Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

View attachment 54586
Went up overnight in Hosier Lane

I dont condone the egging itself ... however Anning didn’t just slap him once ... he then went in for more and his thugs had the kid in a headlock
this is a minor we’re talking about
the initial slap could be consider a normal self defensive reaction ... everything that folowed is not

For him to say his mother should have slapped him a lot earlier ... can he just keep piling it on??!!

a crowdfunding page for the boy is up to around $40000 (initially started to cover any legal costs he might encounter if charged) but he’s apparently donating it to those affected in Christchurch
Yes, what followed was really harsh.
If the money goes where he says it's going, all and well.
Sounds like he might have leaned something from this ... hopefully!

Perhaps we should try voting for a comedian like Ukraine ........some of our comedians are rather clever, can't be worse than Scomo

Who do we believe/trust????

Unsurprisingly a foreigner......can we steal her please? And WTF Hanson has people -arguably not quite humans her mad followers & Clives
Look how many women top the list, move over boys

13284234-7009595-image-a-67_1557393172532.jpg

Who do we believe/trust????

Unsurprisingly a foreigner......can we steal her please? And WTF Hanson has people -arguably not quite humans her mad followers & Clives
Look how many women top the list, move over boys

13284234-7009595-image-a-67_1557393172532.jpg
Inexplicable that Pauline can score so highly. Where was this from?

Reactions: kxk
Anyone one else working for the AEC during this election???

I love doing this, we have such a great system, and thus the atmosphere is generally jolly.
Unlike poor USA, that sounds so miserable and designed to stop people bothering to vote
Love being part of our democracy in action.....the pay has improved, and I got a promotion from ordinary name checker to declaration officer.
Anyone in Goldstein/Hampton?
(not my electorate, but close enough)

I applied but never heard anything back so I withdrew my application. Never applying for one of those again.

They can be a bit slack timing wise, I only got an offer Friday, lady at training last night had just got an offer that day
My application I had in before the election was even announced
Helps if you have done it before.....and I doubt they check back too far if you fibbed a bit
I didn't fib for my first application years ago, but I got an offer as I did some minor local election stuff as a teenager, through my big sis who worked for the Council.
And there would be no way to check, and kind of weird they let anyone under 18 do anything

Well I think Labor let their lead go their head, and went too big on their tax policies. They were only ever going to lose votes on the franking credits change. And if they’d kept things more on par with the LNP they could’ve blunted a lot of the scare mongering. A little more pragmatism required.

At least Clive Palmer has won absolutely nothing, but his deal with the LNP, and him focussing his attack on Labor, may have swung a few seats.

Looks like the coaliton has won the election.

hopefully Bill Shorten will be replaced as Labor leader.

He has said he’s stepping down, so yes.

it is an exhausting day if you just want to casually look at social media, with commentary from both sides.

I wonder if people still remembered how bill shorten helped to knife kevin rudd and then julia gillard all those years ago?

Back