Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

Well I've just given away the most obvious dates, so, not sure about that!
Obvious to you (someone with foresight and commonsense) may not be obvious to politicians (who lately seem to be lacking in both). Hey, maybe Hans should stand for election.

Reactions: kxk
Well I've just given away the most obvious dates, so, not sure about that!
Yeah, well there really aren't many sensible dates to choose from anyway. Unless there is another crisis I can't see an election happening until next May. Although there is Malcolm's by election to consider.

Yeah, well there really aren't many sensible dates to choose from anyway. Unless there is another crisis I can't see an election happening until next May. Although there is Malcolm's by election to consider.
The LNP is completely unprepared for a general election (ALP has already preselected for all 20 of Libs' most marginal seats, whereas the Libs have only preselected for one of Labor's). So yeah, unless the government falls due to a no-confidence motion (during Malcolm's absence pre-byelection, or if the High Court rules Dutton ineligible) then I would agree they will leave it until the last possible date: Saturday 18 May.

The LNP is completely unprepared for a general election (ALP has already preselected for all 20 of Libs' most marginal seats, whereas the Libs have only preselected for one of Labor's). So yeah, unless the government falls due to a no-confidence motion (during Malcolm's absence pre-byelection, or if the High Court rules Dutton ineligible) then I would agree they will leave it until the last possible date: Saturday 18 May.
Yes the LNP definitely don't have their shit together....and they also have a slight money problem given that they just knifed their biggest benefactor.

Newspoll out. The honeymoon is over.

Two Party Preferred ALP: 56 Coalition: 44
Better PM: Shorten 39 Morrison: 33
ALP would pick up 31 seats.
Jesus.

Primary Votes: L/NP 33 (-4) ALP 41 (+6) GRN 10 (0) ON 7 (-2)

Meanwhile, however, a ReachTel poll from 25/26 Aug for Dickson 2 Party Preferred: Dutton LNP 54 (+2.4 since election) ALP 46 (-2.4) Srsly???

Back