Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

I think socially we actually have a left-wing bias in this country! Have a centre-right opinion in a casual conversation about politics and see what happens.

When I was a bit younger you could say I was a rusted-on Labor supporter. When you mention a conversation about politics I can certainly say I had a couple of friends that well supported the Liberals and after many heated arguments I no longer have them as friends. Yes it can get really nasty and you can lose friendships over damn politics, for the record the last time I voted for Labor both on state and federal level would have been around the time when Julia Gillard became the labor leader after knifing Kevin Rudd. I last voted for Labor when Julia Gillard was the leader and she won that election (was it after it was a hung parliament and she had to negotiate to win some extra seats? can't quite remember now).

Anyway I have since then never voted for Labor again on state and federal level and I have never voted for the Liberals, I just vote for any independent candidates since then and I still do to this day.

Cheers!

No definately not, I usually read these articles in a free local Melbourne rag, and to prove a point the editor of this rag has a dislike for Scomo, so i'm assuming it's certainly not Murdoch news sources?. We also got a local "Greens" councillor here and we used to sometimes receive some information from the previous councillor who was a past Labor candidate then turned independant. I would have to say the the previous councillor was a much better person for the job than the current good for nothing never hear from again useless "Greens" councillor. It's not a one off story that this local rag has criticized "greens" councillors around Melbourne. It's been an ongoing thing I have been reading for the last 6 months or so.

Let's just say I never voted for a local "greens" councillor (and never will), also I don't know why even local councils have become some sort of battleground for political parties, I tell you it's like a federal election on a local council level... :rolleyes:
Holy moly I didn't think there was much print media out there that wasn't Murdoch controlled now days! Pleased you can find something lol. My local council is corrupt as hell - seems like it would be a great breeding ground for people getting into federal politics!

I think socially we actually have a left-wing bias in this country! Have a centre-right opinion in a casual conversation about politics and see what happens.
We are run currently by a party that would call themselves a centre right party, and they still may get back into power. For this to happen there must be a lot of people that support the centre right out there. Maybe people you know who are don't like to say so for some reason?

We are run currently by a party that would call themselves a centre right party, and they still may get back into power. For this to happen there must be a lot of people that support the centre right out there. Maybe people you know who are don't like to say so for some reason?
How people are in conversations doesn't always match how they'll vote. That's what I'm trying to say. If you go by casual conversations about politics you'd think it would be a landslide win for the left. Socially it seems more favourable to align yourself with that side even though not everyone actually wants to vote that way. Curious why that is

How people are in conversations doesn't always match how they'll vote. That's what I'm trying to say. If you go by casual conversations about politics you'd think it would be a landslide win for the left. Socially it seems more favourable to align yourself with that side even though not everyone actually wants to vote that way. Curious why that is
It is a weird peer pressure or guilt thing maybe? I don’t get it.

The channel 7 debate felt like a game show.

I turned off after a while because everything that excreted itself from Scuntt Horrorsin's mouth was a debunkable lie. What a cunt.

I've had enough of both labor and liberal. I'm voting for United Australia Party or Independents.....Just something else for a change.

I've had enough of both labor and liberal. I'm voting for United Australia Party or Independents.....Just something else for a change.
Better to vote for independents than that arsehole billionaire who doesn't have anyone's interests at heart but his own. And he's a crook too, ripping off his employees.

You still have to decide who to preference over the other with the main parties. If you're just following how to vote cards, then you still should check. In most electorates you really don't have a choice of electing anyone but a major party, so you still need to make a decision on it.

…I’m so fucking sick and rired of that Liberals Ad “there’s a hole in your budget dear Labour dear Labour”… sung to tune of “there’s a hole in your bucket”… do the makers of that Ad think that… even in their wildest dreams … that ANYONE would find it helpful to hold onto power any longer?… seriously… whoever made up that commercial should be dragged off to Parliament and be publicly flogged on the lawn of Parliament House for subjecting us to it!… I have a version of that song for you Scomo…

🎶 You are fucked dear Liberals dear Liberals dear Liberals
you are fucked dear Liberals you’re going to hell!
why am I fucked asks Scomo asks Scomo asks Scomo
why am I fucked asks Scomo why am I fucked?
because you’re a maggot dear Scomo dear Scomo dear Scomo
you’re a maggot dear Scomo and your policies suck! 🎶

🎶 how can I fix it dear voter dear voter dear voter
how can I fix it dear voter dear voter please how?
too late you fucking moron you moron you moron
too late you moron you moron too late!
suck shit dear Scomo dear Scomo dear Scomo
suck shit you moron you moron it’s way too late! 🎶

🎶 but I don’t wanna go dear voter dear voter dear voter
I don’t wanna go dear voter my ego won’t stand it!
should’ve thought of that you fuckwit you fuckwit you fuckwit
should’ve thought of it fuckwit you’ve had several years
I’ll change dear voter dear voter dear voter
I’ll change dear voter dear voter I’ll change! 🎶

🎶 into what dear Scomo dear Scomo dear Scomo
into what dear Scomo dear Scomo a Snake?
now fuck off dear Scomo dear Scomo dear Scomo
fuck off dear Scomo dear Scomo fuck off
don’t come back you maggot you maggot you maggot
fuck off you scumbag and don’t dare come back! 🎶

…well there you have it… I’ll be happy to see the end of him… and that fucking song!… cheers.

