Skip to main content

Dear Channel Nine...

Jeez this thread was more popular than I thought it would be!

I wouldn't show a whole years worth of shows due to sheer volume of episodes/specials ect... But perhaps they could do something similar to American Idol rewind? Edit down a series and bring back old HM's, producers, ect for interviews ect. All the old series are pretty much all online somewhere so it's not as if anyone who wanted to rewatch those series couldn't... But adding a new perspective on all that old content could be a lot of fun...
Thats actually a really good idea, if Channel 9 didn't cock it up it would work well!

...I absolutely detest Channel 9... I hate the way that every show runs overtime and when you tape something like a movie or whatever that the end of it is always cut off because it started later... I hate Karl Stiffynodick/Scott Cam and Eddie McGuire... the endless in-house Ads on the 'Today' and 'Morning' shows... apparently they even gave Karl Stiffynodick his own 'serious' show 'The Verdict' that was apparently on tonight for the first time... I bet that he stamped his feet and yelled like a little spoilt brat to the Channel 9 execs until he got his 'own serious show' to satisfy his disgustingly big ego too!... I hate the way that all the people around him pander to his massive ego all the time... Lisa Wilkinson is way more intelligent than him but always panders up to his ego regardless and makes herself out to be dumber than she actually is to make him happy... no wonder Georgie left the show... she probably couldn't handle him anymore!... Scott Cam needs a shovel slammed on his face to bring his ego back to earth too!... I won't even get started on Eddie McGuire!... GRRR!!!...

...I will never forgive Channel 9 for the way that they made Big Brother a mere shadow of itself from when it was in it's heyday... lack of airtime... bad programming times... convoluted storylines...where do I stop?... no matter which 'reality' show they produce it is never allowed to just run it's natural course... they always invent 'storylines' that twist and distort anything real that is happening on the show itself... they treat us as morons in thinking that we actually believe all of their shit that they are feeding us...

...I trust nothing that Channel 9 tells us... they no longer have any credibility at all to me... the way that they chop and change programs around just sickens me... I started watching a show called 'Gotham' for instance... I decided against my better judgement to start watching a Channel 9 series... a few weeks went by and true to their nature they put it into a later and later time slot and then eventually it just disappeared altogether... if I recall it eventually turned up on GO! in a very late time-slot and by then I had given up on it and lost interest in it altogether... (I'll just wait until it goes to Foxtel eventually and watch it there because they play it complete)...

...I also can't stand the way that they report the News either... there were some floods somewhere and one of their female reporters had waded into the water up to her ankles just to emphasise to us that there was a flood just in case we didn't realise it because we're all morons of course.. one News bulletin showed us where every single person in the News item had their faces pixilated and all we could see were their feet... not one person would answer a single question either... so why the hell show it at all?... we saw nobody... heard nobody and we were left hanging with it altogether!... and worse than any of that is when some sort of disaster happens they rush reporters to the scene and just continue to show the same footage over and over and over again to the point where you just don't care about it anymore...

...when Malcolm Turnbull was trying to get Tony Abbott's job there they all were... sitting at a desk outside Parliament House saying the same thing over and over and over again and had a camera pointing down a corridor somewhere showing a few people walking up and down it for about half an hour for no reason that I could fathom... what?... were they waiting for the first shots of Turnbull walking down it after becoming the new head honcho?... so what?... we've all seen him before!... we know what a smug looking git he is... where they thinking that he would have blood splattered all over his suit with a maniacal grin on his face???... he's exactly the same person so why the hell do we have to see him yet again?... they are so pathetic with their so-called 'serious News'...

...well they are a couple of gripes that I have with Channel 9 that I can think of at the moment but if I think of any more be sure that I will let you know when I think of them trust me!... thankyou so much BigBrotherCritic for starting this thread up my friend... you have given me a place to vent my hatred for Channel 9... but just to sum this whole post up in a few simple words...

...I HATE YOUR GUTS CHANNEL 9!!!!!!!... cheers.

