Skip to main content

Clawson

I actually thought it was pretty brave of Cat to just tell him like that. Obviously it was really bothering her and I don't think there's a tidy or perfect way to handle the situation.

When Lawson said he felt the same he didn't mean he had the same feelings for her that she has for him. He was talking about the same awkwardness about hanging out with her.
I did also think that may have been a way to think about it... However IF this is the case, and I do hope it is, he should still not be 'mucking around' and 'cuddling' her when he knows she has feelings for him. That is a surefire way to cause more awkwardness.h7C662FEE.jpg

When Lawson said he felt the same he didn't mean he had the same feelings for her that she has for him. He was talking about the same awkwardness about hanging out with her.
See, that's what I initially thought, but then he went on and I think he did mean feelings. I can't remember what he said directly after that, but it made me think differently. But, yes, it did sound like he was talking about the awkwardness. Oh, I remember what he said, he went on to talk about not liking her talking to others and wanting her to himself, pretty much, and that is why I realized he wasn't just talking about the awkwardness.

I actually thought it was pretty brave of Cat to just tell him like that. Obviously it was really bothering her and I don't think there's a tidy or perfect way to handle the situation.
I do. You say nothing. I respect myself enough to not confess feelings for someone in a relationship, and I'd respect their relationship enough to not go there. I've had a crush on someone in a relationship, and it never even occurred to me to say something. I knew better. I would NEVER want to disrespect another woman in that way. All I ever have to do is stop and think how I would feel if someone did that to me, and that is enough to keep my mouth shut. Both she and Sandra confessed in the hopes of it leading somewhere. So, I have negative sympathy for both of them.

That is what I was hoping he meant, but then it just got weird.

Same with Sam frankly. You don't let a girl (Sandra) draw cutesie circles with her finger on your naked back if you've got a girlfriend.

Be a man and tell her it's not appropriate and to stop it.

Both of these guys are a bit weak in my view.

I agree on all counts. Sam has also given Sandra a naked back massage.

All parties are not respecting appropriate boundaries. It's all the more important to put them in place and maintain them when one, or both are emotionally involved. If anything they should have a "no touch' rule, even comforting. There are plenty of other HM's to go and get a hug off.

The onus is on the person/s in a relationship to keep the boundaries.

I do. You say nothing. I respect myself enough to not confess feelings for someone in a relationship, and I'd respect their relationship enough to not go there. I've had a crush on someone in a relationship, and it never even occurred to me to say something. I knew better. I would NEVER want to disrespect another woman in that way. All I ever have to do is stop and think how I would feel if someone did that to me, and that is enough to keep my mouth shut. Both she and Sandra confessed in the hopes of it leading somewhere. So, I have negative sympathy for both of them.

Yeah this. I wouldn't say anything to someone in a relationship - even if I knew the GF and thought she was a bitch lol. You just do not do that to another girl because you KNOW how much it would suck if it was done to you.

In a normal, everyday situation, I totally agree. But in a trapped-with-you-24-7 situation, I'm not so sure. It really depends on their actions now after the discussion.

I agree on all counts. Sam has also given Sandra a naked back massage.

All parties are not respecting appropriate boundaries. It's all the more important to put them in place and maintain them when one, or both are emotionally involved. If anything they should have a "no touch' rule, even comforting. There are plenty of other HM's to go and get a hug off.

The onus is on the person/s in a relationship to keep the boundaries.

Dion as an example - He kept respectful boundaries. He told Sandra that she was beautiful and marriage material but it was moreso in a comforting brotherly way rather than a creepy/questionable way. He also kept clear boundaries from the girls while still being their friend.

I have guy friends who have gfs, and I have a bf.. We don't go massaging eachother and dry humping eachother at any given moment.. Howling we have feelings for one another and we can't act on it.... It's just... Weird. Control yo'self people.

In a normal, everyday situation, I totally agree. But in a trapped-with-you-24-7 situation, I'm not so sure. It really depends on their actions now after the discussion.
See, I don't let people off the hook that easily. These are not children. We are talking about a 30 year old woman. So, if she were married, would she throw away her relationship because she got on well with a guy after 3 weeks? I completely understand dynamics change in that environment, but I don't believe for a second most people would throw away a solid, long term relationship, because they are a little lonely. Cat's acting like she's been stranded on an island for 5 years with no contact with anyone. I hate the implication that they have no control. Again, these are not children. I hear what you're saying, but this kind of behavior really bothers me. BB needs to cast more single people, because this kind of nonsense is just not entertaining.
I'm already done with Cat, but it will be interesting to see what happens. I said it earlier, I think she will probably respect what was said, unlike Sandra, the leader of the desperados.

He also followed up the bit about feeling exactly the same with saying it's not a possibility, which I thought made it pretty clear that he meant he felt the same about her, not the awkwardness.

