Skip to main content

Episode Day 20 (17/8) - Saturday Showdown

Ok so she didn't like Tahan (when she called her 'flakey') but then she changed her mind, which everyone does.
And I'm not going to try to justify the 'stink boys' comment because I actually have no idea why she said that.
I'm honestly just trying not to jump to conclusions about her. I'm trying to understand her and see things from her perspective because not enough people are doing that.

Fair call. That's a kind approach on your part and you might be gloating come eviction time tonight ... but I really hope not for my future BB viewing enjoyment.

Just because the first thing people disliked was her crying, and just because the crying is one of the most annoying things, it doesn't make other things we pick up on unjustified.
Read one of my recent responses to someone where I referred to a number of the comments she made about other HMs when she was put in the halfway house (as one example). She was pretty quick to do a turnabout on her 'Tahan is flakey at best' statement when suddenly Tahan was her best buddy option in the house (as another example). Her conversations with Drew come across as manipulative to me (not to you I know). Her blatantly telling Jade she could never replace her as Matt's best girl (or whatever the phrase was) screamed desperation to be in the cool clique. I believe she feels threatened by Jade and enjoys that she can express fault in her to Drew under the guise of giving a crap about him.
I agree with all this.
She seems two faced to me as well. Particularly in relation to Jade. She was playing the friend to her at the fence, hugging her and asking her what was happing with Ed, are you ok", etc. yet shortly afterwards she was warning Drew off.

I agree with all this.
She seems two faced to me as well. Particularly in relation to Jade. She was playing the friend to her at the fence, hugging her and asking her what was happing with Ed, are you ok", etc. yet shortly afterwards she was warning Drew off.
So? She probably doesn't dislike Jade; she just knows that Jade is playing Drew, so it was a pretty good warning IMO.

My main problem with her is that she thinks she's better than everyone else and she has a massive "woe is me" attitude. You're on Big Brother, strange things happen, people get nominated and YOU DEAL WITH IT! She constantly whinges about the "terrible people" she has to spend time with in the HWH - I'm sure it's not a walk in the park living with her either!

So? She probably doesn't dislike Jade; she just knows that Jade is playing Drew, so it was a pretty good warning IMO.
I totally agree it was a good warning ;)
My point was though, she was playing both sides and it did come off (to me, anyway) as somewhat two faced.

When she told Jade that she could never replace her, I'm pretty sure she was joking. She wasn't saying it in a mean way. And as you know, .

Agree, it was a joke,
Jade turned into more than what it was, she used it to her advantage when mentioning it to the other HM's.

. 2-when Tahan was comforting her (while she cried) she said she she was STUCK in there with all the STINK boys. And there are other comments. Saying she got on with those in the safe house better was only one remark of many she made and they were very telling remarks.

can't find the STINK boys comment when Tahan comforted her.
Tulley: "how, we've got none of the fun boys, were stuck with the bad boys, we've got no one"

Last edited:
My main problem with her is that she thinks she's better than everyone else and she has a massive "woe is me" attitude. You're on Big Brother, strange things happen, people get nominated and YOU DEAL WITH IT! She constantly whinges about the "terrible people" she has to spend time with in the HWH - I'm sure it's not a walk in the park living with her either!
I'm not a big fan of her attitude either but I can see where she's coming from. It might not be easy living with her either, but as viewers, our job isn't to only save the people we'd want to live with. We should be saving the HMs that make BB a good show to watch. For example, I'd probably hate to live with Mikkayla, but I'm happy for her to be safe because she contributes to my enjoyment of the show. She isn't boring.
I totally agree it was a good warning ;)
My point was though, she was playing both sides and it did come off (to me, anyway) as somewhat two faced.

She's clearly mostly on Drew's side, but she's being civil towards Jade because she doesn't have a reason not to.

I'm not a big fan of her attitude either but I can see where she's coming from. It might not be easy living with her either, but as viewers, our job isn't to only save the people we'd want to live with. We should be saving the HMs that make BB a good show to watch. For example, I'd probably hate to live with Mikkayla, but I'm happy for her to be safe because she contributes to my enjoyment of the show. She isn't boring.

She's clearly mostly on Drew's side, but she's being civil towards Jade because she doesn't have a reason not to.

She doesn't make the show enjoyable, she makes it painful. And she wasn't just being civil to Jade - she was trying to be all best friendy by having "girl chats" about Ed and encouraging her to make a move on him.

She doesn't make the show enjoyable, she makes it painful. And she wasn't just being civil to Jade - she was trying to be all best friendy by having "girl chats" about Ed and encouraging her to make a move on him.

Well for me it's enjoyable.

Yes, she was encouraging Jade to make a move on Ed because she knew that Jade liked him.

I'm watching the replay on Go now, and boy do they drag this show out. The woman from The Block and the two Mikes talk for about five minutes, we see BB announce the prizes for about a minute, then we go back to the Mikes and Block woman.

I'm watching the replay on Go now, and boy do they drag this show out. The woman from The Block and the two Mikes talk for about five minutes, we see BB announce the prizes for about a minute, then we go back to the Mikes and Block woman.
I recorded it & will do again this week, I had to skip the Mikes & whats her name, + because Sulky won, I skipped her DR comments, she's not someone I'm interested in listening to.... :p

So if you get the opportunity, record it and watch it later ....

Yeah she needs to learn to suck it up a but more. Xaviar was right when he reminded her that 5 other people were in the same position after the noms and yet once again instead of listening or taking feedback on board or considering how others felt she just went into "I can only care about me' mode ... She even said it! And she still didn't show any empathy to Xaviar when it was obvious from his comment that he wasn't happy but was just containing it.

I recorded it & will do again this week, I had to skip the Mikes & whats her name, + because Sulky won, I skipped her DR comments, she's not someone I'm interested in listening to.... :p

So if you get the opportunity, record it and watch it later ....

I do that for all the other BB shows, but then I always forget about that damn Showdown until the replay on Monday. :\

Was this the last Showdown featuring Shelley, Mikey & Michael? It almost sounded like Shelley was signing off on Saturday. Saying bye...

can't find the STINK boys comment when Tahan comforted her.
Tulley: "how, we've got none of the fun boys, were stuck with the bad boys, we've got no one"[/QUOTE]

Your correct. I should have put 'can't recall the exact term' after the word 'stink' in my post. But her comment is the same thing. We are stuck in here with all the bad boys!

I got the feeling that she was glad to be saying goodbye during that end scene.

Back