Skip to main content

Episode Day 31 (Wed 28/08/13): Daily Show + Confidential

I was not a fan of Jade but really felt for her tonight, She mush really have struggled at a school and its had a massive impact in her self esteem.

Some one should tell her that if you don't want to be seen as just a model and judged on your looks then don't play them as your weapon when you do. Perhaps wear less make up, wear shorts that actually don't show your ass cheeks and the constant attention seeking of trying to use your assets. Show other sides of yourself such as intellect etc. The old saying if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's a duck. That is how advertising works what your present is what people see, if you don't want to be judged by your looks don't flaunt them. If I see a billboard advertising Coke i know it's coke and it's trying to make me buy it. You are what you sell.

It is sad that so many young girls like her a conditioned to think that al they have is what they look like, and i hope someone gives her the right advice in life and she doesn't become another statistics of yo yo dieting beauty obsessives that so many girls like her become

SHUT UP Tully, if you don't go home next week I have not voted enough.
As soon as Caleb talked about OCD she claims to have it too, then talks about game obsession (this is not OCD it is just an obsession)

Tully you had so much potential, and now you just cry, like I get BB is an emotional experience and you are moved but not EVERYTHING is about you.

It is no longer the Tim Show but the Tully show.

Oh and we will all be disappointed because she will win showdown and save herself

Last edited:
It is sad that so many young girls like her a conditioned to think that al they have is what they look like, and i hope someone gives her the right advice in life and she doesn't become another statistics of yo yo dieting beauty obsessives that so many girls like her become

I actually think she's aware of this given her comments about leaving modelling due to the unhealthy aspect of it. I can't remember how old she is, (23ish maybe?) but it can be a rough stage in life for some women as you're trying to find your identity away from being a teen and you're bombarded by well-meaning friends/family regarding marriage and children. Jade has already been fairly clear that she sees herself married young with a family and I get the feeling that she was expecting her previous relationship to head in that direction. Her self confidence has gotten a big shake up and I have to give her points for taking a huge step back and re-evaluating her life, which is what she's done by coming back to Aus, living with her grandmother and finding a job well away from that high lifestyle.

Your concern for Tully's welfare is so obviously fake.

I wouldn't have said it if it was fake and I knew someone that had depression and was given shock therapy and that is why I said it.

I still think she needs to be evicted from the house but maybe my reasons have changed since her meltdown on eviction night and I don't think she deserves to be saved because of her meltdown. I think she need to get out of the house and get some help.

So my thoughts about that episode...

Tim is seriously such great quality in that house.

I saw a different side to Tully in tonight's episode. Doesn't excuse her previous behaviour at all, but I kinda enjoyed hearing her thoughts about being in the house with guys and also her Sims thing. I think I just found it appealing more for the intrigue of it. I still find her sulky though.

Really liked hearing Caleb open up about his OCD too. It kinda reminded me of a couple quirks I have and it was nice to be able to hear about that side of him.

Mikkayla is definitely way up there in my top 3 faves, alongside Tahan and Tim!

Jade is an absolute complete desperado. That bed scene with Ed was so so so cringeworthy. I have a feeling that if Tully doesn't get evicted this week, it'll so be Jade by a landslide.

Drew has such sexy moments on screen. There was a shot tonight in the kitchen where I swear his whole package was just resting on the bench through his track suit pants lol! Ugh. :rolleyes:

The quiz games were actually pretty funny. Mind you, I still don't like how they practically only have like two days for tasks now - we don't even see how it affects the week anymore. Do they still even have the shopping budgets and food rationing if they pass or fail? Don't think we've heard about it at all this year?

Matt continued to prove he serves no purpose in there, nor anywhere lol. He is just so thick.

