Skip to main content

Episode Day 9 (16/09/2014) Daily Show

Do you think big brother will explain to the housemates before nominations that they can vote which pair they want evicted after the eviction results are known?
No. I think it will be played as a big reveal for this first eviction. They will nominate, thinking the pair will go. Next week, whoever is left from David and Gemma seem to be toast.

There is a back story and context to what has been going on that we haven't been seeing. I am basing this on peoples reactions, comments and emotions to him as well as what they have said.

From the beginning of last nights episode.

Aisha made comments early on also about how he puts himself in awkward situations with the group.

Mike Goldman's voice over said he's been annoying Sandra and the house mates with his inappropriate comments.

Sandra said in the diary room she is getting really annoyed with david. The previous day a lot of people told her their opinion of him, that he doesn't gel or fit in. That he takes a joke too far. She was saying she knows it and being a pair she is responsible for his actions and it makes her resent him.

She was saying she's in a bad position because her friends don't like him and it affects her. She's in a hard place because she also finds him annoying. She also said David see's everyone else as been in the wrong.

David even in the diary room said he annoys and bugs people and doesn't care that other people think of him.

So the annoyed at David is the context and when you are annoyed at someone, it's easier for them to set you off and get more annoyed.
Sarah was annoyed at David because other HM's where annoyed at David so she seem to think that she too should be annoyed at David.
What a boring BB house it would be if no one annoyed anyone.

Sarah was annoyed at David because other HM's where annoyed at David so she seem to think that she too should be annoyed at David.
I think it was that AND because she annoys him haha

She's clearly conflicted. She finds him annoying but knows he's her partner so she feels conflicted about the way how she should feel.

No. I think it will be played as a big reveal for this first eviction. They will nominate, thinking the pair will go. Next week, whoever is left from David and Gemma seem to be toast.
A week can be a long time in the BB house

basically it comes down to being aware of people's boundaries AND not feeling over familiar with people too quickly

David felt comfortable to say what he did to Sandra and if he's been sitting in group outside with her when she's been hanging with the boys and farting and obviously feeling comfortable enough in their company to do so ... well I can imagine he didn't expect her to then do a complete 180 on him and turn into a teary girly girl with a very low tolerance for off the cuff / teasing comments which the other guys in the group didn't blink at (so he got no immediate OH DON'T GO THERE cues from them either)

A week can be a long time in the BB house
Yeah, you're right.

We saw in BBUS this summer Frankie got in trouble with everyone, and so he told people his sister was Ariana Grande as a distraction, and it totally worked.
It changed the discourse aboit him, and he slipped through.

Yeah, you're right.

We saw in BBUS this summer Frankie got in trouble with everyone, and so he told people his sister was Ariana Grande as a distraction, and it totally worked.
It changed the discourse aboit him, and he slipped through.
i know and that's only one example - how often did they decide to go one way and by the end of the week had flipped totally?
I've loved watching it! and very glad I didn't watch it last year because this year has been my first and for me its been a positive first look see :)

Nah she clearly separately stated a couple of times that David annoyed her. This in conjunction with her getting annoyed that the other housemates were getting annoyed at him because of the whole partnership thing.

I'm not saying it is boring. I don't want boring big brother. I think some people confuse not liking a person on the show, not liking how people are, or thinking they handled someone poorly with not finding it entertaining.

He was being blunt with his exercise comment, he was not trying to be funny. I made no reference to his farting lady comment.

He was not being blunt given her words of advice or something.

If he was giving her blunt advice there would be no inclusion of an absurd element or premise like a magic want.

Basic joke structure is a set up and a punchline.

'It is exercise' The set up.

'Not a magic wand' the punchline with an element of absurdity.

It was said as a joke.

Further to this the context and reactions of those around further highlight this.

He was not being blunt given her words of advice or something.

If he was giving her blunt advice there would be no inclusion of an absurd element or premise like a magic want.

Basic joke structure is a set up and a punchline.

'It is exercise' The set up.

'Not a magic wand' the punchline with an element of absurdity.

It was said as a joke.

Further to this the context and reactions of those around further highlight this.

But exercise is not a magic wand. You have to put the effort in if you wan to see the benefits. Clearly it was David being blunt, not making a joke.

ok so after this eviction someone will be single - no partner cos they've been shown the door ...

soooooooooooooooooo is that the end of the partner thing (because the "BIGGEST COMPETITION IN THE HISTORY OF BB" or whatever they called it) will be over - so is that then the end of pairs ... and then if it continues does that mean the next person saved from a pair automatically gets paired with the single person ...
because then they'll REALLY have to be thinking OMG I don't want to nominate THEM because I might get stuck with them if they are saved by the public ... or we don't want to chance those two becoming a new pair ...

i think i'm just complicating things ... lol

if they can find an extra $30k to throw in at this early stage they can afford to bring back BBMumbaiHQ and live update the kookaburra situation !!!

Back