Skip to main content

Episode Day 59 (5/11/14) Daily show

My argument isn't that they have shown us everything, I was just pointing out that even when Cat and Lawson were in the house there were episodes where you would only get like a two second background shot of Cat and Lawson and the rest of the show was about the other housemates interacting.

Yes.
I get that one or both were your faves. But we saw less interaction with other HMs because of the showmance between them. Same with Aisha and Travvy to a certain extent. And then the whole Skye/Leo thing. Get your romance out of the BB house, I want to see how individuals react to each other, not couples.

My argument isn't that they have shown us everything, I was just pointing out that even when Cat and Lawson were in the house there were episodes where you would only get like a two second background shot of Cat and Lawson and the rest of the show was about the other housemates interacting.

It could be that what I mean as interacting differs to your definition, but what i have liked in the last couple of weeks (even when couples were in there so not a cat/lawson thing) is unedited conversations.

There have been a noticible increase in whole conversations or at least bigger chunks of a conversation than the first few weeks were showing. We are getting to see the comfort level and tones in which things are said, and see the whole context. A good example would be in the first few weeks the editing may have only showed Skye's comment to Ryan re veins, or Ryans comment to Skye about cellulite, but not the whole context of the conversation. The context gives a whole different spin on a comment.

I have always seen these kind of long interactions between housemates before in previous episodes. Even when Cat and Lawson werre still in the house every daily show had some normal housemate interactions.

How is housemate interactions real, but Cat and Lawson interacting not real considering it is basically the same thing? Housemates interacting. Cat and Lawson interacting. Cat and Lawson were housemates. So they had normal interactions on the show. Obviously housemates don't inteact with each other quite the same way like Cat and Lawson did, but they talk to each other like Cat and Lawson did, and they spoke their thoughts and feelings to each other like Cat and Lawson did.

Hm true that, but didn't you feel like we where watching the same thing on repeat, and got a little broken record like? Sure it had a bit of progress to it and some ups and downs ;) , as they opened up about themselves seeing each other, but a lot of it felt very awkward to me. The worst bit is that I really do feel like Lawson had a responsibility to stand up to Cat seeing as that's what he had agreed with Candice before entering, & seeing that ongoing infidelity as well as the public reaction was more annoying than anything I've ever seen on BB.

I think Lawsons particular situation was a very tough one, as has had a lot of history with Candice, and it sounds like they where a second family to him. Yet he was so torn and couldn't make up his mind, and he felt guilty about all the hurt that this caused their family, and somehow this weighed on us the audience and we had to put up with him being so indecisive, it almost appeared that he had no balls and could never make a decision if the answer was staring him in the face.

If he had been clear and made a tough call, and faced what he needed to on the show, and made admission of what he knows he wanted, all the cobwebs of weirdness about their relationship would have been rinsed away in my opinion. The fact that he could barely speak when pressed on anything to do with this just perpetuated and compounded the frustration about the situation. If he went onto BB and never discussed with Candice the possibility of hooking up on the show then he really has got a lot to learn about planning and being prepared for shit that might likely cross your path, he was totally naieve if this is the way he has behaved.

If this was the topic of a weeks worth of episodes, well that'd be ok. But this dragged on for over a month and in my opinion deprived us of all the other going ons in the house that we would love to have seen, in the end he seemed to carry on really rudely about his thing with Cat and could have handled it better tbh.

I get that one or both were your faves. But we saw less interaction with other HMs because of the showmance between them. Same with Aisha and Travvy to a certain extent. And then the whole Skye/Leo thing. Get your romance out of the BB house, I want to see how individuals react to each other, not couples.

We saw plenty of interactions between the housemates even when Cat and Lawson were still in the house.

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/videos/3836332315001/

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/videos/3837922118001/

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/videos/3864407894001/

http://www.jump-in.com.au/show/bigbrother/2014/videos/3842200286001/

No we didn't. We saw a hell of a lot in recaps that we had no context for because of Clawson. I get it tickled a lot of people. Did nothing for me except nearly made me turn off the show.

Hm true that, but didn't you feel like we where watching the same thing on repeat, and got a little broken record like? Sure it had a bit of progress to it and some ups and downs ;) , as they opened up about themselves seeing each other, but a lot of it felt very awkward to me. The worst bit is that I really do feel like Lawson had a responsibility to stand up to Cat seeing as that's what he had agreed with Candice before entering, & seeing that ongoing infidelity as well as the public reaction was more annoying than anything I've ever seen on BB.

I think Lawsons particular situation was a very tough one, as has had a lot of history with Candice, and it sounds like they where a second family to him. Yet he was so torn and couldn't make up his mind, and he felt guilty about all the hurt that this caused their family, and somehow this weighed on us the audience and we had to put up with him being so indecisive, it almost appeared that he had no balls and could never make a decision if the answer was staring him in the face.