I have to agree that they made BB seem less a good show to Nine and more a burden to endure. They just don't put effort into anything, they have no concept of structuring, of common sense or logic at all. Everything seems to be the same formula over and over and over and over again. They have no ability to be innovative and saying: "See it first on Nine" is entirely untrue, YEAH see it first after your favourite afternoon tv show is cancelled because someone in parliament sneezed.

There are some aspects of Channel 9 that are REALLY good, I have to say such as their designs, engaging promos and audio are world renowned for being good but its for shows such as the Ad Filled Mornings show which appear unoriginal, copied and a bit shit.

Channel Nine is truly detestable

I do not understand why people watch breakfast/morning television. I just do see the appeal, unless there is crazy horrible breaking news happening like a 9/11 level event...
It's the background company for me. If I want more serious news I'll go to the ABC. I live alone and while I love it, I don't mind the background, don't have to concentrate, chatter. More than happy to have silence too of course. Actually, it's more force of habit to turn the tv on. Same when I get home.

It's the background company for me. If I want more serious news I'll go to the ABC. I live alone and while I love it, I don't mind the background, don't have to concentrate, chatter. More than happy to have silence too of course. Actually, it's more force of habit to turn the tv on. Same when I get home.

Morning to would be watchable if only they took out the home shopping stuff.

...there is a rant within a rant today so bear with me please lol!...

...rant time:... this morning on the 'Today Show' Karl Stiffynodick and Lisa Wilkinson and their cohorts on the show were going to eat ants because some old fool that was hunting camels survived a few days in the outback by eating black ants... of them all Stiffynodick/ Lisa/Tim and Stevie Jacobs all tried eating them but Richard Wilkins opted out... of course Stiffynodick had to eat more than anyone else just to get the spotlight on him as per usual... the egotestical wanker... (this is when my rant within a rant actually starts)...

...Sylvia Jeffreys did a News bulletin next and when she finished Stiffynodick took over the container of ants and asked her if she wanted to try them... she told him that she had done the 'Bear Grylls Survival Course' and that she had had her quota of ants for the year and was trying to give Stiffynodick the hint that she didn't want to eat any... but would he back off and just accept her decision?... no of course not... he insisted... she said that she would... "be right!"... but he wouldn't stop and kind of 'shamed' her into trying one... he just couldn't handle her saying 'no' to him... she ended up eating one to shut him up and he had a big stupid smug grin on his face because she relented and finally did what he said... now THAT is what pissed me off!...

...that's the trouble with this show... they allow Stiffynodick to cajole and bully people into doing things against their will... he forces his opinions upon people and they end up appeasing him and doing whatever he says... his constant bullying tactics are allowed to run rampant by Channel 9 all the time... even Lisa tried to shame Richard Wilkins into eating one when she said... "oh Dickie... come on... if you want to be part of the team..."... he replied... "I am part of the team!"... she replied... "well... no!"... (what's going on Lisa?... are you learning to be a bullying bitch like Stiffynodick?... you have a great teacher my dear!)... then Richard told them that they were all stupid for eating them and Stiffynodick instantly jumps on him and says... "stupid?... oh so that guy that survived for 6 days in the desert is stupid?"... (what's wrong Stiffynodick?... do you hate being called stupid?)...

...and you also have Lisa dumbing herself down even more by pretending to feed 'the block of cash' behind her with ants!... seriously Lisa?... Stiffynodick has reduced you to this?... how pathetic!... all in all this show is sliding right down the scale in any sort of 'entertainment' value as long as Stiffynodick remains on the show... if they finally get the balls to dump this idiot then perhaps Lisa will suddenly become 'more intelligent' again and will regain her credibility once again... she was once a serious journalist that took pride in the credibility that she had but not nowadays that's for sure...

...from what I've seen so far Stiffynodick's brother Peter seems to be a decent sort of bloke... swap them in their roles... put him in there to dent Stiffynodick's massive ego... even just for a while... has anyone noticed that when Stiffynodick is on holidays or whatever on just how comfortable and at ease everyone is... how they interact with each other more fluently and spontaneously?... I have...