I still don't get the leniency on nominations talk either. I mean, I actually kind of don't mind how they can discuss it at the moment, by not revealing who they voted for and stuff but just by discussing it in general. My problem with why it annoys me though is that the whole rule hasn't actually been acknowledged as whether it still exists or if it's been downgraded now. If they'd just had Sonia or BB say mention something at the start of the season about it I'd be fine with it. It's just that back in the day this type of talk would have been severely punished for. I just want them to acknowledge and officially state to us that this particular type of "nominations talk" is supposedly allowed now as long as the housemates don't reveal any actual votes.

Also, Ben should be completely ashamed and embarrassed after that cooking thing. The other housemates must feel and think the same too as it appears they just feel the need to baby him all the time. If anyone can't see anything wrong with him then there's a major issue, I think. He is a 30 year-old grown man for goodness sake! He was all like "oh...well...I guess I'm going to have to learn how to cook if I'm to survive in here...in the Big Brother house" ... um, HOW ABOUT SURVIVING IN REALITY?! That whole scene both in the bedroom and then him having to have Mikkayla show him how to cut a bloody carrot speaks wonders. I mean, I just don't understand how people like that can survive full-stop, let alone live their normal lives? I mean, I say this in the nicest way possible but surely he'd have to have some sort of problem in his head? It's just not normal and there really isn't an excuse for it unless he has a disability. He was even talking like a child! To compare, it's one thing for Bradley last year to be "mummied" while in the house, but this is a 30 year-old guy who's needing more "mummying" than Bradley ever did! It's just bizarre.

What makes this even worse is that we saw Ben act like this 7 year-old in that one scene, then basically in the very next segment, there he was putting on this totally different personality in the quiz game?!

He is so awkward to watch in this house now and it's making me really uncomfortable.

But apart from all that, t'was a decent episode again! They're definitely getting better with including a lot more conversations and real stuff from the house as opposed to gimmicks. :)

....I didn't bother with Confidential. :p

Last edited:
What annoyed me about the Tim/Ben thing the most was that Ben got all holier than thou about chicken killing but then wouldn't answer the leather question, you don't get to have it both ways mate.
Rewatching it now (don't judge... can't sleep!!) I'm surprised more of us didn't pick up on this earlier. That whole conversation between Tim and Ben started with Ben imitating killing a chicken and saying some PETA stuff. He mocked their dinner so if he didn't want to be asked about being a vego, he should've stfu. Never would've come up otherwise.

And seeing that Tully/Drew conversation again, I think we were right on the mark re her referring to Tahlia and *maybe* her feelings for Drew.

Forgot to add: And no Tully, using a video game as escapism is NOT OCD you silly cow. But yeah, let's continue to make it all about you.

So my thoughts about that episode...

Tim is seriously such great quality in that house.

I saw a different side to Tully in tonight's episode. Doesn't excuse her previous behaviour at all, but I kinda enjoyed hearing her thoughts about being in the house with guys and also her Sims thing. I think I just found it appealing more for the intrigue of it. I still find her sulky though.

Really liked hearing Caleb open up about his OCD too. It kinda reminded me of a couple quirks I have and it was nice to be able to hear about that side of him.

Mikkayla is definitely way up there in my top 3 faves, alongside Tahan and Tim!

Jade is an absolute complete desperado. That bed scene with Ed was so so so cringeworthy. I have a feeling that if Tully doesn't get evicted this week, it'll so be Jade by a landslide.

Drew has such sexy moments on screen. There was a shot tonight in the kitchen where I swear his whole package was just resting on the bench through his track suit pants lol! Ugh. :rolleyes:

The quiz games were actually pretty funny. Mind you, I still don't like how they practically only have like two days for tasks now - we don't even see how it affects the week anymore. Do they still even have the shopping budgets and food rationing if they pass or fail? Don't think we've heard about it at all this year?

Matt continued to prove he serves no purpose in there, nor anywhere lol. He is just so thick.

