Skip to main content

Episode Day 9 (16/09/2014) Daily Show

why it will be interesting also is that we will see by the HM's votes if we're being fed a storyline that really isn't there or not ...

the HM's may realise that David suffers from the common affliction of speaking before he thinks AND being totally oblivious about other people's feelings (he hasn't learnt to tiptoe on eggshells around females yet - Ryan at least grew up in a household of women so his advice was pretty spot on last night - basically it got down to 'if you can't say something nice don't open your mouth Dave!!!' lol) ... somehow Gemma also seems to suffer from it but she's coming across as doing it in a negative way (ie we don't see her being called on it apart from the initial Skye being no deeper than a paddling pool incident and so we don't see her being repentant in any way) whereas we're giving David the benefit of the doubt at times because the reactions involve tears and we've all become a little inured to tears over the past few years so start rolling our eyes and reaching for the wine when they starts up)

Perhaps. He doesn't really seem malicious though. Just a bit of harmless foot-in-mouth syndrome.

Yeah I don't think he's malicious, I just don't think he's used to fitting into people outside of his comfort zone, can't really see anything from other peoples perspectives and is now making things worse for himself. He's not flexible enough in social situations to adapt and go with the flow, and has a self centered nature which is clouding these abilities even more.

Last edited:
I wonder if David wasn't sporting that beard and dorky hair if he'd get a better reception in and out of the house ... having seen the pic of him without beard he's actually got a very nice face and might have fitted in more ... the beard almost emphasises the age gap for me

Is it just me or did anyone else notice Cat has enormous breasts? They looked like rockmelons when they were chatting in that booth thingy. Was it a big thick bra she was wearing, a gee up?

See the problem is, from the little snippets of footage yeah, maybe. However there is clearly a whole lot of back story to this we haven't seen.

He's not fitting in and lacks the social intelligent to get out of the hole and so keeps digging.

Clearly there is a lot of backstory to him not fitting in that never made the edits.

You keep referring to some mystical back story that would explain why David is so unliked. But unless Sandra told the group a heart-wrenching tale about working at a place where she was constantly mocked for her fat thighs and obsession with cleaning, I don't see what extra information would help the viewer understand what David said that was so offensive.

I don't know why they will bother to have nominations. We all know they'll nominate Gemma and David.
we THINK they will - my point is that if they don't it'll prove that we're being fed a story that really isn't there ... we know (because the HM's have discussed it) that Gemma IS a problem for a lot of people ... but look at how Lisa went to sit and talk with David after seeing his attempt to talk to Sandra ... she moved away from sitting with Sandra and went to find David ... if she had still had an issue with David would she have done that? so it looks like it was dealt with and they'd moved on and so maybe it wasn't such a huge storm after all?

we THINK they will - my point is that if they don't it'll prove that we're being fed a story that really isn't there ... we know (because the HM's have discussed it) that Gemma IS a problem for a lot of people ... but look at how Lisa went to sit and talk with David after seeing his attempt to talk to Sandra ... she moved away from sitting with Sandra and went to find David ... if she had still had an issue with David would she have done that? so it looks like it was dealt with and they'd moved on and so maybe it wasn't such a huge storm after all?

I don't know if Lisa and Skye will nominate David, but I feel that his comments have painted a target on his back.

You keep referring to some mystical back story that would explain why David is so unliked. But unless Sandra told the group a heart-wrenching tale about working at a place where she was constantly mocked for her fat thighs and obsession with cleaning, I don't see what extra information would help the viewer understand what David said that was so offensive.
and if you have a genuine thing about your thighs and aren't just fishing for an "oh nooooo they are greeeeaaat" you don't go round talking about them and bringing them to everyone's attention ... Sandra is as clueless as David in some respects

as for the exercise isn't a magic wand thing - well how is that offensive - its fact. doing exercise doesn't mean you can still go ahead and put trash in your body and expect that the exercise will magic it away .. likewise merely mentioning the word exercise or gym doesn't get your a$$ off the deckchair to do the exercise ... you actually have to put the effort it ... it doesn't happen by osmosis

in that instant I just think David was being blunt - and stating fact - how was he to know it would turn around and become upsetting?

I don't know if Lisa and Skye will nominate David, but I feel that his comments have painted a target on his back.
only if the episodes have actually affected other people more than just having to deal with the fallout ... the guys might think omg these women are crying so much I can't stand it and actually target Lisa, Skye and Sandra ...

only if the episodes have actually affected other people more than just having to deal with the fallout ... the guys might think omg these women are crying so much I can't stand it and actually target Lisa, Skye and Sandra ...

I'd target Lisa for her domineering ways, and Ryan for trying to turn everyone in the house into potplants.

There is a back story and context to what has been going on that we haven't been seeing. I am basing this on peoples reactions, comments and emotions to him as well as what they have said.