...I'm just wondering what type of hold Stiffynodick has on Channel 9?... okay he won a Gold Logie... big deal... so what?... just how he did I have no idea whatsoever as would thousands of others... I watch this show because my sweet darling wife likes to hear the early morning News and she can't stand 'Koshie' on Channel 7... but really Channel 9 executives... get your heads out of each others butts and change a few few things around in this show beginning with Stiffynodick... an article on this website below...

... http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...-against-sunrise/story-fnpilxz1-1227073736047 ...

...is very telling on how badly it is going for the 'Today' show... it sounds like Channel 9 are just pinning their hopes on the fact that because Stiffynodick has won a Gold Logie that he will carry the show along as a winner... that just goes to show just how much they are out of touch with the needs for a ratings winning show in my opinion... even Stiffynodick himself commentated on the bad ratings and just laughed it off with that stupid smug grin of his which just goes to show the contempt that here holds for us all in my opinion... here is the article in full below... oh!... and just for the record... I still hate your guts Channel 9!... cheers.

CHANNEL Nine insists Karl Stefanovic and Lisa Wilkinson are safe, even though Today appears to be on the skids, with the network conceding it’s “worried” about recent ratings.

The ratings gap between Nine’s breakfast show and rival Seven’s Sunrise is growing wider by the day.

Last Wednesday Sunrise, hosted by David Koch and Samantha Armytage, averaged 378,000 viewers across the five capital cities — nearly 100,000 more than Today’s 282,000.

And it wasn’t a fluke. Today was also easily beaten every other day of the week.

Melbourne is the only city where Today grabs an occasional win. Last Wednesday, Today averaged 105,000 viewers compared to Sunrise’s 85,000 there.

In every other city, Today is consistently getting smashed. It is worst in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth where it sometimes gets half the Sunrise figure.

“Am I worried about this sort of stuff — yes I’m always worried,” Darren Wick, Nine’s Director of News and Current Affairs said.

“Am I stressed about it? No. I’ve realised with this sort of stuff — don’t panic. Does that mean we’ve got our heads in the sand about it — not at all.

“It is still a great show. We will get this thing back on track.”

And he said Stefanovic and Wilkinson’s jobs were both secure.

“We’re not up for chopping anyone’s head off.”

The figures are a big turnaround from a year ago when Today and Sunrise were neck-and-neck on around 350,000 viewers nationally.

Since then, Sunrise has steadily risen and Today has gone backwards. Today’s drop has been especially steep over the past three months.

That puts pressure on Stefanovic and Wilkinson, but Wick insists their positions are safe.

“The one thing I’ve learned … is that if you’ve got to make change, make it for the better,” Wick said.

“I do not see a better combo than Karl and Lisa in television at the moment. When Karl is on his game with strong breaking news, he is brilliant. He also gives people a smile and a bit of a laugh. Lisa is very strongly admired as well.”

Sunrise executive producer Michael Pell says Seven’s decision in June last year to replace Melissa Doyle with Armytage has been a game changer.

“Sam has made Kochie a little less daggy,” Pell said.

“She has brought out a whole different side to him that we haven’t seen (before).

“They (Armytage and Koch) have great chemistry and you can see that from watching. There is a dynamic at the moment which is a pleasure to watch and that can’t be faked.”

Media analyst Steve Allen says it is clear that viewers have responded positively to the Sunrise shake-up.

“I think Sunrise is far more approachable, warm and friendly (than Today) — like the folk next door,” Mr Allen said.

“Today is more entwined with its historic news leadership heritage and therefore can sometimes talk at or down to viewers.”

Earlier this year Nine CEO David Gyngell was forced to quash speculation that Wilkinson, with Today since 2007, would be replaced.

Stefanovic, who reportedly has about 12 months left on his contract, is on record as saying he has no plans to leave Today.

The 40-year-old has been with the show since 2005 and won the Gold Logie in 2011.

But the figures don’t lie. Right now Today is on the downward slope.

Something has to change — but Nine is taking a slowly, slowly approach.

“I don’t think the (Today) brand is wrong and I don’t think the people (Karl and Lisa) are wrong,” Wick says.

