistakes could be forgiven due to the charm of the show that clunk of scrap metal stood out like a shark on a subway.

I was watching Inferno last night. Great story. Makes me want to see more 'Doctor gets more and more frustrated by stubborn and stupid humans/aliens who don't realise that their actions are causing harm to their planet.'

Things I would like to see in series 10.

- Captain Jack.

- Capaldi's appearance in the 50th Anniversary episode explained.

- Missy (working alone or with daleks? I keep seeing this image in my head of the doctor being forced to walk this mountain track by these daleks in the middle of the pouring rain.)

- A companion who is not special, but who is ordinary and can stand up to the doctor.

- Scary daleks. Imagine a dalek lurking in the dark. It can not speak. The only sound you hear is the whirl of the wheels.

- An episode, or a two parter. First one the doctor lands on a planet and helps a bunch of rebels overthrow a cruel tyrant. In the next episode he lands on the same planet but fifty years later and discovers that his actions in helping the rebels has lead that world into a worse position then it already was.

I'd like a companion that's not from the present day. Maybe an unconnected pair of companions. Well, really just a break from modern-day Englishwoman with attitude dynamic.

Considering that the upcoming series will be Moffat's last I wonder if we will see Capaldi and Smith together in an episode or two. Maybe even Tennant? You know the sort of episode where the threat is too grest for just one doctor to deal with?

I'm nearing the end of the Troughton era in my marathon. Doing The Seeds Of Death now.
I've enjoyed every second of every episode. (Well give or take a few wobbly giant ants, but that's all part of it).

...I'm just loving those links that you posted reepbot... I loved this especially... cheers.
If they were to write an adventure for their Doctor, where would he go?

“Maybe there is a story in the early days of The Beatles; maybe there is a good story there,” said Tennant. “That’s what I’d do, he’d go to The Cavern to see The Beatles before they got famous.”

“Maybe he wrote all of their songs,” suggested Smith. “He just picks some random guy walking down the street and goes, ‘Hey man, you want to be in a band?’”

I'm nearing the end of the Troughton era in my marathon. Doing The Seeds Of Death now.
I've enjoyed every second of every episode. (Well give or take a few wobbly giant ants, but that's all part of it).

Are you going to start the Pertwee era straight afterwards? The whole UNIT family/ Masters era? Pertwee's first season has to lay claim to being one of if not the best season of Doctor Who both classic and new.

Are you going to start the Pertwee era straight afterwards? The whole UNIT family/ Masters era? Pertwee's first season has to lay claim to being one of if not the best season of Doctor Who both classic and new.

Yes, it's a complete marathon of every episode, in order. I've seen almost everything before, but not in chronological order.
I agree that Pertwee's first season is a classic, and Liz Shaw is an extremely underrated companion too.

Lol. Smith's comments reminded me of that tv show 'Goodnight Sweetheart' where Gary Sparrow would go back to London during the second world war and pretend that he was a singer-song writer by playing Beatles songs.

...haha!... that was one of my favourite shows at the time... stealing all those songs was always hilarious for me... I wonder what Paul McCartney thought of the show while watching it... I bet he found it funny too... I always liked his best mate in it... especially when he managed to go back to WWII with him lol!... such a great show... cheers.

Yes, it's a complete marathon of every episode, in order. I've seen almost everything before, but not in chronological order.
I agree that Pertwee's first season is a classic, and Liz Shaw is an extremely underrated companion too.

...I kind of didn't like Pertwee's portrayal of The Doctor too much because I found him to be too flambouyant and 'foppish' for my liking... he just seemed to be too 'dandy' for me... the same with Colin Baker... way too camp for me... each to their own I guess... cheers.

...I kind of didn't like Pertwee's portrayal of The Doctor too much because I found him to be too flambouyant and 'foppish' for my liking... he just seemed to be too 'dandy' for me... the same with Colin Baker... way too camp for me... each to their own I guess... cheers.

Yes I can see your point there too. I like all Doctors, but Third and Sixth are not in my top half of favourites. Pertwee was known for being a "mother hen" both in character and in person. Season Seven (his first) is great though, and very gritty and non-camp, which some of his later stories tended towards.

...haha!... that was one of my favourite shows at the time... stealing all those songs was always hilarious for me... I wonder what Paul McCartney thought of the show while watching it... I bet he found it funny too... I always liked his best mate in it... especially when he managed to go back to WWII with him lol!... such a great show... cheers.

Ron!

Yeah he was very foppish wasn't he. Surely the most arrogant Doctor that there has been so far. I liked him because of his interactions with UNIT. Someone who views themselves as a pacifist, who doesn't hesitate to loudly remind everyone how much he hates the military, working with the army.

Back