…I’m so fucking sick and rired of that Liberals Ad “there’s a hole in your budget dear Labour dear Labour”… sung to tune of “there’s a hole in your bucket”… do the makers of that Ad think that… even in their wildest dreams … that ANYONE would find it helpful to hold onto power any longer?… seriously… whoever made up that commercial should be dragged off to Parliament and be publicly flogged on the lawn of Parliament House for subjecting us to it!… I have a version of that song for you Scomo…

🎶 You are fucked dear Liberals dear Liberals dear Liberals
you are fucked dear Liberals you’re going to hell!
why am I fucked asks Scomo asks Scomo asks Scomo
why am I fucked asks Scomo why am I fucked?
because you’re a maggot dear Scomo dear Scomo dear Scomo
you’re a maggot dear Scomo and your policies suck! 🎶

🎶 how can I fix it dear voter dear voter dear voter
how can I fix it dear voter dear voter please how?
too late you fucking moron you moron you moron
too late you moron you moron too late!
suck shit dear Scomo dear Scomo dear Scomo
suck shit you moron you moron it’s way too late! 🎶

🎶 but I don’t wanna go dear voter dear voter dear voter
I don’t wanna go dear voter my ego won’t stand it!
should’ve thought of that you fuckwit you fuckwit you fuckwit
should’ve thought of it fuckwit you’ve had several years
I’ll change dear voter dear voter dear voter
I’ll change dear voter dear voter I’ll change! 🎶

🎶 into what dear Scomo dear Scomo dear Scomo
into what dear Scomo dear Scomo a Snake?
now fuck off dear Scomo dear Scomo dear Scomo
fuck off dear Scomo dear Scomo fuck off
don’t come back you maggot you maggot you maggot
fuck off you scumbag and don’t dare come back! 🎶

…well there you have it… I’ll be happy to see the end of him… and that fucking song!… cheers.
1*Fz1kBPU_imA_z7s9hg9HPg.jpeg

lol at ScoMo going from, "you know I'm shit, but you don't know if he is worse. So go with the devil you know." Now switching to, "yes I am shit, but I will change."

So he's now admitting we need change, away from him. Yet saying the solution is him.

OK well it's done. Posted my voting papers off to the embassy. It's in the hopper! Good luck to everyone who wants a change of government. And for those who don't, too bad the Coalition has squandered three terms (and squilliions of dollars in the process). Goodbye to your lying, thieving, rorting rabble of a government.

…I knew that Russia was doing bad in the Ukraine and that Russian soldiers moral was very low and now I now know why… from the Aljazeera news website ( which is usually accurate in their News ) I saw this table of Russian losses…

ED8F3F3E-9E8B-4AFE-846D-BAB98F36F55B.jpeg

…to say that I was shocked is an understatement… I wonder how Putin is explaining away the body count alone despite the loss of Military hardware… he banned News reports of the losses on Russian TV as well as closing the Internet so that the general population won’t hear of how crap they are doing but how can he explain the high body count to them?… I said to my sweet darling wife the other day that I think that Putin will be gone by my birthday on the 30th June this year… do you know what?… I reckon that I may be right…

…I think that the Ukranian Army will be victorious by Christmas and that Russia will be humiliated and will hold their heads down in shame… the News will eventually filter through to the general population through word of mouth because they will be wondering as to why everything is getting scarce now and they’ll be asking what the fuck has happened to make McDonalds close up and leave…

…I think that the Russian people themselves ( who I have a lot of time for… they are nice people ) will turn on the Military ( if there are any of them left ) and will have a sort of mini revolution and get rid of them… and that this badly shit run Ukraine War may be the death of Putin hopefully… cheers.

Incredible isn't it? Russia (or be it the Soviet Union then) only lost 15,000 in the Afghanistan war which ran for nine years 1979-1989.

…I’ll be sooooooo happy to vote on Saturday… just to know that we’ll never have to hear that fucking ‘there’s a hole in your budget’ song ever again!… when the Liberals lose the election… I will completely blame it on that miserable fucked shit song!… I fucking hate that song!… cheers.

Back