Yep...exactly. He was assuring her that her feelings weren't one-sided...but that they can't do anything about it. She perked right up after he said that. He just gave her hope in a way that he thinks has been disguised as a let-down. Unless his partner is a complete moron...or under some kind of magician hypnosis...he hasn't gotten away with shit. I would hope that the majority of the public aren't fooled by this either. He is stringing her along...whether it is to control her in the game, boost his ego, use it for exposure on the show, see how far he can take it with her out of boredom, or all of the above...I'm not sure. But he wouldn't have risked his relationship by telling Cat he feels the same (it's ok honey...I did fall for her but I told her that I can't act on it so you can't be mad... :shifty::angelic:) unless he was either stupid...thought his partner was stupid...or has an agenda.

I know they all say "oh you crave affection in the house" but a lot of people are away from their loved ones, be it they're serving overseas or they work on the mines etc.. You don't see them (well majority) shacking up with someone for part time cuddles etc. while their partner is away?....

THIS! My partner is in the army and we live 8 hours apart. Obviously we miss affection and whatnot but we miss that from each other! Not ever would either of us consider getting that elsewhere as all we want is each other? We have only managed to see each other twice in the last 3 and a half weeks and yeah it's tough on both of us but no one ever could temporarily take his spot in my life just because I "miss" affection. Biggest load of bull. I miss HIS affection not just affection in general. And when you care for someone I feel that's the way it is.

I know they're away from their families and friends so they don't have the people in their life they lean on for support inside the house but they all go on about how "close" their bonds are so wouldn't that fill that void? Honestly for me, you could put me in any situation and id be the first to admit I miss affection etc but id miss that from my guy, not just anyone. You can have a rock in the house for sure, but it can also be a platonic rock!

THIS! My partner is in the army and we live 8 hours apart. Obviously we miss affection and whatnot but we miss that from each other! Not ever would either of us consider getting that elsewhere as all we want is each other? We have only managed to see each other twice in the last 3 and a half weeks and yeah it's tough on both of us but no one ever could temporarily take his spot in my life just because I "miss" affection. Biggest load of bull. I miss HIS affection not just affection in general. And when you care for someone I feel that's the way it is.

I know they're away from their families and friends so they don't have the people in their life they lean on for support inside the house but they all go on about how "close" their bonds are so wouldn't that fill that void? Honestly for me, you could put me in any situation and id be the first to admit I miss affection etc but id miss that from my guy, not just anyone. You can have a rock in the house for sure, but it can also be a platonic rock!

100%

I would more likely form an unhealthy attachment to those gorgeous poodles and become a crazy dog lady.

If it was years apart, then maybe I could understand how it -could- potentially take it's toll... BUT IT'S BEEN 3 WEEKS.

3 weeks is NOT a long time at all.

100%

I would more likely form an unhealthy attachment to those gorgeous poodles and become a crazy dog lady.

If it was years apart, then maybe I could understand how it -could- potentially take it's toll... BUT IT'S BEEN 3 WEEKS.

Exactly! In the big scheme of things three weeks is nothing. Yes it's disappointing to wake up and not be able to see your partner, but it's part of life and it's not forever! You don't need constant affection, we aren't children, we are adults. And yes there are clearly two ridiculously cute crazy poodles just aching for some love in there! Latch on to them instead hahaha

100%

I hate to think what might have happened if Cat confessed her feelings after 6-8 weeks, especially during a Friday night party..they have already kissed in the spin the bottle game...
I think Lawson does like to flirt with Cat at times and is flattered by crush but doesn't want to ruin his game plan or cheat on his long-term GF on tv, and that's partly why he was sulking after their 'fight' plus feeling threatened with Leo's sudden presence in the house.

I hate to think what might have happened if Cat confessed her feelings after 6-8 weeks, especially during a Friday night party..they have already kissed in the spin the bottle game...
I think Lawson does like to flirt with Cat at times and is flattered by crush but doesn't want to ruin his game plan or cheat on his GF on tv, and that's partly why he was sulking after their 'fight' plus feeling threatened with Leo's sudden presence in the house.

I really hope Leo has been given instruction by BB to hone in on Cat haha... By any means I would say Lawson has screwed things with his gf on the outside so to watch him suffer a little on the inside by losing out on what has probably ruined his 'long term love' would be pretty funny.

I did really like Lawson, and though he has a massive contender for winning... I also thought he was a bit cute AND he is from the same area I grew up in.. Now he's kinda gone down a fair amount in my eyes. Shame! It'll be fun to watch him be tormented a little.. C'mon crazy Cat... Leo is a-waitin' (hopefully lol)

I still like Lawson. I still like Cat. But I do realise that last night may have decreased Lawson's chances of winning Big Brother.

I felt sorry for Cat. It was like an emotional band-aid was being torn off her skin. I am still not sure what Lawson was trying to say to Cat. I just think he has an confusing way with words.

Back