Skip to main content

Episode Day 58 (Tues 24/09/13): Live Intruders Special

There is an old episode of the Twilight Zone where there is a kid who is omnipotent. And he doesn't like to be scolded. Every time something bizarre happens people are required to say 'It's good that Tim did this.' So, during the Ashes when the ball turns into a pigeon the commentator would say '...and Siddle is coming around the wicket, it pitches short and turns into a pigeon, and you know what we say/ It's good that Tim did this, it's good.''

Tim in his confessions seems like this kid. Talking about Drew, for example, all that matters is what Tim wants. Like when he took Ben's shirt on the LNF.

Dunno what this means, but Tim isn't my favourite tonight.

You can see Mike Goldman waving his arms up and down to get the crowd to cheer louder in Tully's behind the scenes eviction video.

Yeah I saw that but it saw that as more of getting the crowd pumped up for that specific moment. Really not a fan of the Ben Awws and Oohs though.

It looked to me like a mass arm-raising victory celebration when Tully's name was called to go.

Seriously channel nine, seriously?. What a huge pile of manipulative choreographed shinola last night's episode was. I now record the show to ff through the Ben show and other tedious boring footage! As much as I disliked last years hm's, at least the show was a natural progression. Losing me guys, losing me.

Hmmm….not the best show ever, some of it we could have survived without and some (from a viewer’s sense) I very nearly didn’t survive!! It’s a bit rich to talk up a 90min intruder special and then give them 30min including ads!! Good news is it can only get better, especially with some new faces!
Speaking if which …..I will reserve full judgement until we actually get to see a bit more of them but first impressions were not so good for Justynn but not so bad for Nathan.
Now….is it better for Tim to be rude to the first new guy and drop him like a hot spud when the second new guy comes in or be rude to the second new guy and continue something he had started with the first new guy? To be fair he yelled out “I’ll meet you later” and not long after involved Justynn with “let’s follow the new guy” and then as he walked out side a big cheery “ how’s it going” for Nathan, he did get awkwardly caught with his back to Nathan when they came into the kitchen but I don’t think that was intentional……you can’t please all of the people………..
Good to see Ed and Jade getting involved a bit more but unfortunately ( or fortunately for us if it helps lead to Eds eviction!) it seems to be their jealousy of Tim and Tahan respectively that’s dragging them out of their shells.

I have to admit, last nights show wasn't the best. I wish we got to see more of the intruders instead of a five minute segment at the end.

Um did anyone catch what mumble bum Ed said??
Think of the challenge for the subtitle people. It must be like trying to decipher an EVP from a paranormal investigation:

"See if we take out all of the back ground noise and run it through a filter and enhance the quality x 200 you can almost hear him say, 'The bitch is mine!!' Oh wait. It's Ed. Clearly he is saying, 'Help! Help! Get this bitch off me!!'"

Tim was cooking dinner when the intruders arrived. I thought that might have been why he delayed catching up with Nathan.

Noticed Tully tweeted near the start of the show so apparently she watched the show. I hope she felt like shit because it certainly didn't seem to me like his concept & her (now) story of their relationship mesh up. I wouldn't be surprised if Drew gained a ton of sympathy from this show because it sure comes off like she used & abused him.

I'm pretty sure that was her bruise cream with her ring that Tully left Drew?..she said she would in live feed LOL ...at the time it made me think of when she had hit him a couple of times when she was mad at him.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Those bruises could be regarded as "love marks."

I hope Tully hooks up with Drew when he gets out. I love love! :)

What a Meh episode!

I wish I had other things I could have watched instead so I could have taped it - it just dragged and dragged and dragged!

So far Justynnnnn is a total douche who I am pegging as all talk, Nathan seems sweet but dislike that he hasn't been watching.

I realised the other day the only housemate I really like and look forward to seeing is Tim, everyone else is just whatevers bar Tully who was there for abuse. I could look forward to saeeing Nathan is he gets interesting.

Now that Tully is out of the house, I am relying on Justine to lead the mutiny against Tim.

Go Justine!

There is an old episode of the Twilight Zone where there is a kid who is omnipotent. And he doesn't like to be scolded. Every time something bizarre happens people are required to say 'It's good that Tim did this.' So, during the Ashes when the ball turns into a pigeon the commentator would say '...and Siddle is coming around the wicket, it pitches short and turns into a pigeon, and you know what we say/ It's good that Tim did this, it's good.''

Tim in his confessions seems like this kid. Talking about Drew, for example, all that matters is what Tim wants. Like when he took Ben's shirt on the LNF.

Dunno what this means, but Tim isn't my favourite tonight.

I loved that episode of TZ. I thought you were going to be talking about Ben being that kid though not Tim.

Back