If he had been clear and made a tough call, and faced what he needed to on the show, and made admission of what he knows he wanted, all the cobwebs of weirdness about their relationship would have been rinsed away in my opinion. The fact that he could barely speak when pressed on anything to do with this just perpetuated and compounded the frustration about the situation. If he went onto BB and never discussed with Candice the possibility of hooking up on the show then he really has got a lot to learn about planning and being prepared for shit that might likely cross your path, he was totally naieve if this is the way he has behaved.

If this was the topic of a weeks worth of episodes, well that'd be ok. But this dragged on for over a month and in my opinion deprived us of all the other going ons in the house that we would love to have seen, in the end he seemed to carry on really rudely about his thing with Cat and could have handled it better tbh.

What an amazing post! Very insightful too. I feel like I have gained something from it.

I felt that Cat and Lawson had moved towards the fact that Lawson were cheating on his girlfriend. It was the guilt, along with his sobriety, that was holding Lawson back to how he really felt about the whole situation. They seemed to be more acting like a couple at the end of their stay in the house.

I think the development of their storyline did repeat a few things, but only because they were stuck in a loop with Lawson having no real way to contact Candice.

I feel that the only thing Lawson was torn about was doing what he knew was the right thing and what he wanted (which was Cat).

I also think that Cat and Lawson are just two very awkward people. Their awkward interactions was what attracted me to them two in the first place. It's just who they are, not everyone can be confident.

Awww thanks, y'all too, I like to read about what every body is thinking on here, always learning new stuff and finding things that I never noticed or think about, this is the best show ever for psych.. People watching at it's best XD
agree, the forum experience just makes it that much better

I felt that Cat and Lawson had moved towards the fact that Lawson were cheating on his girlfriend. It was the guilt, along with his sobriety, that was holding Lawson back to how he really felt about the whole situation. They seemed to be more acting like a couple at the end of their stay in the house.

I think the development of their storyline did repeat a few things, but only because they were stuck in a loop with Lawson having no real way to contact Candice.

I feel that the only thing Lawson was torn about was doing what he knew was the right thing and what he wanted (which was Cat).

I also think that Cat and Lawson are just two very awkward people. Their awkward interactions was what attracted me to them two in the first place. It's just who they are, not everyone can be confident.
So what about everyone else in the house? Screw them like 9 has. Justify it with the showmance?

You're the one who has a gripe with people posting from other timezones... Oh my ... Hahaha. Why are you even watching this year ;)

giphy.gif
Does anyone remember the the Pot of Gold clip when the hamstring went? Classic.

I'm staying slightly neutral on this hate-fest! I do understand why people are off Skye but here's my opinions.... For what it's worth!

Before tonight, we were being shown footage of Ryan and Skye getting along, making amends and then Skye having a 2 day crush on Ryan. Do we actually know what order any of that happened? The bedroom scene (Skye saying Ryan's leg veins were gross) could very well have happened before any of the other drama. Or, it would make more sense that the Treehouse scene happened AFTER the bedroom scene. The sequence appeared to be skewed just going by reactions. (Kelly didn't want to cuddle with Skye in the bedroom, then followed her, she had the shits so said "I don't even like you Kelly").... At that point she was super pissed at David and Ryan.

Going by the order of events we saw tonight, Skye's particularly foul mood seemed to have started right after Cat's comments to her about how she is treating Leo. Somewhere in this mix, her BFF also left the house. a girl can have the shits, surely? No?

I think Skye has been very upfront with Leo regarding how she feels about him. She has never led him to believe that she wants anything more than a fling. Has he really fallen for Skye or does he see her as his ticket to the end? I love Leo, however, putting this blame on Skye for whatever it is.... Not exactly fair. Ryan put him there in the neighbours house in the first place but once again, comes out smelling like roses (Apart from his arm which prob has a stench of poo!).

It was pretty obvious, when they were poolside, that Skye was feeling henpecked by Leo and maybe he is smothering her...

Skye voted for Priya to come over for a visit from the neighbour house BEFORE the others had voted, which I thought showed her loyalty to a HM who has stuck by her since the beginning.

Someone else will get the shit-list edit tomorrow night, and someone else next Monday night.... That's how it rolllls! It will be interesting to see.

A different perspective.... No need to crucify me!!!

No we didn't. We saw a hell of a lot in recaps that we had no context for because of Clawson. I get it tickled a lot of people. Did nothing for me except nearly made me turn off the show.

Yes we did. There have been interactions betweeen housemates. What about the David and Priya talk last Wednesday? Or the Aisha/Sam/Priya/Travis thing about the spa treatment during the hotel task? Or what about that Friday episode which was basically dedicated to Leo and the other housemate's reactions to him? What about Skye arguing with Ryan?

Back