I still don't get the leniency on nominations talk either. I mean, I actually kind of don't mind how they can discuss it at the moment, by not revealing who they voted for and stuff but just by discussing it in general. My problem with why it annoys me though is that the whole rule hasn't actually been acknowledged as whether it still exists or if it's been downgraded now. If they'd just had Sonia or BB say mention something at the start of the season about it I'd be fine with it. It's just that back in the day this type of talk would have been severely punished for. I just want them to acknowledge and officially state to us that this particular type of "nominations talk" is supposedly allowed now as long as the housemates don't reveal any actual votes.

Also, Ben should be completely ashamed and embarrassed after that cooking thing. The other housemates must feel and think the same too as it appears they just feel the need to baby him all the time. If anyone can't see anything wrong with him then there's a major issue, I think. He is a 30 year-old grown man for goodness sake! He was all like "oh...well...I guess I'm going to have to learn how to cook if I'm to survive in here...in the Big Brother house" ... um, HOW ABOUT SURVIVING IN REALITY?! That whole scene both in the bedroom and then him having to have Mikkayla show him how to cut a bloody carrot speaks wonders. I mean, I just don't understand how people like that can survive full-stop, let alone live their normal lives? I mean, I say this in the nicest way possible but surely he'd have to have some sort of problem in his head? It's just not normal and there really isn't an excuse for it unless he has a disability. He was even talking like a child! To compare, it's one thing for Bradley last year to be "mummied" while in the house, but this is a 30 year-old guy who's needing more "mummying" than Bradley ever did! It's just bizarre.

What makes this even worse is that we saw Ben act like this 7 year-old in that one scene, then basically in the very next segment, there he was putting on this totally different personality in the quiz game?!

He is so awkward to watch in this house now and it's making me really uncomfortable.

But apart from all that, t'was a decent episode again! They're definitely getting better with including a lot more conversations and real stuff from the house as opposed to gimmicks. :)

....I didn't bother with Confidential. :p

Thanks for sharing your thoughts :) You didn't miss much with Confidential, it's probably the only BB show that I just have on in the background whilst I am doing other stuff. I find it pointless esp now that Late Night Feast is on.

Dear, 'the Theorist'

Clearly you are a huge fan of Big Brother the TV show and BBBA the website, why would you skip Confidential?
I do understand your gimmick theory, but...???

Regards -B!LL!

BTW: Very Nice summary you made of 'tonight's' episode.
I've just watched the late replay and enjoyed it.
When it was on earlier I was not really paying attention and made some stupid comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgot to add: And no Tully, using a video game as escapism is NOT OCD you silly cow. But yeah, let's continue to make it all about you.

Thank you. Caleb's story was proper OCD behaviour. Tully was just 'I'm sad so ill immerse myself in video games' and oh maybe the public will hear this and sympathise with me some more. I can't sleep either

Let's vote to save all the other nominees so Tully gets evicted and then we can find out what it is she doesn't want to face????

I love this ^^^^^^^

I think the reason Tully is afraid concerns the love triangle of her, Tahlia & Drew for sure. I also think Tahan was bang on about Tully/Drew in the diary room. I don't see anything sexual in the way he looks at her but she almost salivates over him and she is the one who initiates the touching almost all the time. I also agree with Riddim that there is no difference really between the way Tully is chasing Drew & Jade is chasing Ed except that Tully did it more subtley and tapped into maybe a few insecurities and playing on Drew being a bit of a soft touch, Jade bless her has done it with all the subtlety of a sledge hammer and Mr Not So Prince Charming has not really been man enough to tell her outright that in his view she is basically the kind of girl you shag not the kind of girl you take home to meet mum because that's about the size of it. If only she knew how unperfect her apparently mr perfect is. Jade really needs to get some help on this whole "I'm nothing but my looks" thing she has got going on, and when she gets out and sees how Ed basically told everyone but her straight up that he wasn't interested she may need that help even more.

Spot on Ichi about the Ben/Tim debate, yes take the moral high ground over killing a chicken but don't answer the question about leather that probably tells us the answer. Not liking Ben much sorry, his multiple personalities are weirding me out a bit and I feel a bit like "will the real Ben please stand up".

