Skip to main content

Episode Day 9 (16/09/2014) Daily Show

I thought MADONNA kept saying "Nnnnnnnnn" because its from that song that 5SOS sing....

NNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd YOU!!

@up_all_night it's fair enough to admit you were wrong. Or that you just won't like the guy no matter what. Many others from yesterday have admitted the former. The things you're trying to pick on today you're being proven wrong on again... it's ok to call it quits.

I am not wrong. I admitted I think I was wrong on Ryan.

I don't understand how people are all on Team David now. He was worse than the day before.

What...?

He did go and console. She just said that she wanted space.

She was sitting on the couch with a few other housemates, David pops his head in and asks "can I join in? Or do you want your space" (paraphrase). Sandra replies saying she just wants some space.

Are you sure you've got the right episode?

Wanting to sit down isn't consoling. She was surrounded by people. She didn't need it. That was all about him. When ever he spoke to her, he talked about himself. He had been told to let her have her moment to not push it or whatever. He was incapable of doing that because that would make it about her. That would take it away from him and his control.

During the quiz, when they got a chance to talk about it. He just wanted to talk about himself. How he felt.

'Hey I hear you're upset, that devastates me that I upset you' and in turn it became about her consoling him.

I don't know how much clearer that can be as an example.

He can't project feelings outward. Only inward at himself. When she was already in a shitty mood with him, his only priority is himself. 'Don't clean because you may get me evicted.' No understanding or empathy his attitude is always focused on himself. So when he does speak and it's the same with his thing with Lisa, it is about lessening his guilt, his blame instead of actually understanding and giving an apology, recognizing they are upset or have any validity to that.

People apologize for various reasons. It doesn't have to be sincere to be worth while, it's the aim. In no situations was he clearly understanding and sorry. In no situations was it because he was trying to make them feel better. It was all purely about him trying to alleviate his guilt.

With Lisa, a big aspect of it was not him acknowledging her being upset but trying to lessen the blame on him. Boys will be boys, others were saying things, trying to explain and justify.

As Sandra said early in the show, he is someone who blames everything on everyone else.

So with Lisa the other day, 'she can come to him' as he has no responsibility. He's the center of it. He was even trying a power game when she hadn't. Before they got into it, he was actually wanting her to come back and talk. That's how the whole thing came up, he was telling her to come and speak to him. She then pushed forward. And we got his terrible 'apology.' It changes the power dynamic the way such discussions are approached.

He's trying to fit in, I think this episode we saw him trying to fit in, but he just does not know how to act, be civil and thoughtful around people. He knew he did the Lisa thing poorly, he was given good advice on this, but he was trying to make up for the Lisa thing and did worse. He's not expanding his view of emotions and people to what is going on around him in the house, except feeling like they're all out to get him, and it's getting in the way of him being civil and understanding.

Even his stupid, 'not a magic wand' comment.

Inappropriate joke. Apparently there have been more we haven't seen. He's been there long enough to know and is just saying those mean little jabs for his own amusement. Can't see that they may be upsetting before hand.

Last night's episode was NOT boring. The trick is to be online when the comments come thick and fast (best part of the show) and then watch the show later fast forwarding the ads.

Had to do that last night as I had to be token like sociable to my partner/husband/boyfriend.
It sucked

the dogs lasted 11 seconds
we saw a total of 4 questions being asked during THE BIGGEST GAME in BB history (lol)
A massive three people confessed their sins
Jake doesn't like Skye (BB soooo wanted something to be there)
and David is a jerk

add 30 million add breaks and Boom! last nights ep

He can't project feelings outward. Only inward at himself. When she was already in a shitty mood with him, his only priority is himself. 'Don't clean because you may get me evicted.'
To be fair, earlier in the episode she had said to him that stuff he was saying to other house mates could put her at risk for eviction and it was making her resent him. So they've both used the "something you're doing might get me evicted" line.

That said, he does keep turning everything back around to how he is feeling, and he should have just left Sandra alone for a bit to get over it. It actually became cringe worthy once we got to the game and he was still harping on about how devastated he is that he upset her.

I am behind in the lingo - I had to google why people type nnnnnnn ?? apparently the noise you make when you laugh without opening your mouth or sumthang, whatever...

& on the show, are you crushing so & so.... I'm thinking like a bear hug, sitting on them ----- nooooooo
it's the new way of saying do you have a crush on who ever... o_O
I flat out ASKED @MADONNA What the nnnnnnnnnnnn was! Hahahahaha!!! I'm old.

To be fair, earlier in the episode she had said to him that stuff he was saying to other house mates could put her at risk for eviction and it was making her resent him. So they've both used the "something you're doing might get me evicted" line.

That said, he does keep turning everything back around to how he is feeling, and he should have just left Sandra alone for a bit to get over it. It actually became cringe worthy once we got to the game and he was still harping on about how devastated he is that he upset her.

What annoyed me is, there has clearly been a lot building of people being annoyed at David. I think the voice over clearly stated he has made a lot of comments that have been out of place putting people off side. However with out live feeds, with out comprehensive updates this aspect has not been shown.

So people complaining about the anti-david effort are really just going, 'where did this come from' not understanding it's something that has been building for a while now. They can chose to show it in the edit, they can't chose how people are reacting to stuff we haven't seen in the edit.

So it's hard for any of us to accurate judge.

To me it seems that no one particularly likes him. Sandra doesn't like him. He keeps putting his foot in it, saying comments to put people off side. They're there a week, it's aggravating people more. We're heading to evictions. She is upset because she thinks she'll be up for nominations and that there's nothing she could do being paired with an unlikable guy like David. It's just going to make her whole time in the house worse and not what she liked. She's probably also a bit off side because she hasn't made the strong bonds others have.

