Skip to main content

Do we have a politics thread to discuss things political?

A line from The Ex-PM made me laugh:

I once jumped out of a cake at a Liberal Party fundraiser hosted by Christopher Pyne, completely naked and covered in glitter. I said to him you'd better put something on or you'll catch your death!

I’m sure the US has a level of covert influence in Australia that China couldn’t dream of having.

Reactions: kxk
I think we have no proper leaders in Australia, and they should do a recruitment drive.......steal some leaders from NZ

i hope to live in a world one day where she is irrelevant and we don't have to read about her awful views.

I’m sure the US has a level of covert influence in Australia that China couldn’t dream of having.

And, I do believe they actually came clean about their, ie US, infiltrating and influencing our politics in the 70s, I think

I came to comment of Germans protesting......right wing wankers......met by.....oh it is so cool....over 100 nightclubs & wall of sound

.....thousands also joined the main counter-protest, staged by an alliance of political parties, unions, student bodies, migrant advocates and civil society organisations.

Walking under a hot Berlin sun, supporters waved rainbow flags and carried banners with messages such as “no to racism” and “go away, Nazis”, while chanting “the whole of Berlin is against the AfD”.

One of the loudest counter-demonstrations was organised by some 100 clubs from Berlin’s legendary techno scene, who were using boats and floats on the River Spree and a convoy of DJ-carrying trucks to “bass away” the AfD.

“The Berlin club culture is everything that Nazis are not,” the group said in a statement. “We are progressive, queer, feminist, anti-racist, inclusive, colourful and we have unicorns.”

Back