Skip to main content

Dance Thread

Genius clip @Alias, love how light footed old fatty is and his decorating, but oh boy Buster - I have this wonderful black & white print of his so elegant sorrowful face.
Such elegant stylish clowns/comics in that era

Genius clip @Alias, love how light footed old fatty is and his decorating, but oh boy Buster - I have this wonderful black & white print of his so elegant sorrowful face.

Dancing used to be such a big thing in movies. Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers, and of course Gene Kelly. Now it has been relegated to crappy teen movies.

Coming December.
la-la-land-festival-poster.jpg

This is getting rave reviews, stunning apparently.

It is odd how much musicals went out of film fashion - yet people still flock to the theatre for live musicals.
A lot of musicals had no plot, or not much, it was all about the spectacle, those women making patterns on the floor.
And still when they make one it is usually a hit, even bad ones like Momma Mia, good Chicago, etc
We demand more than old musicals, but music clips have taken over, mini musicals a lot of them.

Ever had tap shoes on? The tapping is addictive.

They were great, but I particularly like Buster. He was so expressive, graceful and ridiculous and I love his underdog character. And yes, what a beautiful face he had when he was young. He was a good dancer actually and a great drag artist too. He made a pretty good woman! :biggrin: ...

Buster - that hill chase with rocks, is so classic.

I attended a freebie belly dancing class last night, local council has a get fit/healthy November campaign with lots a freebies.
Belly dancing instructor is excellent - her shimmy/twerking thing is out of this world.
Good fun. good work out.

Yes, Buster's chase scenes are epic. I thought Benny Hill invented the whole being chased by hoardes of women thing until I saw that movie. :D

I used to do belly dancing ages ago at a community college. Lots of fun and really good for your core muscles. I've been to a few Muslim and Lebanese weddings and gatherings. It just comes naturally to them. They're so graceful. I don't have much rhythm but I try. :asshat:

That shimmy/twerk thing is so hard, our instructor was awesome. It certainly was a good work out. I write it all down when I get home. Now I have a belly dancing routine, and a Bollywood one from last year.
Bollywood freebies coming up soon.
Melbourne is good like that, lots of get out and move stuff over spring/summer.
Hop to check out a tapfit class next week, can't wait.

I don't like Gene, he is a bit thuggy.......prefer elegant Fred, and his style and movies

Gene is a great dancer for sure. And is probably better looking by most standards, but I love lithe grasshoper looking Fred.
I find the snappy 20s/30s musicals Ginger & Fred made more fun to watch too.
Some of those later MGM musicals are weird, the bits between dancing anyway.

Well @reepbot, you had better watch a lot more movies before you even attempt a 50 great movies.
For shame, you haven't seen the best dancing pair on screen? Legends Ginger & Fred, are so gorgeous dancing, so elegant.
20s/30s being elegant and stylish eras, the sets are divine.

Have you watched many really old black & white movies?

Gorgeous Fred & Ginger compilation

And a big movie number

oooo look I found Fred & Gene dancing together

Last edited:
Back