“(Instead) we need to reconnect and get a message out to the audience that this is still a great show.

...there is a rant within a rant today so bear with me please lol!...

...rant time:... this morning on the 'Today Show' Karl Stiffynodick and Lisa Wilkinson and their cohorts on the show were going to eat ants because some old fool that was hunting camels survived a few days in the outback by eating black ants... of them all Stiffynodick/ Lisa/Tim and Stevie Jacobs all tried eating them but Richard Wilkins opted out... of course Stiffynodick had to eat more than anyone else just to get the spotlight on him as per usual... the egotestical wanker... (this is when my rant within a rant actually starts)...

...Sylvia Jeffreys did a News bulletin next and when she finished Stiffynodick took over the container of ants and asked her if she wanted to try them... she told him that she had done the 'Bear Grylls Survival Course' and that she had had her quota of ants for the year and was trying to give Stiffynodick the hint that she didn't want to eat any... but would he back off and just accept her decision?... no of course not... he insisted... she said that she would... "be right!"... but he wouldn't stop and kind of 'shamed' her into trying one... he just couldn't handle her saying 'no' to him... she ended up eating one to shut him up and he had a big stupid smug grin on his face because she relented and finally did what he said... now THAT is what pissed me off!...

...that's the trouble with this show... they allow Stiffynodick to cajole and bully people into doing things against their will... he forces his opinions upon people and they end up appeasing him and doing whatever he says... his constant bullying tactics are allowed to run rampant by Channel 9 all the time... even Lisa tried to shame Richard Wilkins into eating one when she said... "oh Dickie... come on... if you want to be part of the team..."... he replied... "I am part of the team!"... she replied... "well... no!"... (what's going on Lisa?... are you learning to be a bullying bitch like Stiffynodick?... you have a great teacher my dear!)... then Richard told them that they were all stupid for eating them and Stiffynodick instantly jumps on him and says... "stupid?... oh so that guy that survived for 6 days in the desert is stupid?"... (what's wrong Stiffynodick?... do you hate being called stupid?)...

...and you also have Lisa dumbing herself down even more by pretending to feed 'the block of cash' behind her with ants!... seriously Lisa?... Stiffynodick has reduced you to this?... how pathetic!... all in all this show is sliding right down the scale in any sort of 'entertainment' value as long as Stiffynodick remains on the show... if they finally get the balls to dump this idiot then perhaps Lisa will suddenly become 'more intelligent' again and will regain her credibility once again... she was once a serious journalist that took pride in the credibility that she had but not nowadays that's for sure...

...from what I've seen so far Stiffynodick's brother Peter seems to be a decent sort of bloke... swap them in their roles... put him in there to dent Stiffynodick's massive ego... even just for a while... has anyone noticed that when Stiffynodick is on holidays or whatever on just how comfortable and at ease everyone is... how they interact with each other more fluently and spontaneously?... I have...

...I'm just wondering what type of hold Stiffynodick has on Channel 9?... okay he won a Gold Logie... big deal... so what?... just how he did I have no idea whatsoever as would thousands of others... I watch this show because my sweet darling wife likes to hear the early morning News and she can't stand 'Koshie' on Channel 7... but really Channel 9 executives... get your heads out of each others butts and change a few few things around in this show beginning with Stiffynodick... an article on this website below...

... http://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...-against-sunrise/story-fnpilxz1-1227073736047 ...

...is very telling on how badly it is going for the 'Today' show... it sounds like Channel 9 are just pinning their hopes on the fact that because Stiffynodick has won a Gold Logie that he will carry the show along as a winner... that just goes to show just how much they are out of touch with the needs for a ratings winning show in my opinion... even Stiffynodick himself commentated on the bad ratings and just laughed it off with that stupid smug grin of his which just goes to show the contempt that here holds for us all in my opinion... here is the article in full below... oh!... and just for the record... I still hate your guts Channel 9!... cheers.

CHANNEL Nine insists Karl Stefanovic and Lisa Wilkinson are safe, even though Today appears to be on the skids, with the network conceding it’s “worried” about recent ratings.

