Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

The polices if anyone wants to compare what the main two parties are saying they will do.

Vote compass is back and is also a useful tool to see where you align with the major parties:

…wow rj90…that’s a great link… thanks for supplying it… here’s how I fared in the Survey…

F1157C6A-E4B4-447E-BEE6-F98A5274CBFF.jpeg

…well I guess we all know how I’m going to vote lol!… go Albo!… lol!… cheers.

Interesting. Althought I did click, "I don't know" for quite a few. Probably tipped this way because I don't mind the royals and think we need less immigration. Not for racist reasons, just practical ones. Like we are driving down wages and increasing housing costs so Gerry Harvey can sell more toasters.

Has anyone got a link to a website that shows the ballots for each electorate? My google skills are failing me. There used to be a website Below the Line or something like that which was really useful to figure out your voting preferences.

1f6a50b5a3742cb09de0ac9fbe317f97.png

…Scott Morrison said about the impending Interest Rates hike today… “do you want to trust a Government (Liberal) that has blah blah blah or want to try an untested or untried Government (Labour) blah blah blah…”… perhaps we do Scomo… perhaps we do… again Scomo… you are deflecting any blame whatsoever onto YOUR GOVERNMENT for the price hike you maggot… just for once own up to it and do something about it rather than trying to worm your way out of it you turd… while answering the question your eyes were blinking rapidly… moreso than usual… all liars blink rapidly when shit is dribbling out of their mouths… you so need to go…

…there is a Liberal Ad that keeps saying… “it won’t be easy… under Albonese”… wow!… it rhymes!… how clever… NOT!… I’d like to change it to… “Scomo is sleazy… not Albonese”… wow that rhymes too!… well how about that eh?… there you go Labour… please feel free to use it… my pleasure… you’re going down this time Scomo you maggot… cheers.

Whilst not directly politically related, gotta love how the RBA announces the rate hike at 2:30, and 3 of the big 4 banks have increased their variable rates by 5pm. When the rate drops, they take months to pass it on. Fucking grubs.

Whoever wins the election is going to have a huge task to battle inflation and reduce the cost of living, whilst the cash rate keeps increasing. If its Labor, they'll get smashed by the same old 'can't manage the economy' bullshit that the Libs love to spin. If its the Libs, the media will give them a free pass and talk about how tough it is to lead in such a challenging environment.

Poor Albo, he's a bit of a dud, but fuck the media love to give it to him.

…you know what it boils down to me basically?…

… Albanese comes across to me as being an awkward…. stumbling often fumbling for words nervous type of speaker that does admit at times that he can’t quite remember all the facts that are needed at the time of saying it but at least he acknowledges his flaws and then keeps trundling through it until he gets the information out in the end… he sometimes loses his temper at times while speaking but won’t be swayed off track until he finishes getting his point across… he is flawed… but I actually like that about him… he is not a polished speaker but at least he is passionate about it…

…Morrison on the other hand is a greasy slimy smooth talking con artist car salesman type of greaseball that slowly tries to talk his way out of any situation by using deflection towards anyone else around him so as not to a accept any responsibility whatsoever… he steals accolades and glory from others that deserve it more…. he has a well rehearsed response for every sticky situation around him… never accepts any genuine criticism or fault about him… never genuinely apologises to anyone…

…I used to work for a scum bucket like that… he was such a vile person… he got caught out by Management eventually and was humiliated and finally sacked … good riddance to a shitball… (I’m happy to say… I did have some input into that end result… such a joyous time believe me)… all I hope is that my one vote against Morrison has the same effect… here’s hoping… cheers.

Whilst not directly politically related, gotta love how the RBA announces the rate hike at 2:30, and 3 of the big 4 banks have increased their variable rates by 5pm. When the rate drops, they take months to pass it on. Fucking grubs.

Whoever wins the election is going to have a huge task to battle inflation and reduce the cost of living, whilst the cash rate keeps increasing. If its Labor, they'll get smashed by the same old 'can't manage the economy' bullshit that the Libs love to spin. If its the Libs, the media will give them a free pass and talk about how tough it is to lead in such a challenging environment.

