Skip to main content

Episode Day 59 (5/11/14) Daily show

The thing about Skye playing up for the cameras- isn't that what you are supposed to do on a tv show, be entertaining. Aisha was boring and almost completely disappeared.

The problem with the originals is that they all became bland and boring, just enjoying being cared for in the house, with very few characters, Priya and Skye and Lawson.

I'm happy to see anyone trying to be a character or play up to the camera. Tim drove the content a good deal last year.

Skye's mistake was assuming Leo would go. She distanced herself from him too soon and it might cost her a lot of her popularity.

Regarding being in the house, I recall a lot of people would go back because they don't have the stress of the real world. They live in a pretend bubble. This might be part of why relationships don't work out, because it is nothing close to being together in the real world.

It's great to read balanced debate and different opinions. I actually thought the same thing when those boys were talking about the carefree existence in the house. Imagine not having to worry about any of life's mundane crap?! Something David said struck a chord with me.... He said something like:

...if I want to know how Travis(?) is doing in the house, I don't have to look it up on the Internet coz he's right here....

Need to recheck that.
The reason I don't have FB I prefer interacting in RL with real people I can see what people are really doing. Taking away mobile phones and facebook from some people they wouldn't know how to actually talk
It was one of my favorite scenes in the episode tonight. I like when some real genuine experience of the BB experiment comes out

Cat is so f'n blind....

How can people like 3 different people in such a short amount of time?
UM how can you fall for someone 8 years younger than you that has a gf on the outside shamelessly on national television?
arhgha glad you're gone!

lmao I just saw that Lawson had liked a Tully tweet from November 2013.. have a feeling he had connections too

You're the one who has a gripe with people posting from other timezones... Oh my ... Hahaha. Why are you even watching this year ;)
So did you read my post or no? About how there was clearly no gripe? No?
Just saw the opportunity to throw shade?
tumblr_inline_nbp5uzcUQ81qfa8wb.gif

Compared to Aisha's tears over Travis' fake, how little did travis care about Aisha's departure? ...
It's almost like her use as propping him up as the alpha male, had been executed and now he's eyes solely on the finish line...

Makes them look anything but legit

Oh so it is Cat that Skye has a barney with
Skye was out of her depth in that conversation. Cat had it over her in spades.
The reason I don't have FB I prefer interacting in RL with real people I can see what people are really doing. Taking away mobile phones and facebook from some people they wouldn't know how to actually talk
It was one of my favorite scenes in the episode tonight. I like when some real genuine experience of the BB experiment comes out

I enjoyed the boys' conversation.

It was good to see a simple daily show tonight. No gimmicks, no evictions, no new intruders, no power plays, just a daily show.
Hopefully the viewers let BB know. Now that Cat, Lawson and Aisha have left the building and the Skye/Leo thing is tenuous, it's interesting how it's gone back to 'normal' and good to watch.

I don't understand the difference being on GO or C9? I don't care where it is, why is one Channel better than the other? Is GO not available to everyone?

I use the Windows Media centre to scan for programmes and set up my recordings or watch TV etc, but I don't think a lot of people know enough about their TV set-ups to find what I call are the back channels. The main channels other channels, like Gem and Go and 7TWO. ABC22 and ABC24 etc.

People also get into a habit and the stunt they pulled tonight, by NOT having the nominations, is a new low and wont win them any more viewers, in fact they will probably drop off, even more. So, presumably, they will have nominations on the Thursday night show now, then NO programme Friday, Saturday or Sunday and an eviction on Monday. It sounds like they are just going through the motions and will just use the Jump-in site for voting. Too many changes, from the original BB, plus we dont get to see enough of the housemates to see who actually deserves $200,000.00. From what I've seen this year, none of them. Its so disappointing, after a decent series last year, but its now reached farcical levels, in my opinion. The last one out the door, turn out the lights. Only 70 pages tonight, must mean a lower audience. I watched the 20/20 cricket, the Aussies were as bad as the BB producers, but I bet they drew decent ratings.

Am I the only one who doesn't like Lina?
She's come in and is so...sure of herself - for some reason I think Tom, Penny and Richard have eased in - they haven't made too many waves (despite the Priya incident). Lina seems very gameplay heavy - which is stupid for an intruder this late in the game to be like. Why did she not pull a Boog? just be fun and lighthearted - you really have no chance at all at winning this game.

She has a boyfriend on the outside, so that probably explains her low key act. She has done all the tasks asked of her, so kudos to her, for that. I thought it was funny, when she had the challenge to flirt with LEGO, I think he smelt a rat straight away, a young lady with her education and qualifications, wouldnt be interested in some sooky spoilt brat, in real life, let alone in the house.

Basically Go is the channel where they put things they don't want on Channel 9.

Its like a Claytons channel, the channel you have, when you arent having a channel. I dont know why the major players, were allowed to have these extra licenses and just fill them with repeats or home shopping and advertorials.

Hopefully the viewers let BB know. Now that Cat, Lawson and Aisha have left the building and the Skye/Leo thing is tenuous, it's interesting how it's gone back to 'normal' and good to watch.
While I'd love to blame it all on the showmances (and they DO deserve a good chunk of our wrath), tonight was courtesy of Ch 9 not caring what Alex did with the show as it was on GO so we got to see more of the real BB. Same as Alex confirmed via @Tim when Tim sussed out that the only episodes most of us on here liked at the start of the season were Thurs/Fri... not important demo or rating nights to 9.

He was able to do his own thing tonight because 9 didn't care as the much more expensive cricket was on and it was shunted to GO

Alex Mavroidakis favorited your Tweet
4h:
@AlexMavroidakis GREAT job with tonight's episode! It definitely felt more you and while we all know why, I still wanted to say thanks. :)

Bloody sucks that they have stuck their fingers in the pie much more this season but when you see sparks like this show tonight - which funnily enough some have called boring and there wasn't enough action aka the people 9 targets earlier in the week and who find the real BB too dull - you know it's because they've given him free reign simply for lack of caring.

Off topic for a moment, but did anyone see the wonderfully deep, stirring, heartfelt and sometimes funny eulogy given by Noel Pearson at the Gough Whitlam Memorial yesterday? He even mentioned a Monty Python sketch.

i may have missed this being discussed already, but what is with the Ryan ass grabbing thing, i saw the pics, are we missing something, or is he !!!

Teflon was invisible for the first 5 weeks, now he is trying to get on more intimate terms with the other housemates.

Back