Skip to main content

David Appreciation Thread

Cat and Lina have very different issues. I don't think Cat would be one to be upset because one of the girls is hanging out with the guys.

I think Lina has been raised very differently to most of the housemates. I don't get why she is worried about Penny hanging out with the guys or why she is trying to create some girl vs. boy divide.

I know that Cat had different issues to Lina, but I'm curious to see how Lina is around David in the future.

How do you mean that Lina was raised differently?

I know that Cat had different issues to Lina, but I'm curious to see how Lina is around David in the future.

How do you mean that Lina was raised differently?
I swear she has said it in the house herself or someone else has, maybe it was David or Ryan? She's just super uptight and not laid back and comes across as such a prude.

Maybe it is the Asian influence.

I swear she has said it in the house herself or someone else has, maybe it was David or Ryan? She's just super uptight and not laid back and comes across as such a prude.

Maybe it is the Asian influence.

I'm a bit like Lina in that I'm a bit of a prude and can be super uptight. But I do think she has wonderful stage presence.

Does anyone else get the thing with Lina is about Lina finding him interesting, and as all females do trying to figure him out and change him and that annoys Dave? he's 31 he's set in his ways. Plus he must see Lina running around gossiping about everyone all the time and the reason for the male & female divide.

Why should Lina care about that? Is she that needy.....I mean vocally talented and awesome?

What was the Lina v David thing in the pool all about? I suspect it was something more than just a little argument.

I think Lina went into the house quite keen to get to know David and found him very interesting from the things she has said, and I think they probably would get along fine if they spent more time together one on one, as they have a few of the same interests ie soccer and travel. Remember when they were making up those Tinder profiles, and David joked hers would have 'Made in China' (especially with her life story) and Lina said her instagram profile actually had (or once had?) Made in China lol
With Lina often making jabs and being opinionated at the guys I think she's put them all offside, and she did say she didn't like their toilet humour because she didn't know them that well, plus maybe she puts up a bit of a guard with having a BF.
I think Lina is a little bit jelly of Penny getting to know David as well. BB did partner David with Penny to show her around the house the day the newbies moved in.
Maybe now Richard and Tom have been evicted, they will get to know each other better:)

Last edited:
It was refreshing to see someone talk about current affairs/world issues in the house instead of trivial things, like when she brought up ISIS.

She seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about the issues, but I suppose she couldn't really tell the housemates much considering a lot has happened with ISIS since September 8.

I think Lina went into the house quite keen to get to know David and found him very interesting from the things she has said, and I think they probably would get along fine if they spent more time together one on one, as they have a few of the same interests ie soccer and travel.
With Lina often making jabs and being opinionated at the guys I think she's put them all offside, and she did say she didn't like their toilet humour because she didn't know them that well, plus maybe she puts up a bit of guard with having a BF
I think Lina is a little bit jelly of Penny getting to know David as well. BB did partner David with Penny to show her around the house the day the newbies moved in.
Maybe now Richard and Tom have been evicted, they will get to know each other better:)
I think you're spot on.

She seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about the issues, but I suppose she couldn't really tell the housemates much considering a lot has happened with ISIS since September 8.
True. But it also brought out another side of Ryan as he seemed to enjoy the conversation about it too. I guess Lina enjoys more in-depth/intellectual conversations instead of discussing how many notches everyone has on their belts.

True. But it also brought out another side of Ryan as he seemed to enjoy the conversation about it too. I guess Lina enjoys more in-depth/intellectual conversations instead of discussing how many notches everyone has on their belts.

I wonder how often the housemates discuss world affairs? Or do they just sit around all day and fart in each other's faces while eating cake off the floor(except for the classy Lina.)?

Asking Dave out was for real.

Until I got on set was led to believe if Dave liked me we would get to hang in sanctuary.

You can't honestly believe they were going to let you take him into the sank? And give you tickets to the wrap party? And give him your phone number unless he asks for it? They are there to produce a TV show, not be a dating service.

I hope for your sake he chooses to contact you because you seem pretty well invested in the possibilities and have it all planned out. Good luck! :thumbsup:

it's like that comment David made to Penny about having kids. The context is missing to fully understand it
I actually completely understood what he was getting at there, especially when he said it the second time around, it's the sort of (apparently awkward, who knew?) thing I've said to people before. Sometimes you meet someone who has an awesome combination of personality traits and you just really want them to go out there and have lots of kids, spread their DNA far and wide, fill the planet with a few more decent people. Not that I expect everyone to have kids or anything, but sometimes you interact with so many awful people every day that when you finally meet someone who is made of so many good traits you just think "oh please go out and multiply, we need more of you..." That's how I interpreted what he said anyway. I'd have to find that second clip again but I think that's what he was going for.

