Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

Assumptions? You can laugh at my post. Thats fine. Im just saying its not really the time of laughter for me. And judging by your heartfelt posts I dont think you are laughing much either.

I am not laughing but if I don’t laugh, I am going to cry. So need to keep positive in this incredibly toxic negative state.

I do wonder if there was a strong leader, a leader with charisma, and nous to get the job done in power as PM if all this would have happened? It may have because the state leaders may just have been too unable to unify, but it would have been good if we had a PM who even attempted to in this situation. Don't ask me who that person would be as I am not sure we have anyone in federal government who shows that kind of leadership capability under crisis.
Its our political system largely constructed and now played out to a race of two parties. We are sailing dangerously close to the abhorrent american model.
The disassociation between state and feds has been an issue for quite some time. Its just more glaring when under attack due to the pandemic.
Its partisan first. Fix the problem second.

Its our political system largely constructed and now played out to a race of two parties. We are sailing dangerously close to the abhorrent american model.
The disassociation between state and feds has been an issue for quite some time. Its just more glaring when under attack due to the pandemic.
Its partisan first. Fix the problem second.
Having not grown up here (and not being able to vote here) I have not really paid much attention until it has been so in my face I cannot ignore it, and then it frustrates me. I cannot understand how it does not frustrate/enrage every voter in Australia to the point of changing this very broken system.

I do wonder if there was a strong leader, a leader with charisma, and nous to get the job done in power as PM if all this would have happened? It may have because the state leaders may just have been too unable to unify, but it would have been good if we had a PM who even attempted to in this situation. Don't ask me who that person would be as I am not sure we have anyone in federal government who shows that kind of leadership capability under crisis.
Peta Credlin should be that person.

"I run rings about you for intelligence"

LOL

Now you see where my sig area comes from? LOL

tumblr_n1gh2tBqY71qg5ea1o1_500.gifv

My opinion of the premiers.

Dan Andrews - should step down. I don't understand why he is so popular. When you've had 6 lockdowns isn't that an obvious sign something might be wrong?

Annastacia Palaszczuk - When she speaks she sounds like a teacher, not Premier. I can't take her seriously.

McGowan - Strong leader but not convinced he has a longterm realistic strategy with managing this pandemic. Good luck if WA stays this isolated in 2022.

SA, Tasmania - I barely know who they are. Not really relevant.
This probably sums up the state of things all round in SA - from councils to state government.

Back