The ratings gap between Nine’s breakfast show and rival Seven’s Sunrise is growing wider by the day.

Last Wednesday Sunrise, hosted by David Koch and Samantha Armytage, averaged 378,000 viewers across the five capital cities — nearly 100,000 more than Today’s 282,000.

And it wasn’t a fluke. Today was also easily beaten every other day of the week.

Melbourne is the only city where Today grabs an occasional win. Last Wednesday, Today averaged 105,000 viewers compared to Sunrise’s 85,000 there.

In every other city, Today is consistently getting smashed. It is worst in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth where it sometimes gets half the Sunrise figure.

“Am I worried about this sort of stuff — yes I’m always worried,” Darren Wick, Nine’s Director of News and Current Affairs said.

“Am I stressed about it? No. I’ve realised with this sort of stuff — don’t panic. Does that mean we’ve got our heads in the sand about it — not at all.

“It is still a great show. We will get this thing back on track.”

And he said Stefanovic and Wilkinson’s jobs were both secure.

“We’re not up for chopping anyone’s head off.”

The figures are a big turnaround from a year ago when Today and Sunrise were neck-and-neck on around 350,000 viewers nationally.

Since then, Sunrise has steadily risen and Today has gone backwards. Today’s drop has been especially steep over the past three months.

That puts pressure on Stefanovic and Wilkinson, but Wick insists their positions are safe.

“The one thing I’ve learned … is that if you’ve got to make change, make it for the better,” Wick said.

“I do not see a better combo than Karl and Lisa in television at the moment. When Karl is on his game with strong breaking news, he is brilliant. He also gives people a smile and a bit of a laugh. Lisa is very strongly admired as well.”

Sunrise executive producer Michael Pell says Seven’s decision in June last year to replace Melissa Doyle with Armytage has been a game changer.

“Sam has made Kochie a little less daggy,” Pell said.

“She has brought out a whole different side to him that we haven’t seen (before).

“They (Armytage and Koch) have great chemistry and you can see that from watching. There is a dynamic at the moment which is a pleasure to watch and that can’t be faked.”

Media analyst Steve Allen says it is clear that viewers have responded positively to the Sunrise shake-up.

“I think Sunrise is far more approachable, warm and friendly (than Today) — like the folk next door,” Mr Allen said.

“Today is more entwined with its historic news leadership heritage and therefore can sometimes talk at or down to viewers.”

Earlier this year Nine CEO David Gyngell was forced to quash speculation that Wilkinson, with Today since 2007, would be replaced.

Stefanovic, who reportedly has about 12 months left on his contract, is on record as saying he has no plans to leave Today.

The 40-year-old has been with the show since 2005 and won the Gold Logie in 2011.

But the figures don’t lie. Right now Today is on the downward slope.

Something has to change — but Nine is taking a slowly, slowly approach.

“I don’t think the (Today) brand is wrong and I don’t think the people (Karl and Lisa) are wrong,” Wick says.

“(Instead) we need to reconnect and get a message out to the audience that this is still a great show.
Holy God, I read all of this and MY GOD am I grateful I did. Karl is just a twat, remember all those years ago just how controversial he is! Sure! He's mellowed down but he is still the biggest self entitled twat known to man

...I really hate it when Channel 9 crosses over to 'unfolding News Live' and all you see is 'Live on Nine' or whatever it is rolling endlessly across the center of the screen!... so what?... big deal!... the other morning this actually happened on the 'Mornings' show when some Welsh guy who was the head honcho of the NRL had announced his retirement... so what?... why is that urgent 'unfolding News Live'?????... there was no News crew from Channel 9 trying to interview me when I retired from work 5 years ago after my first stroke!!!... are they THAT desperate to get an 'exclusive' news item before any other Channel?... they are so pathetic!... and yes... I still hate you Channel 9!!!!!!... cheers.

Dear Channel 9

Please stop forcing a 4.00pm News Bulletin down our throats here in Perth when clearly it is simply the regular channel 9 6.00pm bulletin for Sydney

We really don't give a shit about your traffic issues and weather and ESPECIALLY don't care about the latest NRL footy scandal or team trade when this is an AFL State.