From the beginning of last nights episode.

Aisha made comments early on also about how he puts himself in awkward situations with the group.

Mike Goldman's voice over said he's been annoying Sandra and the house mates with his inappropriate comments.

Sandra said in the diary room she is getting really annoyed with david. The previous day a lot of people told her their opinion of him, that he doesn't gel or fit in. That he takes a joke too far. She was saying she knows it and being a pair she is responsible for his actions and it makes her resent him.

She was saying she's in a bad position because her friends don't like him and it affects her. She's in a hard place because she also finds him annoying. She also said David see's everyone else as been in the wrong.

David even in the diary room said he annoys and bugs people and doesn't care that other people think of him.

So the annoyed at David is the context and when you are annoyed at someone, it's easier for them to set you off and get more annoyed.

There is a back story and context to what has been going on that we haven't been seeing. I am basing this on peoples reactions, comments and emotions to him as well as what they have said.

From the beginning of last nights episode.

Aisha made comments early on also about how he puts himself in awkward situations with the group.

Mike Goldman's voice over said he's been annoying Sandra and the house mates with his inappropriate comments.

Sandra said in the diary room she is getting really annoyed with david. The previous day a lot of people told her their opinion of him, that he doesn't gel or fit in. That he takes a joke too far. She was saying she knows it and being a pair she is responsible for his actions and it makes her resent him.

She was saying she's in a bad position because her friends don't like him and it affects her. She's in a hard place because she also finds him annoying. She also said David see's everyone else as been in the wrong.

David even in the diary room said he annoys and bugs people and doesn't care that other people think of him.

So the annoyed at David is the context and when you are annoyed at someone, it's easier for them to set you off and get more annoyed.

I just think we have too many highly sensitive people in the big brother house this year. What he said was not offensive in any way.

and if you have a genuine thing about your thighs and aren't just fishing for an "oh nooooo they are greeeeaaat" you don't go round talking about them and bringing them to everyone's attention ... Sandra is as clueless as David in some respects

as for the exercise isn't a magic wand thing - well how is that offensive - its fact. doing exercise doesn't mean you can still go ahead and put trash in your body and expect that the exercise will magic it away .. likewise merely mentioning the word exercise or gym doesn't get your a$$ off the deckchair to do the exercise ... you actually have to put the effort it ... it doesn't happen by osmosis

in that instant I just think David was being blunt - and stating fact - how was he to know it would turn around and become upsetting?

Just because someone makes a little quip about themselves doesn't put it on the table for everyone else to then make fun of. Those comments tend to come from an insecurity. The other guys there understood this, hence their reaction to David's comment.

David was not being blunt, he was making a mean spirited joke and clearly it was not well received by everyone there. We already have heard there is a problem with him taking jokes too far in the house. In this situation it just demonstrated his lack of being able to read or understand other people and social situations. He thinks it's a funny comment and doesn't even consider it from any one elses perspective.

Just because someone makes a little quip about themselves doesn't put it on the table for everyone else to then make fun of. Those comments tend to come from an insecurity. The other guys there understood this, hence their reaction to David's comment.

David was not being blunt, he was making a mean spirited joke and clearly it was not well received by everyone there. We already have heard there is a problem with him taking jokes too far in the house. In this situation it just demonstrated his lack of being able to read or understand other people and social situations. He thinks it's a funny comment and doesn't even consider it from any one elses perspective.

David was being blunt, he wasn't making a joke.

not sure why posts I already had made turn up looking like i forgot to hit send button ... sorry ... double post!!!

For example, Skye and Lisa can't nominate Gemma, because of Skye and Jake, and this kind of thinkg could keep them safe, at the nomination stage. It is all up to how liked Jake is, and if the hms know they can save their friend.

The other guys there understood this, hence their reaction to David's comment.
Actually the other guys didn't take notice of the comment until Sandra made a big thing about it. They could have just not been listening, but I really do think even they didn't think it was a big deal until Sandra made it one. She's obviously hanging around with the guys a lot, joking around, farting etc. If David had made that comment in regards to one of the boys thighs they'd have laughed it off.

go to here
http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/episodes/2014/episode-8/daily-show/

fast forward to 24:50 and try telling me he isn't smirking and saying it to try and be funny.

I guess was he also being blunt and honest when he said, 'well a lady who has been sitting there farting all day isn't really allowed to be classed as a woma.. a lady'

He was being blunt with his exercise comment, he was not trying to be funny. I made no reference to his farting lady comment.

For example, Skye and Lisa can't nominate Gemma, because of Skye and Jake, and this kind of thinkg could keep them safe, at the nomination stage. It is all up to how liked Jake is, and if the hms know they can save their friend.

Do you think big brother will explain to the housemates before nominations that they can vote which pair they want evicted after the eviction results are known?

Back