Skip to main content

Episode Day 59 (5/11/14) Daily show

Shouldn't the play for everyone to be to nominate originals? The intruders will be much easier to beat. Now was the last best chance to knock out the real competition.

These people just aren't strategic at all.

I use the Windows Media centre to scan for programmes and set up my recordings or watch TV etc, but I don't think a lot of people know enough about their TV set-ups to find what I call are the back channels. The main channels other channels, like Gem and Go and 7TWO. ABC22 and ABC24 etc.

People also get into a habit and the stunt they pulled tonight, by NOT having the nominations, is a new low and wont win them any more viewers, in fact they will probably drop off, even more. So, presumably, they will have nominations on the Thursday night show now, then NO programme Friday, Saturday or Sunday and an eviction on Monday. It sounds like they are just going through the motions and will just use the Jump-in site for voting. Too many changes, from the original BB, plus we dont get to see enough of the housemates to see who actually deserves $200,000.00. From what I've seen this year, none of them. Its so disappointing, after a decent series last year, but its now reached farcical levels, in my opinion. The last one out the door, turn out the lights. Only 70 pages tonight, must mean a lower audience. I watched the 20/20 cricket, the Aussies were as bad as the BB producers, but I bet they drew decent ratings.

Windows Media Centre is great ... I use it too to watch TV, so no longer use my actual TV. It's so much better, it's so easy to see what's on all the TV channels. I love it that I can easily choose what programs I want to record to watch or set up to to record all the series of a program so I no longer miss any. It's great that I can also record 2 programmes at the same time whether I'm home or not. I can watch one while both are recording. I just delete the TV files when I don't want to watch them again. My lovely son set up 2 monitors for me (he has 3 set up for his computer) so that I can watch TV on one and can use the other to surf the net or whatever I want to do at the same time. I also love that I can easily rewind to watch again and again anything that I missed seeing or hearing, or pause to have a closer look like when members here mentioned where Ryan grabbed Tom's butt after Cat left (missed seeing that at first), The big plus is that I've noticed that I'm using less electricity by not using my TV.

I watched this ep after reading the forum. (cricket tragic) I so expected so see half the housemates break out the baseball bats and either yell and scream at each other (no yelling happened) or stab each other (also a let down). someone needs to do a psycho study on the 'herd behaviour' of a forum!!

I watched this ep after reading the forum. (cricket tragic) I so expected so see half the housemates break out the baseball bats and either yell and scream at each other (no yelling happened) or stab each other (also a let down). someone needs to do a psycho study on the 'herd behaviour' of a forum!!

Believe it or not, forum behaviour/public opinion and reality TV shows are well represented within English curriculums under the 'media' banner. Students write persuasive and analytical texts around this topic at all levels of Secondary school....

Back