(BTW - I think we need a "Dear Channel..." thread for the other 4 major networks as well..)

Dear Channel 9

Please stop forcing a 4.00pm News Bulletin down our throats here in Perth when clearly it is simply the regular channel 9 6.00pm bulletin for Sydney
LOL sucks to be you I guess. They really should replace it with a local Perth news featuring the all important stories of the day, like someone's mail getting stolen etc :D :p:vamp::wtf:

Dear ABC,

Why have you stopped showing new Doctor Who episodes early in the morning? I thought it worked out quite well last year. Now stop being silly and reinstate this practice please.

Also, bring back Press Gang and make Lynda Day a Dame or give her money.

Kind regards,
Reepbotanist.

...you've done it yet again Channel 9... not once but over and over again you mongrels... last Friday you started the James Bond movie 45 minutes later than advertised... you started the Big Bang Theory late last night and it cut off the end of the show when I recorded it... you have done this several times over the last week or so... you stuff up anything that we try to record time after time and I'm sure that it's on purpose...

...you force us to tape the show after it thinking that we may watch it too being that we recorded it... no we don't!... you just make us hate you even more by doing that you morons... if there was a tribunal that I could write to just to complain about your consistently late starting programs I would just to shove it up you... you advertise a show to start at a particular time then you should start it at that time!... and yes Channel 9... I still hate your guts!... :punch::rage::mad::punch::rage::mad: cheers.

This basically sums up everybody's views on channel Nine.

I was also pissed off about the FUCKING CONSTANT LATE STATS OF JAMES FUCKING BOND!
They SHOULD know how long programs are to go for!! Say it will go later... IF YOU KNOW IT WILL GO LATER!!!

FUCK OFF KARL STEFANOVIC YOU CRIPPLED FETUS
-PAXP-deijE.gif

EXHIBIT FUCKING A
https://www.facebook.com/IwakeupwithTODAY/videos/1111024735598857/

Of course the Morning shows do worse in Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide.... Because they're so freaking biased towards Melbourne and Sydney!

They basically don't give a shit about anything outside of those two cities yet want to present a national show.

This basically sums up everybody's views on channel Nine.

I was also pissed off about the FUCKING CONSTANT LATE STATS OF JAMES FUCKING BOND!
They SHOULD know how long programs are to go for!! Say it will go later... IF YOU KNOW IT WILL GO LATER!!!

FUCK OFF KARL STEFANOVIC YOU CRIPPLED FETUS
-PAXP-deijE.gif

EXHIBIT FUCKING A
https://www.facebook.com/IwakeupwithTODAY/videos/1111024735598857/

...hahahahaha!... and I thought that I was angry with them!... lol!... way to go BigBrotherCritic!... you've done me proud!... cheers.

Of course the Morning shows do worse in Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide.... Because they're so freaking biased towards Melbourne and Sydney!

They basically don't give a shit about anything outside of those two cities yet want to present a national show.

...how true is that?... I live in Sydney... yet have you noticed that when they do that "I wake up with Today" cash phone call that whenever the cash gets to a high amount like say... $50 thousand $60 thousand Dollars that it always seems to be someone in Karl Stiffynodick's home state of Queensland that usually get the chance to win the high amounts?... when it is lower it's usually only NSW or Victoria?... they never make Live calls to other states I guess because of the time differences I imagine but still... Perth is 2 hours behind and the show goes for 3 hours so there's a window of 1 hour in the Live overlap there somewhere so why can't they do a Live call to one of those other states?... you have a good point there SeanE... and yes!... I still hate your guts Channel 9!...cheers.

You know @Mr Stickyfingers is mad when he retracts his cheers.

I laughed at this more than I should have

...it cracked me up too BigBrotherCritic... I actually wasn't aware that I still did that when I was really pissed off lol!... I remember doing a post many many hundreds of posts ages ago and doing it deliberately to make a point but wasn't aware that I still do it now... it must be a subconscious thing on my part lol!... thanks for letting me know Meglos lol!... cheers.

Back