Poor Albo, he's a bit of a dud, but fuck the media love to give it to him.
…well said rj90… and so true… good onya my friend… cheers. 👍🙂

Alison Langdon on the Today Show raised a very valid point today:

"The problem is you've had nine years in power and you're starting to look wobbly on what have been two of your strongest issues, which is the economy and national security," Langdon hit back.

The LNP generally only have 2 things that they LOVE to preach about and highlight as a weakness for Labor - National Security & The Economy. Interestingly these are their 2 biggest downfalls at the moment, and will probably cost them the election. Whilst some of this is beyond their control (Covid, Ukraine / Russia conflict, etc) the BIGGEST issue is that they simply refuse to acknowledge they could have done something differently or better. It's always someone else's fault, and they're just doing their job and spinning the 'But hey, if Labor was in charge, imagine how fucked you'd be? Lucky you have us' rhetoric.

I think that is the biggest issue that most Australians have with the current government. The complete lack of transparency, self awareness or ability to accept responsibility is revolting. The current mob have had 9 years to make this country better, and they've failed miserably in my opinion. Are Labor any better? Probs not. But I think I'm prepared to take a chance on Albo to find out.

Are Labor any better? Probs not. But I think I'm prepared to take a chance on Albo to find out.

This attitude is part of the problem. Under Rudd we survived the global financial crisis, has movement on climate change and had forward-thinking policies which helped save the economy during COVID, thanks to the NBN.

The Liberals do shit all. Then every now and then Labor gets in and gives us something like Medicare. Modernises the economy. Then we get the Libs who sit around doing nothing. As demonstrated by Morrison who has done NOTHING.

…oh I forgot… we used to call my ex boss F.I.G.J.A.M… it stands for… fuck I’m good just ask me… funny thing is… once all of the other managers heard the name… they all called him that behind his back too lol!… talk about sweet justice… love it!… lol!… cheers.

This attitude is part of the problem. Under Rudd we survived the global financial crisis, has movement on climate change and had forward-thinking policies which helped save the economy during COVID, thanks to the NBN.

The Liberals do shit all. Then every now and then Labor gets in and gives us something like Medicare. Modernises the economy. Then we get the Libs who sit around doing nothing. As demonstrated by Morrison who has done NOTHING.

Completely agree, and despite all the fuckery that came with the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd debacle, there was some actually decent policy and legislation being passed. I could be wrong, but didn't the Gillard government pass more legislation than any other? And did so with a Hung Parliament too. Gillard was a very underrated PM in my opinion.

Scomo on the other hand, has literally done fuck all in the past 3 years.

My comments this time refer to the current offerings. There really isn't too much that separates the LNP and Labor at the moment in regards to policy. They're probably the most similar they've been in years and neither is bringing to the table a standout policy or promise that the other isn't (with the exception of Labor confirming a Federal ICAC and the LNP not, because you know, they're corrupt). Previous Labor Governments / Oppositions have been far more forward thinking than this one.

didn't the Gillard government pass more legislation than any other? And did so with a Hung Parliament too. Gillard was a very underrated PM in my opinion.
Gillard's government passed more than 300 pieces of legislation and never once lost a vote on the floor of the Reps. Unlike the current government, I might add. But everyone was too busy criticising her hair, clothes, body shape, voice, partner etc...

Gillard's government passed more than 300 pieces of legislation and never once lost a vote on the floor of the Reps. Unlike the current government, I might add. But everyone was too busy criticising her hair, clothes, body shape, voice, partner etc...
Gillard seemed to me to be a very effective PM (despite a few wobbles). I agree, very underrated. Got heaps of policy through, and on complex topics, and without the majority. Brilliant negotiator. And honest. Not self serving. (AND she has a sense of humour. Unlike most of those humourless smug ones that seem to be about now…).

…**opens door of room and throws in a hand grenade**… “why don’t we all just vote for Clive Palmer to piss all of the other Politicians off?… imagine Australia in 3 years time?”… lol!… **closes door and waits for the explosion** 💥👀🥸🤓😇😂 … cheers.

Last edited:
Back