Skip to main content

Episode Day 3 (10/09/14) Daily Show

@Sly .... and seeing how this season will probably play out it makesBB less 'appointment TV', you won't be voting because you're not invested, you still get to enjoy this forum which is far more entertaining at times and if you miss a couple of shows it's not really an issue.

Reactions: Sly
My main problem with last night's show is it's clear we're not watching an actual reality show anymore. What we see isn't the reality. The original concept of the show is that Big Brother was always watching, but so were we. I didn't mind the removal of live cams as much as most people, because I agree somewhat with some of the arguments of it. Would I love to have them? Sure, but I can deal with not having them.

The lack of live updates is another blow. There's no reasoning to not have them, because they can still make sure nothing inappropriate comes out. They can filter it. The thing is that last night's show was the complete evolution of this - we're not getting shown any reality. It's all contrived rubbish.

Firstly, it wasn't in sequential order. Instead, it was in the order that the producers chose for the show to be in. This means that not only are we only seeing the conversations that Alex and co want us to see, but we're only seeing them in the order that they want us to see things. This is manipulating the show to the point of ridiculousness, because, unless it's as poorly edited as last night's show was, we can't actually tell what's happening when, and we can't trust what we're being shown. How are we to know who bitched about who first if we know they will so willingly swap footage around to suit their agenda?

Secondly, it was ludicrously contrived. It's not reality if they're being told to sit around and have a pow-wow about things. It's certainly not reality if they're being told to only talk about things that have been cleared for this bastardised version of Big Brother. Lawson's headline is that he did magic at 13? It's NOT that he has been to university to learn about acting and is in an upcoming film? Yeah, right. I'm sure the magic hobby is totally what defines his life.

Thirdly, it was like watching an episode of Neighbours. This goes back to the editing thing, but why are we seeing so many snippets of conversations so quickly - sometimes seemingly involving people who can't be in that room at the same time as the previous chat that we saw - that make it seem like a bad soapie? Why in the world was there a shot of the house from above? To capture the DRAMA of people being stuck in the house? Yeah, thanks Alex, but it's not supposed to be a drama.

I suppose the thing that annoyed me the most is that I had hope, and Alex claimed to be a Big Brother purist. I like the housemates, and he's clearly pretty good at casing. The show, however, is as pure as water in a sewage plant. The editing smells like it too.
:bawling: YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

Post this in the "Are we seriously getting no live updates at all this year?" thread too! It needs to be seen.

Can anyone find, or has anyone seen the credits for the show?

Interested to see who the new BB voice is this year now that Pete Cunningham has moved to the UK.
The last couple of years there's been a "credits" pdf on the OS. But I wouldn't hold my breath this year.

EDIT: bah- should have read your later posts. :bag:

My main problem with last night's show is it's clear we're not watching an actual reality show anymore. What we see isn't the reality. The original concept of the show is that Big Brother was always watching, but so were we. I didn't mind the removal of live cams as much as most people, because I agree somewhat with some of the arguments of it. Would I love to have them? Sure, but I can deal with not having them.

The lack of live updates is another blow. There's no reasoning to not have them, because they can still make sure nothing inappropriate comes out. They can filter it. The thing is that last night's show was the complete evolution of this - we're not getting shown any reality. It's all contrived rubbish.

Firstly, it wasn't in sequential order. Instead, it was in the order that the producers chose for the show to be in. This means that not only are we only seeing the conversations that Alex and co want us to see, but we're only seeing them in the order that they want us to see things. This is manipulating the show to the point of ridiculousness, because, unless it's as poorly edited as last night's show was, we can't actually tell what's happening when, and we can't trust what we're being shown. How are we to know who bitched about who first if we know they will so willingly swap footage around to suit their agenda?

Secondly, it was ludicrously contrived. It's not reality if they're being told to sit around and have a pow-wow about things. It's certainly not reality if they're being told to only talk about things that have been cleared for this bastardised version of Big Brother. Lawson's headline is that he did magic at 13? It's NOT that he has been to university to learn about acting and is in an upcoming film? Yeah, right. I'm sure the magic hobby is totally what defines his life.

Thirdly, it was like watching an episode of Neighbours. This goes back to the editing thing, but why are we seeing so many snippets of conversations so quickly - sometimes seemingly involving people who can't be in that room at the same time as the previous chat that we saw - that make it seem like a bad soapie? Why in the world was there a shot of the house from above? To capture the DRAMA of people being stuck in the house? Yeah, thanks Alex, but it's not supposed to be a drama.

I suppose the thing that annoyed me the most is that I had hope, and Alex claimed to be a Big Brother purist. I like the housemates, and he's clearly pretty good at casing. The show, however, is as pure as water in a sewage plant. The editing smells like it too.
Gif-Exactly.gif

Back