So there is all this, all this annoyance at the situation and he keeps on being annoying. The joke about her thighs and so forth. So she's on edge with him, so takes a comment like, 'don't clean you'll get us nominated' as more of an attack in this context and probably wanted to scream, 'fuck you, this needs to be done, the only reason we'll be nominated is because you're weird and no body likes you.' Something like that. Not her nature and she just needs to get out her emotions in other ways.

People complain about the storyline being scripted and too soap opera, but this seems to be an example of how many can't view the show in any other way. Something new that has been going on comes up and they can't view past it and see there's a larger context.

They can only view it in the shown story lines. So react to what is happening in that context. It didn't show David putting people offside every other episode. There for he wasn't doing it and everyone is over reacting. No we clearly just haven't been seeing it, we have to go off more that just the very few events we have seen.

What annoyed me is, there has clearly been a lot building of people being annoyed at David. I think the voice over clearly stated he has made a lot of comments that have been out of place putting people off side. However with out live feeds, with out comprehensive updates this aspect has not been shown.

So people complaining about the anti-david effort are really just going, 'where did this come from' not understanding it's something that has been building for a while now. They can chose to show it in the edit, they can't chose how people are reacting to stuff we haven't seen in the edit.

So it's hard for any of us to accurate judge.

To me it seems that no one particularly likes him. Sandra doesn't like him. He keeps putting his foot in it, saying comments to put people off side. They're there a week, it's aggravating people more. We're heading to evictions. She is upset because she thinks she'll be up for nominations and that there's nothing she could do being paired with an unlikable guy like David. It's just going to make her whole time in the house worse and not what she liked. She's probably also a bit off side because she hasn't made the strong bonds others have.

So there is all this, all this annoyance at the situation and he keeps on being annoying. The joke about her thighs and so forth. So she's on edge with him, so takes a comment like, 'don't clean you'll get us nominated' as more of an attack in this context and probably wanted to scream, 'fuck you, this needs to be done, the only reason we'll be nominated is because you're weird and no body likes you.' Something like that. Not her nature and she just needs to get out her emotions in other ways.

People complain about the storyline being scripted and too soap opera, but this seems to be an example of how many can't view the show in any other way. Something new that has been going on comes up and they can't view past it and see there's a larger context.

They can only view it in the shown story lines. So react to what is happening in that context. It didn't show David putting people offside every other episode. There for he wasn't doing it and everyone is over reacting. No we clearly just haven't been seeing it, we have to go off more that just the very few events we have seen.

Why would you want to get rid of an entertaining housemate like David? Why not keep him in and watch as the other housemates get frustated at him surviving eviction after eviction?

Why would you want to get rid of an entertaining housemate like David? Why not keep him in and watch as the other housemates get frustated at him surviving eviction after eviction?

Did I say I wanted to get rid of him?

As I said in the David thread, I don't like him at all as a person, but watching this is entertaining. One of my most interesting parts of BB is the way people interact. I'm from the older school BB viewing perspective. It's about the interactions, not who I want to be friends with or the showmances, games, tasks or other bullshit.

Conflict is where it's at.

So I wouldn't vote to evict him at all.

I would like to coin some new terms for the forum: "David Sympathisers" and "David Apologists"

Did I say I wanted to get rid of him?

As I said in the David thread, I don't like him at all as a person, but watching this is entertaining. One of my most interesting parts of BB is the way people interact. I'm from the older school BB viewing perspective. It's about the interactions, not who I want to be friends with or the showmances, games, tasks or other bullshit.

Conflict is where it's at.

So I wouldn't vote to evict him at all.

But what did David say that was so offensive?

I think David's a moron, but he's good BB material, anyone who stirs the pot & causes drama is cool in there...

I don't understand why women ask questions about their body or make statements eliciting a response & then crack it when they don't like what they hear....

Its the old,
Do I look fat
No
You're just saying that coz I'm here

Do I look fat
Yes
You BASTARD....

I think David's a moron, but he's good BB material, anyone who stirs the pot & causes drama is cool in there...

I don't understand why women ask questions about their body or make statements eliciting a response & then crack it when they don't like what they hear....

Its the old,
Do I look fat
No
You're just saying that coz I'm here

Do I look fat
Yes

You BASTARD....
Exactly! Sam even said afterwards, oh your thighs aren't big and she said yes they are, look at them! Well if you think they are, why are you getting pissy at David for making a joke about it?

I think it will be interesting to see who the HM's actually nominate this week ... and how does it work?
do they nominate and then only the pair that got the most votes is up and we then decide which one of the two stays?
OR do a few couples go up and we decide to save as many as we can spend our $$ ... oh silly me ... DOH

call me cynical ... I only spend imaginary $$ anyway - the same ones I have sitting in my bank account twiddling their thumbs doing nothing ... ;)

I think it will be interesting to see who the HM's actually nominate this week ... and how does it work?
do they nominate and then only the pair that got the most votes is up and we then decide which one of the two stays?
OR do a few couples go up and we decide to save as many as we can spend our $$ ... oh silly me ... DOH

call me cynical ... I only spend imaginary $$ anyway - the same ones I have sitting in my bank account twiddling their thumbs doing nothing ... ;)

I don't know why they will bother to have nominations. We all know they'll nominate Gemma and David.

I've just watched the episode. I think the thigh comments could naturally cause minor offence ... But Sandra WAY over reacted to the cleaning comment.

Dave's ok in my book.

See the problem is, from the little snippets of footage yeah, maybe. However there is clearly a whole lot of back story to this we haven't seen.

Back