Skip to main content

Episode Day 51 (Tues 17/09/13): Late Night Feast

What a shit episode. Majority of it was a repeat of Mondays show. Lame, lame, lame.

I am watching it now and getting massive de ja vu... I am glad to hear it was recycled footage, it was bugging me! But I'm also not glad to hear that, as that is lame lame lame!

Does anyone notice how verbally abusive Tully is to Drew?
She will call him an expletive the moment he hasn't done what she wants or worse....hasn't told her everything.
She called him a fuckwit simply because he didn't tell her about the hidden alcohol, then later was dancing and called him an arsehole and that she hated him 'right now'.

My ex was like this, he needs to run and fast.

When she called him an arsehole AGAIN last night I thought the exact same thing, seriously the a-hole count must waaay into triple digits by now. We have seen it multiple times on the daily shows, imagine how many don't make it to air. Her little effort on the dancefloor is exactly the same every LNF too. Swear at or otherwise abuse Drew, dance away 'sexy' checking that Drew follows and if he does rinse and repeat. If Drew doesn't follow ramp up the abuse and dance away even 'sexier' and on and on and on and on.

She got some real big problems.

When she called him an arsehole AGAIN last night I thought the exact same thing, seriously the a-hole count must waaay into triple digits by now. We have seen it multiple times on the daily shows, imagine how many don't make it to air. Her little effort on the dancefloor is exactly the same every LNF too. Swear at or otherwise abuse Drew, dance away 'sexy' checking that Drew follows and if he does rinse and repeat. If Drew doesn't follow ramp up the abuse and dance away even 'sexier' and on and on and on and on.

She gave him a huge dancefloor shove as well, it reminded me of when she hit him over Tim's fake birthday.

It is basic instrumental conditioning - if you reward the behaviour, it will happen more often. He needs to stop rewarding her bad behaviour and catch her being good, and give her a reward then. Mikkayla as a teacher and a dog trainer could tell him this.

I've always been very naturally thin, and I have had instances in the past where I have complained that something I was wearing made me look bad and it has upset a friend of mine who is a little bigger. The issue for me was because I myself didn't see my friend as being overweight or unattractive, it didn't occur to me that me putting myself down would effect them. I can see the same thing with Jade being around Mikkayla. Jade doesn't seem to think there is a problem with the way Mikkayla looks at all (it's Tahan, Tully and Tim that have issues with it), so I don't think she realised that making comments like that around people like Mikkalya was an issue. I've been there, and it's not usually until your friend actually says something that you realise the implications. You were only worried about your own insecurities because to you there is nothing wrong with the way your friend looks.

And let's be honest here. That dress did make Jake look pregnant. Tully told her herself.

I can understand both perspectives, and Oddjob there is another lot of females who have to fight furiously not to end up fat, Tahan spend hours on that tredmill.

It's such a complicated issue women & weight.
Of 8 kids, 5 of my siblings are obese, 3 of us were more athletically & outdoorsy physically outgoing kids & terrified into anorexia or extreme weight watching by our siblings overweight issues, mostly we just became really picky eaters & made food unimportant.

Yes Pavlovs Dogs.

Other thoughts, Ed is much more interesting when he is drunk.
Loved it when they all called out Tully for wrecking the game.
I think Jade might be a size 6 but I just can't be sure, if only she would tell us.

I am watching it now and getting massive de ja vu... I am glad to hear it was recycled footage, it was bugging me! But I'm also not glad to hear that, as that is lame lame lame!

Am I the only one really having fun this week? The twist, obviously, is blah, but the fights were fun, Matt went home, the noms were fun, the feast was fun. Drew is getting better. Ben in the pool was cool. People are standing up to Tully and not letting fear of a tantrum stop them from trying to help her. Ed is struggling. I have had a reality tv ball so far this week, and this time tomorrow I'll be watching the new Survivor..

We've had hacker attacks (why an Australian Big Brother forum, of all things?), I went back to work, Breaking Bad was awesome. I've had a good time chatting on here while I can before work really kicks in, Yeah. I think it's been a fun couple of days.

But maybe I am wrong for liking a show I watch.

If anyone gives away any Breaking Bad spoilers I may have to hunt you down and kill you dead. :)

I have a marathon planned for the weekend.

I can understand both perspectives, and Oddjob there is another lot of females who have to fight furiously not to end up fat, Tahan spend hours on that tredmill.

and i think therein lies the reason Tahan gets so frustrated listening to Mikkayla complain and say she has issues then turn around and eat whatever she wants and lay about in the sun ... if she truly wanted to make improvements she is surely intelligent enough to realise she has to work at it and put some effort in ... and should be intelligent enough to know to start with small steps not stupid "Jade diets" which are never ever going to be sustainable ... the SugarSistahs just support Mikkayla in her insecurities and bolster her with words that are ultimately less helpful than possibly Tahan's straight forwardness ...

Tahan is very blunt ... if she could somehow learn to couch her words with encouragement or back them up with action (come on Mikkayla lets work of lunch with a few laps around the pool )... or something - maybe just maybe it would have better results. She's got a long way to go before she could ever be a great motivator thats for sure!

ultimately Mikkayla has to make the changes for HER not for what others think/say or what she thinks they think/say ... noone else can do it for her

I think Matt was great pointing out that the guys have talked about things like how they find a woman who is happy with herself much sexier than someone who isn't

its true - brings to mind the actress who plays Jenny in Winners and Losers ... she's not model-thin or tall but she oozes with great style, self confidence and personality ... put her in a room with Jade and Mikkayla and I think after an hour she'd be the one holding anyone's interest ... not Jade who once you got past ogling the body and have to make conversation with her turns it around to me me model me me body me me me underwear me me me ...

