@reepbot take note:)

And Justin...explains...how dancing is/feels/lives inside dancing people

Free therapy, dance, dance, dance

Fancy dancing man!Swept Swifty off her feet - literally
Every girl loves a man who can MOVE, and TWIRL his girl

@reepbot take note:)

And Justin...explains...how dancing is/feels/lives inside dancing people

Free therapy, dance, dance, dance
I posted the official video clip of "Can't stop the feeling" a couple of weeks ago. I really love this song.

Reactions: kxk
ooo that old dude is awesome, he actually prefers to boogie on his own, and oh if i must - well I need 2 gals to keep up with me.
He's in the zone - when dancing feels transcendental.

And my new passion, Christine & the Queens, French, classy, elegant, oo la la
About time someone breaks through with alternatives to the boring half naked showgirl divas, so boring

tumblr_muh36teFsM1qjl99uo1_400.gif

FLASH MOBS, ARE FANTASTIC

Dance relieves stress done alone, and done with others, euphoria en mass

Anyone watching SYTYCD next generation...there has been so much criticism about the format

And TAP is the best, deserves more, I LOVE tapping...doing it and watching:)
Fred & Bojangles, my heroes

TAP HISTORY
68735-004-9F4018D8.jpg

BOJANGLES, BILL ROBINSON

178868-004-7D1ACC16.jpg

BOJANGLES DANCES WITH SHIRLEY

These guys are genius
77201-004-D1C1356E.jpg

NICHOLAS BROTHERS

The early slave trade in America was a collision of cultures that resulted in the creation of a new art form.

Slave-holders already fearful of revolt, began to panic when it was discovered that Africans could communicate with each other - over long distances and in code - through the use of drums. All over the South, slave-holders forbid the use of drums and other native instruments in African religious ceremonies.

But African-Americans held on to their traditional rhythms by transferring them to their feet. The tapping out of complex rhythmic passages was developed, and a subtle, intricate and vital physical code of expression was born.

By the mid-nineteenth century, African-Americans had combined their footwork with Irish and British clogging steps to create an entirely original form of dance called "buck and wing." The popularity of the "waltz clog" is said to have led to a smoother style. Bill "Bojangles" Robinson was the master of this style.

The waltz clog preceeded the "soft shoe" -- a graceful and controlled dance (usually without taps) made popular in Vaudeville. There is also a fast military tap known as "shotgun tap." The tap dancers in vaudeville were called "hoofers." Hoofers usually improvised and were sometimes known for their own specialty "flash step".

In the early part of the 20th century several people contributed to the development of tap. Toots Davis and Eddie Rector did tap in the review "Darktown Follies" in 1913. Eubie Blake and Noble Sissle created a Broadway show in 1921 called "Shuffle Along" that featured tap dance and became enormously popular. The Charleston was introduced in a show called "Liza" but truly took off after the "Charleston" song written for the musical "Runnin' Wild" featured tap dancers Pete Nugent and Derby Wilson in 1923. Another show "Dinah" (1924) introduced the "Black Bottom." Clarence Robinson is reported to have brought tap dancing to the Cotton Club in 1934.

And then Aussies took it back to it's roots with TAPDOGS
tap-dogs-2012-592x728.jpg

tap-dogs-pic.jpg

Back