Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

I know no one cares but let's just look at what the propaganda machine is telling us.

What are they telling us will happen?

I know I read like the covid people I argued with.

We are being told that we must accept world war three. Propaganda is pushing that without the consequences or explanation.

What is the propaganda telling us?

To expect a nuclear or biological incident.

It will be Russia's fault. We have been told that can only happen by one side.

More bullshit like with Syria.

This creates imperious for the other side to do it.\\

Which our media will lie about. See Syria and the OPCW leaks.

We are in insane times.

Deescalate.

…I can never back a Prime Minister that doesn’t win the position by being elected by the public… Scomo became Prime Minister by beheading a fellow Liberal… so he deserves whatever happens to him in the next election… even if he got back in by miraculously being voted in by the public… I still won’t back him… he’s done the initial act of betrayal once before… a Leopard doesn’t change it’s spots… bye Scomo (I hope anyway)… cheers.

…I can never back a Prime Minister that doesn’t win the position by being elected by the public… Scomo became Prime Minister by beheading a fellow Liberal… so he deserves whatever happens to him in the next election… even if he got back in by miraculously being voted in by the public… I still won’t back him… he’s done the initial act of betrayal once before… a Leopard doesn’t change it’s spots… bye Scomo (I hope anyway)… cheers.
Scott was voted back in at the last election. He's legit, unfortunately.

The Rudd - Gillard - Rudd then Abbott - Turnbull era of Australian politics is shameful.
Whatever else you think of ScoMo’s leadership… his take over was a little different. It was Dutton who tried to roll Turnbull, after that failed Dutton forced Turnbull to take them to a second vote and Turnbull stood down, So Scomo stood against Dutton.
So I don’t think Scomo actually knifed the sitting PM like Gillard, Rudd and Turnbull did.
I’m glad both parties have changed rules to prevent this happening going forward.

The Rudd - Gillard - Rudd then Abbott - Turnbull era of Australian politics is shameful.
Whatever else you think of ScoMo’s leadership… his take over was a little different. It was Dutton who tried to roll Turnbull, after that failed Dutton forced Turnbull to take them to a second vote and Turnbull stood down, So Scomo stood against Dutton.
So I don’t think Scomo actually knifed the sitting PM like Gillard, Rudd and Turnbull did.
I’m glad both parties have changed rules to prevent this happening going forward.
I live in a very strange part of Canada where from 1971 until 2015 my province was ruled by a single party. So this kind of thing isn’t uncommon but not really a big deal as the party was going to stay in power no matter what. The party that took over was in power until 2019 when they were ousted by what is essentially just a rebrand of the previous government (two rival parties merged to eliminate direct competition).

Our current incompetent Premier is facing a leadership review very soon that he’s likely going to lose. As far as I’m concerned if the party leader loses the confidence of their caucus they can change leaders but they should also have to face a general election if they’re the leading party.

Since the start of the pandemic, all States & Territories have had an election, except NSW. Scomo seemed to be riding this 'no one wants change during a pandemic' bullshit for a couple years now, and used the re-election of said Premiers & Chief Ministers as evidence.

Personally, I don't think the sentiment of 'no one wants change' is accurate. All the SA Election did was cement that people have had a gutful of the LNP. I'm sure if there was an election is NSW today, Dom would be out too. (Interestingly though, if Gladys was still Premier, I feel she would be re-elected).

I saw a poll conducted in SA that said something to the affect of 'Steven Marshall belongs to the same Political Party as Scott Morrison. Does this make you more or less likely to vote from him? 49.5% of those polled said less likely, and the election results speak for themselves.

I think the biggest question will be who replaces Scomo as leader of the Coalition if (when) he loses the election? Lord fucking help us if it's Dutton.

So Scotty has finally called the election.
40 days and 40 nights of campaigning. Poor us.

How is this going to play out? Labor landslide? Or possibly a hung Parliament?

How is this going to play out? Labor landslide? Or possibly a hung Parliament?

Scotty will win with his campaign of;

"Yes I know I'm an unlikeable, untrusted cunt, but it's not about me. It's about you. As a Government, we have constantly fucked up but they could have been worse. So you know the level at which we fuck up. You can't risk that Labor's fuck ups won't be worse than ours."

It will somehow work because lots of people's attitudes will be, "eh my life's not complete shit, just more of the same." Pay no attention and what little info they passively absorb will be skewed in favour of Morrison by our stupid, Murdoch dominated media.

I gotta say, Morrison is such an inept piece of fucking work, but he certainly knows how to speak well and deflect from answering questions.

Albo doesn't exactly strike me as an inspiring leader or a great PM.

What a shame we're getting absolute fucking duds to chose between.

I gotta say, Morrison is such an inept piece of fucking work, but he certainly knows how to speak well and deflect from answering questions.

Albo doesn't exactly strike me as an inspiring leader or a great PM.

What a shame we're getting absolute fucking duds to chose between.
Have to say Jason Clare would be so much better than Albo. Penny Wong would be amazing if she wanted the gig (and switched from the Senate to the Reps). Even Bill Shorten was better than Albo, unfortunately. Labor has a lot of talent so I really don't understand why they put Albo up.

Have to say Jason Clare would be so much better than Albo. Penny Wong would be amazing if she wanted the gig (and switched from the Senate to the Reps). Even Bill Shorten was better than Albo, unfortunately. Labor has a lot of talent so I really don't understand why they put Albo up.

Penny would be great. I also thought Tanya Plibersek would have been a good choice.
It's odd the Labor Party let Albo run for the leadership unopposed. Almost like they were all too scared.

I think a hung parliament seems most likely at this stage, I can't see either party getting 76 seats at this point in time.

Also, I'd never come across this before, but I found it very interesting. Basically this site shows what politicians most often and least often vote for:

Looking at the things Scomo consistently votes against:

- Same sex marriage equality
- Transgender rights
- Reproductive Bodily autonomy
- Increasing legal protections for LGBTI people
- Increasing political transparency
- Increasing consumer protections
- A royal commission into violence and abuse against people with Disability.

LOL - what a fucking germ.

Back