I wonder how often the housemates discuss world affairs? Or do they just sit around all day and fart in each other's faces while eating cake off the floor(except for the classy Lina.)?
I'm sure they do but from an entertainment standpoint, it might not grab viewers. Plus after being locked away for so long they are probably running out of things to discuss.

Guys that went great and maybe now Dave will find out I am real - I only said was Chloe so could go meet him.

Ok I watched the bachelor - am not that girl! Guys I have heaps of ink. I am STEPH GIA on Facebook.

Am not an actress! Was obviously nervous going in.

Am stoked that one day soon Dave will hear I am real - but doubt the producers will pass on my #, they maybe thought it was weird I'm genuinely attracted to Dave.

I have a funny present from typo for him (beard related) and wasn't allowed to give it to him - yet Skye's mum gave her a bear.

They offered me tix to the show on the night he will be evicted.

Was never invited to finale and told am not allowed to go to the wrap party to meet him for real as me, not as silly 'chloe' - pretty lame.

Dave is savvy - he should know how to track me down if he wants...but just doubt producers will even tell him that Chloe chick was fake but Steph Gia from glebe is real and been sweet on you from the start.

Yes travvy is my fav - but am half Sicilian and travvy reminds me of my cousins/brother...cracks me up, so he will always be my fav.

Of course Dave and then Priya are my next faves.

Had I gone in house, Dave is the only man can see myself being sexually attracted to in there, both physically and intellectually.

That sucks that you couldn't give David your present, when Skye's family were allowed to give her a teddy.gif

They probably all said their 'number', but they only showed David saying it to show the fight with Lina I'm guessing. I'll have to rewatch, I was doing dishes and only half listening haha

David's number is definitely NOT 75 - i am sure he would have told the housemates at some point he was lying/joking however we didn't see it. i Couldn't tell you his exact number, but i know for certain that its neither shockingly high or low. He has been single his whole life but he has never been a man-whore. He would rather go out, have a great time with his mates than be on the prowl for women all night.

David is about 5'8".

Hope this helps clarify the nonsense editing we are continually subjected to.

I don't see how he's "bragging" when the only reason he said it was because he was asked. He couldn't really not tell the group when they were all talking about it. Saying "none of your business" or something usually brings more unwanted attention to it than just saying it. That's even if he was telling the truth. For all we know Leo who's a similar age said 100+ so David bumped his up a bit.

Edit - Just saw that Lisa confirmed he was joking anyway :)

Just to clear this up, i agree 75 isn't high for a 31 year who has been single his whole life however David was lying/joking which they failed to show. He is neither premiscuous nor a prude. If anything this just highlights the terrible editing we see each night. Hope this helps!

Thank you for telling us that!!

Seriously, for some reason, I wasn't expecting that at all from David, to just blurt out a number like that.
I know I don't know him..but from hints of what we've seen and how he talks about women (he doesn't talk about them like they're something for him to bang and then brag about) I always see him as MUCH BETTER than the trashy men in there type and I don't want him to stoop low.

:)

yeah I think it was just a number he came up with for whatever reason, it's not like he said 71.5 and kept a little black book lol
It appeared they were sharing numbers but BB was focused on Lina and David's little tiff, probably not actually meaning to make deal of David saying 75.

We needed you around when the hate threads were in high force (and probably will be again), how satisfying it would be to see you be able to "BOOM BITCH" the haters with facts.
I'm waiting for a 'David is a Man-Whore' thread to pop up:p and haven't read the daily thread yet eek lol

Oh, and guys can I just hear a "HELL YEAH!" about Skye and Priya being penalised three nomination points. Awesome!!!! :thumbsup:

Personally I think it should be a automatic nomination, but beggars can't be choosers.

I did a quiet fist pump when that happened, but why didn't Travis also get 3 points? Interesting.

yeah why didn't Travis get punished as well... he was giving hints to Skye

That sucks that you couldn't give David your present, when Skye's family were allowed to give her a View attachment 45684

yeah I think it was just a round number he came up with, it's not like he said 71.5 and kept a little black book lol
It appeared they were sharing numbers but BB was focused on Lina and David, not actually meaning to make deal of David said number 75.

I'm waiting for the 'David is Man-Whore' threads to pop up:p and haven't read the daily thread yet eek lol

yeah why didn't Travis get punished as well... he was giving big hints to Skye
I'm off reading the daily show thread nowadays, it's ridiculously biased and judgemental, from EVERYONE haha

Back