Interesting to hear about Caleb's OCD (oh me too shouts the one who the world revolves around) wonder if there is any link with the facial tics he does. He is the least boring of the meatheads at the moment for me.

Mikkayla and Tim are great entertainment for me. I do love the fact that Mikkayla knows they hate her bossiness but still doesn't reign it in.

The conversation between Matt, Caleb and Heidi about Tim - trying to influence nominations again???? Make them pay BB, make them pay!!!!

Drew in the diary room, those eyes and the "why are you talking to my wife" comment may have made me swoon just a tad ;)

That's all for now, as you were :D

I love this ^^^^^^^

I think the reason Tully is afraid concerns the love triangle of her, Tahlia & Drew for sure. I also think Tahan was bang on about Tully/Drew in the diary room. I don't see anything sexual in the way he looks at her but she almost salivates over him and she is the one who initiates the touching almost all the time. I also agree with Riddim that there is no difference really between the way Tully is chasing Drew & Jade is chasing Ed except that Tully did it more subtley and tapped into maybe a few insecurities and playing on Drew being a bit of a soft touch, Jade bless her has done it with all the subtlety of a sledge hammer and Mr Not So Prince Charming has not really been man enough to tell her outright that in his view she is basically the kind of girl you shag not the kind of girl you take home to meet mum because that's about the size of it. If only she knew how unperfect her apparently mr perfect is. Jade really needs to get some help on this whole "I'm nothing but my looks" thing she has got going on, and when she gets out and sees how Ed basically told everyone but her straight up that he wasn't interested she may need that help even more.

Spot on Ichi about the Ben/Tim debate, yes take the moral high ground over killing a chicken but don't answer the question about leather that probably tells us the answer. Not liking Ben much sorry, his multiple personalities are weirding me out a bit and I feel a bit like "will the real Ben please stand up".

Interesting to hear about Caleb's OCD (oh me too shouts the one who the world revolves around) wonder if there is any link with the facial tics he does. He is the least boring of the meatheads at the moment for me.

Mikkayla and Tim are great entertainment for me. I do love the fact that Mikkayla knows they hate her bossiness but still doesn't reign it in.

The conversation between Matt, Caleb and Heidi about Tim - trying to influence nominations again???? Make them pay BB, make them pay!!!!

Drew in the diary room, those eyes and the "why are you talking to my wife" comment may have made me swoon just a tad ;)

That's all for now, as you were :D

You summed up how I feel about most of it very well. Anyone notice Ben is being more assertive but it's too much so for his supposed shy and mild personality?? Maybe it's just with Tim? Maybe it's very clever deflection off topics he doesn't like? Whatever the case I think he is far more clued up than he would like us to believe.

You summed up how I feel about most of it very well. Anyone notice Ben is being more assertive but it's too much so for his supposed shy and mild personality?? Maybe it's just with Tim? Maybe it's very clever deflection off topics he doesn't like? Whatever the case I think he is far more clued up than he would like us to believe.

I'm getting a completely different feel. To me, he comes across as someone who knows who he is and what he wants to be like, but he's uncomfortable being himself. Maybe he's had bad experiences in the past with people rejecting him for his true self; he comes across like he *really* cares what other people think about him. Too much so. So as he's getting positive feedback about his behaviour, he comes more and more out of his shell, testing the waters to see if people will like other aspects of him. But when he gets negative feedback, like with Tim tonight, it shakes him up, scares him, and makes him retreat into his shell again.

The whole insecurity shtick he has going on is getting annoying -- not because I think he's faking it or playing it up for attention or anything nefarious like that. It just makes me frustrated because he just needs to start believing in himself. Constantly having to reassure someone gets old really fast.

It's similar to Jade, in a way. She has these massive hangups about her appearance and intelligence, and it just gets old constantly having to hear about it, when it's really freaking obvious to everyone else.

If the feedback you're getting from others is positive nine times out of ten, it's time to stop letting your anxiety consume you so much.

