Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

Newspoll out. The honeymoon is over.

Two Party Preferred ALP: 56 Coalition: 44
Better PM: Shorten 39 Morrison: 33
ALP would pick up 31 seats.

4a4.gif

I see you 👀 liking and lurking @derspatz! You joined Bernardi's mob yet or still with the Nats?

Reactions: kxk
My feeling is the current lack of political leadership security (i.e from Rudd onwards) is cause by several factors:
  • 24 hour news cycle
  • Social media
  • Too many bloody polls. Seriously Newspoll every other week?
  • RWNJs via Sky News, Murdoch press and shock jocks on (ahem, Fairfax-owned) 2GB
Combined, these megaphone the views of a minority and create crises where they never actually existed. And this is where we find ourselves.

voldermort/dutton is on my screen, muted - no interest in his lies
But, that mask face.......fuck he is weird

Points noted.....
NO EXPRESSION................none, zero, EVER,
he has not a single expression line or anything
The blank face is a total wipe-out, it is soooooooooo creepy, Voldermort is a blank egg

It would appear this guy has never felt an emotion,for there is usually some trace of that, not here, blank egg

The teeth/mouth, last week when he tried to smile, twas hilarious
And now, I notice he has problems with his mouth, it twitches, he rolls his tongue about, and it really seems he has denture problems

Hurry up and bring on the LANDSLIDE coming your way dimlibs

And while I am here.....do not let that bad smell Steve Bannon soil our shores.....fuckwit imagines a right wing revolution coming here
NEVER
Our souls are rebels, our heros are anti heroes, ie Ned Kelly, we are nothing like Americans
We have universal health care, make us communists in Bannon's theory of life....ie way more left than right
And, we live in Asia, China isn't seen as the devil.....by everyone

New PM sucks, and is a lying prick
He was just on Project.....pretending Dutton is an innocent soul
And when your government sucks this bad, we need a new section in the constitution,
when they are this fucked up, WE CITIZENS should have an emergency clause allowing US to bring on an election
WE CITIZENS ,,,,,,no confidence vote, you are OUT

So do we have our popcorn ready for tomorrow's Wentworth by-election? Should be a good one.

I so do. I suspect the Libs will somehow hold on to Wentworth unless enough people realise that Kerryn Phelps is the only viable alternative. Labor cannot win. And if they did they would probably lose it back to the Libs at the next election (in May? Or sooner). Phelps would likely hold it if she wins it now, so for the meantime it makes sense to have an independent on the cross bench who isn't a raving right wing loony, to keep them in check.

Popcorn: check.
Beer: check.

I so do. I suspect the Libs will somehow hold on to Wentworth unless enough people realise that Kerryn Phelps is the only viable alternative. Labor cannot win. And if they did they would probably lose it back to the Libs at the next election (in May? Or sooner). Phelps would likely hold it if she wins it now, so for the meantime it makes sense to have an independent on the cross bench who isn't a raving right wing loony, to keep them in check.

Popcorn: check.
Beer: check.

I am aiming high and hoping the Libs will lose but 18% is a massive margin. I will settle for a massive swing however.

Back