It's such a complicated issue women & weight.
Of 8 kids, 5 of my siblings are obese, 3 of us were more athletically & outdoorsy physically outgoing kids & terrified into anorexia or extreme weight watching by our siblings overweight issues, mostly we just became really picky eaters & made food unimportant.
It is, it's socially acceptable to comment and critique smaller/skinny women moreso than large women.
'Stick' 'Beanpole' 'Bag of bones' etc etc or, my personal favourite 'Men prefer women with curves'....actually I suppose that's irrelevent for me but these names make smaller chicks feel really unsexy.
Don't forget like 300 years ago or so, chicks now considered 'overweight' would have been preferred over someone smaller because of the whole child bearing hips thing.
And even now most guys I talk to like a woman with 'meat on her bones' and I know myself I like chicks around Stacey12's size.

I really don't think there's anything wrong with most sizes, of course morbidly obese is different and people that have fat allocated in the belly (but this mostly men).

I thought it was quite pathetic the way Ed and Matt attacked Tully during the late night feast for babying Drew when their real qualm with Tully is about something entirely different.

I thought it was quite pathetic the way Ed and Matt attacked Tully during the late night feast for babying Drew when their real qualm with Tully is about something entirely different.

They were trying to help Tully and like always she makes herself seem like she is being attacked and she is this pitiful "victim", i'm sick of her. Literally, Tully is a manipulative little witch. Drew would have such a better game if she was gone.
Tully doesn't deserve to be in the house and needs to go home!

Her hands are blood red stained with guilt

It is basic instrumental conditioning - if you reward the behaviour, it will happen more often. He needs to stop rewarding her bad behaviour and catch her being good, and give her a reward then. Mikkayla as a teacher and a dog trainer could tell him this.
Unfortunately there are many flaws in conditioning theory when applied to humans. We are not dogs who will perform just for a reward. We are complex beings who do not always respond in ways that are in our best interests for a variety of reasons. Attempting this in the BB setting will more likely result in a major meltdown than a cessation of bad behaviour. Unfortunately, I think Tully would need long-term therapy to deal with her issues for her behaviours to change significantly.

Unfortunately there are many flaws in conditioning theory when applied to humans. We are not dogs who will perform just for a reward. We are complex beings who do not always respond in ways that are in our best interests for a variety of reasons. Attempting this in the BB setting will more likely result in a major meltdown than a cessation of bad behaviour. Unfortunately, I think Tully would need long-term therapy to deal with her issues for her behaviours to change significantly.

But do you reckon rewarding her bed behaviour - as Drew is doing, as opposed to the way Matt handled it the other week - do you think rewarding it like that doesn't make it continue? It can't be helping.

I haven't looked at this stuff since uni, years ago, but I think sometime we act for reward - Pokies, for example are pretty well explained by a Skinner box with a random reward feed.

Anyway, I cannot see how rewarding her bad behaviour could have a positive effect.

I'm not saying that rewarding it doesn't reinforce the behaviour - it most certainly does. What I am saying is that to stop rewarding the behaviour may not have the desired effect - it may get worse (especially in the short-term) or manifest in other negative behaviours. My point is that there not an easy, quick solution. Things like this frequently take years of therapy to determine what motivates the behaviour in the 1st place - ignoring that aspect won't resolve anything & could make things worse.

Have fun with Breaking Bad. I had to peek through my hands.

Ha ha what's new about that; I think I have spent 3/4 of my Breaking Bad viewing time behind the hands!

Also regarding the weight thing I will add my two cents, I am 180cm and 60kg so yes I am thin. I like to eat hot chips for lunch at least twice a week at work. I don't like people constantly pointing it out to me that I eat chips. I will eat the bloody things if I want to and I don't care if you are jelly over that. I exercise and eat sensible portion sizes. I never comment on anyone elses lunch and imagie if I went up to a larger person and said oh eating two sambos for lunch again are you - I would probably be in the HR dept after having a complaint lodged.

So I don't really know where I am going with this point just to say yes it is a very complicated area.

My only real pet hate in the whole weight business is people who think they are going to lose weight by dieting. Input must equal output and if you are not willing to take that on board I have no sympathy for your weight.

Last edited:
They were trying to help Tully and like always she makes herself seem like she is being attacked and she is this pitiful "victim", i'm sick of her. Literally, Tully is a manipulative little witch. Drew would have such a better game if she was gone.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought this. I groaned watching that fight. I was really riled up when she acted like a beaten up victim and crying to drew about how eds eyes were terrifying and the way he spoke to her scared her. Bloody hell! Over effing reaction!

Tully and Drew were both victims in the situation with Ed.

Tully and Drew were both victims in the situation with Ed.

No they were not. Ed tried to tell tully she emotionally hijacks situations, she got defensive and made her self the victim saying ed was scaring her and he was being aggressive. He got annoyed told her not to trust drew, she further victimises herself. She then walks around the house acting like someone had beaten her up acting terrified so people will sympathise with her and give her attention. She then tries to make tahan see how she is the victim. Finally she is shaking and crying and acting hysterical with drew as if she was just abused. Drew is annoyed and extremely angry that ed would do this to her. She over exaggerated big time.

Back