I'm getting a completely different feel. To me, he comes across as someone who knows who he is and what he wants to be like, but he's uncomfortable being himself. Maybe he's had bad experiences in the past with people rejecting him for his true self; he comes across like he *really* cares what other people think about him. Too much so. So as he's getting positive feedback about his behaviour, he comes more and more out of his shell, testing the waters to see if people will like other aspects of him. But when he gets negative feedback, like with Tim tonight, it shakes him up, scares him, and makes him retreat into his shell again.

The whole insecurity shtick he has going on is getting annoying -- not because I think he's faking it or playing it up for attention or anything nefarious like that. It just makes me frustrated because he just needs to start believing in himself. Constantly having to reassure someone gets old really fast.

It's similar to Jade, in a way. She has these massive hangups about her appearance and intelligence, and it just gets old constantly having to hear about it, when it's really freaking obvious to everyone else.

If the feedback you're getting from others is positive nine times out of ten, it's time to stop letting your anxiety consume you so much.

See this is what freaks me out about Ben. You conclusion could be right as well as mine or others. I just can't quite figure him out to be 100% sure of anything. I agree re reassurance stuff (him/jade/anyone) ... I like to think that of someone is a good person then we all like to help pull up their confidence etc but it does wear thin if you have to keep on doing it.

Dear, 'the Theorist'

Clearly you are a huge fan of Big Brother the TV show and BBBA the website, why would you skip Confidential?
I do understand your gimmick theory, but...???

Regards -B!LL!

BTW: Very Nice summary you made of 'tonight's' episode.
I've just watched the late replay and enjoyed it.
When it was on earlier I was not really paying attention and made some stupid comments.
I haven't missed an episode of Big Brother since 2001 - I will catch up on Confidential at a later date, I was out for dinner went it aired and stayed up late to watch the Daily Show before I went to bed. ;) For the time being, Confidential is one of those shows that isn't too crucial to the rest of the series at the moment, so I'll get around to it when I can.

Thank you. Caleb's story was proper OCD behaviour. Tully was just 'I'm sad so ill immerse myself in video games' and oh maybe the public will hear this and sympathise with me some more. I can't sleep either

Video game addiction can be a very serious problem. A close relative of mine had it and it destroyed his marriage.

Video game addiction can be a very serious problem. A close relative of mine had it and it destroyed his marriage.
yes it is a serous problem but it's not OCD but people with OCD can be addicted to video games. I actually liked that Tully revealed that part of her life and how she struggled to cope with her mother's illness. She needs to show us more of herself.

I haven't missed an episode of Big Brother since 2001 - I will catch up on Confidential at a later date, I was out for dinner went it aired and stayed up late to watch the Daily Show before I went to bed. ;) For the time being, Confidential is one of those shows that isn't too crucial to the rest of the series at the moment, so I'll get around to it when I can.

I watch Confidential but only in the background. Sometimes you can glean a bit from it but most times it's a bit gimmicky so I completely understand that it's lower in priority.

I am totally over Ben being in the house ... something suddenly turned my "WRONG!" button on when watching his reaction to the male HM's on the Feast show ... then seeing him walking into the bedrooms and watching the females getting dressed ... he's become the pervy slimy friend in the way he moves between groups ... added to comments he made about hanging out in the bathroom now that he knows certain people are showering naked ...

added to all that is this uselessness of his - it must have make some of the HM's sick to hear him getting patted on the head for cutting up a few vegetables for dinner! WHOOPDEEE fkn DOOOO! a guy his age should be able to look at the end result and work out for himself how to cut a carrot and trim some broccoli! he is more than capable of reading a packet to work out how to "cook" a vegie pattie .. its not a case of CANT with him - its a case of WONT! He's bone lazy and wants everyone else to do the ikky stuff he doesnt want to do!

Time to go Ben - I can put up with Tully's tears much more than my yelling at the screen in annoyance at you!! and I don't want to feel creeped out by you anymore either!!

Back